Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 1.jpg

This can only look better with the modular steel bumper...

Really looking forward to the new Bronco Badlands (sans Sasquatch)!!
Sponsored

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably a stupid detail to notice, but I see in the interior photo that all the controls are backlit in blue, and it appears this may have some version of the ambient foot well lighting from the Mid package (also in blue).

I originally just assumed that the ambient lighting could be user-adjusted - only because that's how I've always seen it that way in other vehicles. But this got me thinking that might not be the case.

If the ambient lighting is not adjustable, that might impact what color interior people want.
If it is adjustable, I wonder if any of the control backlighting will also be adjustable to match?
My 2019 Ford F150 SCREW King Ranch has the ambient lighting option. It is only "ice blue" I think they call it. My 2008 Mustang was user adjustable to any color (basically). That being said, I like the blue and the King Ranch interior is orangish-brown.

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This can only look better with the modular steel bumper...

Really looking forward to the new Bronco Badlands (sans Sasquatch)!!
I really need to see a Badlands Sasquatch next to a regular Badlands. I'm not completely understanding how much different the suspension will be. I reserved a Badlands but do I need or want the Sasquatch for the extra $$$$?

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really need to see a Badlands Sasquatch next to a regular Badlands. I'm not completely understanding how much different the suspension will be. I reserved a Badlands but do I need or want the Sasquatch for the extra $$$$?
I am curious about this as well, mainly because the regular Badlands comes with 285/70/17 tires, which are 32.7 inches tall with a sidewall of 7.9 inches. The Sasquatch comes with 315/70/17 tires, which are 34.4 inches tall with a sidewall of 8.7 inches. These numbers are never 100 percent exact of course, but that would mean between the regular Badlands and the Sasquatch there is less than an inch difference in ground clearance from the tires.

Depending on the suspension, there may be very little difference between the regular Badlands height and the Badlands with Sasquatch. And I'm thinking if that is the case, I may leave my Badlands as is and run the 33's on it. When they wear out I'll pop the high clearance fender flares on there and just switch to the 35's.

The Badlands has most of the Sasquatch package already. We just don't know for sure about the suspension, but if the suspension is equal, then this would be an easy way to get the Badlands with a manual transmission and just change the tires later. (Or just run 33's on it, since that's really probably more the sweet spot for someone like me. The 35's look awesome, but I freely admit I'll be on paved roads or beaches more often than trails.)

NYCwelder

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Unique Badlands suspension”
Does anyone know what this means? I’m getting an OBX and it only comes with 32’s. I figured at the first change of tires I could jump to 33’s no problem unless there’s some more clearance with the Badlands. Thoughts.
I think that just means it has the sway bar disconnect.

Sponsored

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious about this as well, mainly because the regular Badlands comes with 285/70/17 tires, which are 32.7 inches tall with a sidewall of 7.9 inches. The Sasquatch comes with 315/70/17 tires, which are 34.4 inches tall with a sidewall of 8.7 inches. These numbers are never 100 percent exact of course, but that would mean between the regular Badlands and the Sasquatch there is less than an inch difference in ground clearance from the tires.

Depending on the suspension, there may be very little difference between the regular Badlands height and the Badlands with Sasquatch. And I'm thinking if that is the case, I may leave my Badlands as is and run the 33's on it. When they wear out I'll pop the high clearance fender flares on there and just switch to the 35's.

The Badlands has most of the Sasquatch package already. We just don't know for sure about the suspension, but if the suspension is equal, then this would be an easy way to get the Badlands with a manual transmission and just change the tires later. (Or just run 33's on it, since that's really probably more the sweet spot for someone like me. The 35's look awesome, but I freely admit I'll be on paved roads or beaches more often than trails.)
I'm 100% with you. The Badlands seems to have most of not all of the important pieces that make up the Sasquatch package to begin with. I would like the 35s but I'll settle 33's. The only hang up I have with the manual is that you can't combine it with a 2.7. like you, I'll have this truck on the street most of the time and I'm worried I'll miss those 40 or so horses under the hood.

One thing is for sure. The Base model sitting next to the Sasquatch in the pictures last week speaks volumes to me. I didn't wait all these years to end up with anything less than exactly what I want.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went and stood next to a Gladiator with 35" tires and was blown away at how huge they were in real life. Standard counter top height in your home is 36"...

Yeah, I want to see the difference for myself and the cost, but I'm still leaning towards no Sasquatch.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I went and stood next to a Gladiator with 35" tires and was blown away at how huge they were in real life. Standard counter top height in your home is 36"...

Yeah, I want to see the difference for myself and the cost, but I'm still leaning towards no Sasquatch.
Yeah, 35's are awesome on paper and on the internet. But you start moving those things around and you're like...WHOOBOY...MAYBE I'LL LET SOMEBODY ELSE DO MY BRAKES. And WHY IS MY TRUCK SO SLOW?!?!

Also...Buying 35's will cause a lot of people more pain than they're ready for. Especially if they pull stupid and put 20" wheels on there. My truck has 20's with 35's, and you're gonna drop 2k on tires alone if you're not careful.

/still gonna do it

Maximillionaire

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone like it in black? It seems to make the whole truck look very small minus the Hugh Jass mirrors that don’t draw attention on other colors.
Idk, I’m not feeling black at all on the Bronco. It kinda makes the truck look like a black barrel. I feel like the other colors would also give you an option to customize grille and roof color for a more custom look......and making the decision even more difficult. I don’t even know what color to get anymore....really I feel like buying 2 or 3 of these lol

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Idk, I’m not feeling black at all on the Bronco. It kinda makes the truck look like a black barrel. I feel like the other colors would also give you an option to customize grille and roof color for a more custom look......and making the decision even more difficult. I don’t even know what color to get anymore....really I feel like buying 2 or 3 of these lol
2 base models = 1 FE$$$

Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Administrator update: added photos from factory.

Keep in mind these are preproduction vehicles and aren’t fitted with all the parts we’ll see on the production Badlands.

Good look at the dashboard, center console and leather seats.

2021 Ford Bronco Interior Leather Badlands Automatic Transmission.jpg

More photos, including Interior:

2.7L Ecoboost
Leather seats
Carpet
Auto transmission

Pics by Matt Justice

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-21-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-23-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-22-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-24-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-20-jpg.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 12.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 11.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 10.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 15.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 14.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 13.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 2.jpg

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
Looks really good on the 33 inch wheels, imo. This is the size I was planning for so it's nice to actually see what it will look like. Since I want the manual transmission, no Sasquatch package for me. Nice compromise for street and trail use.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Keep in mind these are preproduction vehicles and aren’t fitted with all the parts we’ll see on the production Badlands.

Good look at the dashboard, center console and leather seats.

2021 Ford Bronco Interior Leather Badlands Automatic Transmission.jpg

More photos, including Interior:

2.7L Ecoboost
Leather seats
Carpet
Auto transmission

Pics by Matt Justice

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-21-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-23-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-22-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-24-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-badlands-no-sasquatch-20-jpg.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 12.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 11.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 10.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 15.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 14.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 13.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford.jpg

2021 Bronco Badlands No Sasquatch at Livonia Automactic Transmission Ford 2.jpg

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

And some parts we'll probably never see, like that sweet saddle leather interior. Over the last few years, Ford has seemingly paraphrased Henry Ford - You can have any interior color you like... as long as it's black. :(

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's maybe just the camera (if the DLR colour is any indication) but the blue switch lighting in this Bronc is much nicer than Ford's current powder blue...

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

The Squatch package is 1.4" taller and 3" wider. That means there's .6" more lift if you subtract out the added tire height and the wheels are pushed out farther even when accounting for the extra width. The end result is a much more aggressive looking stance IMO, although the 33s do look very good.

We also know the Squatch package limits up travel to prevent rubbing, meaning the chances that 35s on an otherwise un-modded Badlands won't ever rub are slim to none. People have different definitions of what "fits" means, and there may be no problem in normal driving.

We also do know that the Badlands gets the same Bilsteins they put on the Squatch package as confirmed by Ford on twitter.
Sponsored