Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's so convoluted and overdone imo.
Black Diamond should be the Base trim
Big Bend shouldn't exist
OBX and Badlands should be packages not trim levels
Wildtrak is good as an equivalent to a Lariat trim

It could be so much better without sacrificing profits or options
The base trim is a good idea for people that want to make the perfect bronco they want useing the aftermarket options.
Giveing people choice is a good thing just becuase it does not suite everbody does not make it a bad idea.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, not sure what gave you the idea I don't want the things Ford offers in the higher trims. My point is that they sell the modularity of the Bronco as a major perk but after considering all the compatibility constraints, it's barely more customizable than any other vehicle. It could be much better.
I think you are confusing the term modularity with availability of factory options. To keep the production costs in check, Ford chose to offer trim levels based on what its market research indicated a broad spectrum of buyers may want and the few bundled option packages to top off a prospective buyers desired configuration. I think the modularity comes in the chassis design where the doors and roof are removeable an can be replaced with aftermarket items if desired. All four fenders unbolt and the grille is easily removed, which leads to unlimited customization of the body. The bumper integration design allows for easy adaptation of a multitude of bumper designs tailored for specific uses. Under armor plates will be developed by the aftermarket based on a common mounting-point system. Auxiliary switches are offered to customize the Bronco with lighting and other electrical devices as the owner sees fit and to tailor the vehicle to his needs.

I think it is a great platform with base levels of content at various price points to let owners customize as they see fit. For me it was easy to find a trim level (BD) and option packages best suited to my taste and purpose of use.

Last edited:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally prefer the look of steel wheels. They look like work boots v the dress shoe look of fancy alloy wheels. I will consider getting a set of wheels and tires though as it is the best way to customize the Bronco without actually altering it.
Steel wheels do have advantages. Stronger, lug bolts less likely to loosen and less likely to leak air. Not a fan of silver, wish they were black.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Steel wheels do have advantages. Stronger, lug bolts less likely to loosen and less likely to leak air. Not a fan of silver, wish they were black.
Steel wheels can be pounded back into shape and welded too if you happen to be a real overlander traveling in Africa, Mongolia or South America and a Discount Tire is inconvenient.

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're the exception, not the rule. Most people will upgrade beyond the base, it's just there for marketing purposes.
Turns out that you are the exception, not the rule...

Fun fact: FORD CREDIT believes that people will demand the BASE model (as a used vehicle) more than any other trim. It has the highest 24/36/39/48 month residual value %.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just COPY+PASTE them into the text box.
You guys go search the internet for gifs? Are you on a laptop or something? They’re built into my iPhones keypad when I type, easily search, copy and paste them.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My only complaint about the Base build is no tow package and the 16” rims.
Both easily fixed by the dealer.
Base Camp!!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow,those wheels look freakishly tiny in the wheel wells!!!
I am offering you a challenge. Pay attention to the next 10 sets of wheels in the wheel wells for F-150 that you see in the wild. I bet HALF of them would be "freakishly tiny". We pay attention to Broncos in a way that average people don't.

Last edited:

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turns out that you are the exception, not the rule...

Fun fact: FORD CREDIT believes that people will demand the BASE model (as a used vehicle) more than any other trim. It has the highest 24/36/39/48 month residual value %.
It's not uncommon for a base trim with no options to have a high residual value, options and accessories almost always have diminished returns when it comes to residual value. Saying customers will 'demand' a base Bronco more often is a stretch when that's not the case with any other truck or SUV on the market.

Sponsored

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My only complaint about the Base build is no tow package and the 16” rims.
Both easily fixed by the dealer.
Base Camp!!
And no rear locker without getting Sasquatch.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What ultimately pushed you to BD? I’ve got the same delimma but I’m leaning Base.
My Jeep has bare flooring and vinyl seats, all summer the top and doors are off it, there is a Bimini top I use just for rain. So if its parked and a rain shower comes along nothing get ruined or nasty. Also sand from the beach or mud from the trails can be easily washed out. I plan to use my Bronco like the Jeep so the Vinyl seats and wash out interior is a huge plus for me. I also like the idea of the rear locker so I do not have to bother adding it myself and the Advance Transfer Case will be nice to have a better crawl ratio when I take it to the trails.
Sponsored