Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was actually thinking those were the smaller ones. Which would lead me to believe that the standard ones are the correct flairs for anything up to a 285 tire, and the 315s need the wider ones.

Here's a picture of a squatched bronco with what I assume are the wide flairs, and look wider than the ones in these shots.

Squatch (315 35" tires):
ngler-rubicon-and-gladiator-rubicon-modified-7-jpg.jpg

Wildtrack non-squatch (285 33" tires):
2-jpg.jpg
You're right, once you put them next to each other it's obvious. It's what I thought was the case all along. Guess I'll be getting the bigger flares and 35's for my manual Badlands...
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm with you on this... I just can't understand all this desire to be black-on-black-on-black. It reminds me of someone running to walmart and buying a bunch of spray cans and painting their car.... total lack of any style.

But each to their own I guess...
So is Gray or White while we’re at it ....

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably a stupid detail to notice, but I see in the interior photo that all the controls are backlit in blue, and it appears this may have some version of the ambient foot well lighting from the Mid package (also in blue).

I originally just assumed that the ambient lighting could be user-adjusted - only because that's how I've always seen it that way in other vehicles. But this got me thinking that might not be the case.

If the ambient lighting is not adjustable, that might impact what color interior people want.
If it is adjustable, I wonder if any of the control backlighting will also be adjustable to match?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

“Unique Badlands suspension”
Does anyone know what this means? I’m getting an OBX and it only comes with 32’s. I figured at the first change of tires I could jump to 33’s no problem unless there’s some more clearance with the Badlands. Thoughts.
I haven’t done the math, but the Bilsteins add lift.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is Gray or White while we’re at it ....
I dunno... I'll give someone that.. Black and White at least has contrast. But when you only "character" difference is Gloss black vs flat black... eh ;P

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

thanks,
so the Badlands has different bilsteins or does the OBX just not have bilsteins?
A non-Squatch OBX will not have the Position Sensitive Bilsteins. Has to have the Squatch to get them. Badlands is the only model without Sasquatch that has those. (FE and WT both come stock with Sasquatch.)

I suspect that is the cutoff for the beefier IFS components too.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Administrator update: added photos from factory.

Keep in mind these are preproduction vehicles and aren’t fitted with all the parts we’ll see on the production Badlands.

Good look at the dashboard, center console and leather seats.

2021 Ford Bronco Interior Leather Badlands Automatic Transmission.jpg

More photos, including Interior:

2.7L Ecoboost
Leather seats
Carpet
Auto transmission

Pics by Matt Justice

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-21-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-23-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-22-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-24-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-20-jpg.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 12.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 11.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 10.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 15.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 14.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 13.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 1.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 2.jpg

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
Are you sure this is the badlands? Looks like the marine grade seats that had been “confirmed” on this site. Also the badlands does not have carpet. Can we get some clarification?

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Guess I'll get good at leaning over to pull in the passenger side. Pretty sure I won't be able to train the dog to do it for me. Haha
My understanding is they are automatic...the automatically fold at the first tree you hit.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t like how the leather is not tight on the seat looks like
531D6941-8840-4FA2-9761-778B1FB27ABA.jpeg
a seat that’s been sat on for 3 years already
Again, keep in mind these are prototypes. Either the process wasn't nailed down 100 percent yet or they just didn't care about that aspect of the product just yet because they were tinkering with other things.

I doubt they'll let things like this go out the door in 2020 especially with this much demand and excitement over their product.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t like how the leather is not tight on the seat looks like
531D6941-8840-4FA2-9761-778B1FB27ABA.jpeg
a seat that’s been sat on for 3 years already
I had a bad experience with Ford Leather on my 2015 F-150. Not the back like this, but the seat portion was fairly stretched/loose with indents after only 3-4 months of use. I had to live with it... For reference I weigh about 210 lbs, which I wouldn't consider to be outside of a tolerable range for the leather/seats to handle. I will say it didn't really continue to get worse. Looked about the same after 3 years as it did at 4 months of ownership.

A lot can change in 5 years in terms of materials/processes used, but I am going to try the vinyl seats this time around.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is probably a stupid detail to notice, but I see in the interior photo that all the controls are backlit in blue, and it appears this may have some version of the ambient foot well lighting from the Mid package (also in blue).

I originally just assumed that the ambient lighting could be user-adjusted - only because that's how I've always seen it that way in other vehicles. But this got me thinking that might not be the case.

If the ambient lighting is not adjustable, that might impact what color interior people want.
If it is adjustable, I wonder if any of the control backlighting will also be adjustable to match?
Ambient lighting is adjustable (usually 7 colors or so), but the controls on the dash aren't changed.
Sponsored