Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you. I like it but it's the highest picked color by far. I don't want to be another face in the crowd.
Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used to a 92 4.0 5spd 2wd. It was a lil rocket tank. Spin tires in 3 gears. Went through 8 inch deep snow on country roads. Drove from ohio to the east coast in the winter. 20mpg avg, 17mpg on a tank full of burnouts. All I did in 5 years of ownership was change the oil and air filter and battery. I put 100,000 miles on it. Was a hell of a truck.
That was exactly my spec of truck, and 1992 as well. I left it stock for 5 years, then put a Hurst shifter, heavy duty front springs, and a lunchbox locker in it. Also a tubular air intake, custom headers, and a 2.5" Borla exhaust. Drove for another 5 years. What a glorious little sleeper.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well? How did it look going down the road?

I was shocked to see these on the highway today. About 3pm, I spotted the black with funky top and the CG with the trailer. They were westbound on Ohio Rt 2, just west of Sandusky.
I scared the hell out of my wife when I screamed “that’s a f**king Bronco!”.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nuts. just realized the roof rack is really pushed forward so the rear support aligns with the steel cage. That means that a Thule cant be placed in the rear half of the roof, only the front half and would block the sun if you have the front panel roof removed.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nuts. just realized the roof rack is really pushed forward so the rear support aligns with the steel cage. That means that a Thule cant be placed in the rear half of the roof, only the front half and would block the sun if you have the front panel roof removed.
Looks like there's another, further back, attachment point at the back panel. So you can extend the roof rails back further. The red-fishing-pole-Bronco had two perpendicular bars at those points.

So you should be able to run a rack further back than the set-up shown in this thread. It'll be interesting to see what is available for production. My guess is there are at least three roof rail configurations. The one you see here, one that goes from the windshield as well but goes back further, and one that just runs perpendicular at the two points on the rear panel.

I don't know all the Thule gear but a Yakima rack is available in a ton of dimensions that should fit any configuration and keep that front panel open. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that Cactus Gray lookin' good pullin' that trailer..

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I came to this thread expecting to see a Badlands towing a trailer with an Outerbanks on it, damn the tow ratings. I left disappointed. Misleading thread title. :p

704Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Gti, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Spotted: Bronco Badlands Sasquatch towing trailer with Outerbanks in the wild D3E9FC32-7E73-4E67-8572-8B54665A9DD4

it looks like without a frame on the doors, that the rear window can get misaligned when rolled up. Maybe the back seat is loaded with gear and something pushed the top of the window out??

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Spotted: Bronco Badlands Sasquatch towing trailer with Outerbanks in the wild D3E9FC32-7E73-4E67-8572-8B54665A9DD4

it looks like without a frame on the doors, that the rear window can get misaligned when rolled up. Maybe the back seat is loaded with gear and something pushed the top of the window out??
I sure hope they have the sensor like on a mustang convertible that drops the window approx 1/4 of inch before opening & shutting the door so it doesn’t catch. Once in place it rolls back up snug. My 11 GT500 had this feature. My 04 cobra vert did not and i had the passenger window get misaligned because of it.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like there's another, further back, attachment point at the back panel. So you can extend the roof rails back further. The red-fishing-pole-Bronco had two perpendicular bars at those points.
Thanks. A full rack is better. Although still on fence given you cant remove mid panel. I am very curious to see what else is offered. maybe a certain type of cargo box could be screwed down to the Yakima rack to free up the mid and front panels that would be ideal.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. A full rack is better. Although still on fence given you cant remove mid panel. I am very curious to see what else is offered. maybe a certain type of cargo box could be screwed down to the Yakima rack to free up the mid and front panels that would be ideal.
Have you looked at the Yakima Lock n Load rack? No screws needed. Any Yakima product will attach.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which direction are they going? Need them to head SE, I’m currently in NoVA. Can anyone wrangle them Broncos in that direction?
Broncos run wild. Only Wranglers get wrangled. :D
Sponsored