First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The photoshop references were from a conversation that came up when a similar photo was posted a while back. Someone saying he was an expert in graphic arts called out the photo as manipulated due to what he thought was an anomaly that turned out to be a crack in the windshield of the person taking the pic. It's become semi-famous because of that. šŸ˜„
Ah - gotcha, makes sense now. I have better things to do with my time, and my photoshop skills are more akin to Microsoft Paint anyway!
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Spotted Bronco conducting towing / trailering test in MI 2021 Bronco trailering towing trailer 4

As a person that will be pulling a boat (approximately 3000lbs wet)or single axle utility/ATV trailer pretty regularly, this picture actually puts my mind at ease. If that trailer is 3000lbs. as stated by someone in this thread, judging by the placement of the axles, there's a good bit of tongue weight on that Bronco, probably more than I am currently putting on my F-150 with my boat. And it's not squatted bad at all IMO.

OP
OP

Jseptor

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Spotted Bronco conducting towing / trailering test in MI 2021 Bronco trailering towing trailer 4

As a person that will be pulling a boat (approximately 3000lbs wet)or single axle utility/ATV trailer pretty regularly, this picture actually puts my mind at ease. If that trailer is 3000lbs. as stated by someone in this thread, judging by the placement of the axles, there's a good bit of tongue weight on that Bronco, probably more than I am currently putting on my F-150 with my boat. And it's not squatted bad at all IMO.
Agreed - did seem to have a little bit of bounce though that isn't super evident in the pics. I could tell pulling around it that it was definitely squatting but agree with you that's gotta have some decent tongue weight.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m hauling my mini
If you don't get matching steelies for your Bronco you are missing a great opportunity! Love this camper!

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many people are planning on going with Ford's towing package vs aftermarket? There isn't any benefit for Ford's aside from them installing it right? Also there isn't anything like a trans cooler or extra cooling included right? Just the wiring and hitch.

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my Broncos with the tow package just because I've always liked using the rear hitch as a recovery point and definitely have a use for towing a small trailer with quads/dirtbikes and miscellaneous ranch equipment.
I recently removed it from my build as I'd like to have a lower loan price and figured it'd be easy to add later at the dealer or on my own. Only real thing I have to tow right now is a small boat but that might not even need to be moved for some time.

Is there any disadvantage to using the tow hook on the back for recovery over a hitch?

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So i have a 2018 Tacoma SR 4 cylinder and i am thinking about trading it in for a Bronco Big Bend 2.7 and i want to know if its a good idea to trade it in now or wait till next gen? Is the 2.7/10 speed a good engine/trans combo?! I always hear about first gen issues and dont want to go through that lol
itā€™s a great set up. Go drive a F150 with the same set up and while you are at it you can also drive a Ranger with the 2.3/10 speed as well.

Basetaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
itā€™s a great set up. Go drive a F150 with the same set up and while you are at it you can also drive a Ranger with the 2.3/10 speed as well.
You right. Might go this weekend, thanks!

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Best pics I could get from the car.

Those black steelies look great! I was going to go Sasquatch, but I think Iā€™m just gonna put 33ā€ MT tires on those steelies instead. With the way gas prices are going, thereā€™s no reason for me to have 35s on my Bronco. šŸ¤£

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm curious, 8 pages in, did you guys figure out how the towing/trailering test went?

Or was this simply a case of someone needed to get this trailer from one place to another? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

MarcusMaximus

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Lexus NX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah - gotcha, makes sense now. I have better things to do with my time, and my photoshop skills are more akin to Microsoft Paint anyway!
Yea, it was no offense meant towards you. It's been a running joke ever since that graphics expert posted here.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it's a blanket rating across all of the models, regardless of wheelbase or suspension considering it the maximum that the least capable Bronco can handle. Which is probably something like a 4 cylinder Squatch.

If you want to see that tow rating change just wait for the first Jeep ad to come out that points out the towing capacity difference... :LOL:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to link Mars Gas in Pittsfield, MA.
Born and raised in NJ, here's my Mars. I grew up 20 minutes away and my sister lives about 5 blocks away from the plant. Ah, the smell of chocolate in the air...
Sponsored