First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not even close to the same vehicle as a ranger underneath. They share a platform but the actual frames and suspension is unique. No way a ranger can travel off-road at the same speeds as the bronco. Suspension in the truck is designed to haul stuff. The bronco is set up for max off road capability. More articulation and spring rates that are not overly stiff like a truck has that’s designed to haul a large payload.
I suppose we will see when we get a ranger raptor. Anyone have the numbers on what a raptor sets the f150s standard towing back? Could in theory expect the same of the squatch broncos. Maybe BB and OB will be rated higher while the others will be less?
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many buyers are planning to tow with their Broncos?
I kinda want to pick up a little 18 foot R-pod to hit the woods with.... Loaded it should be around 3200. Haha eff

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We all know that the Bronco isn't a tow monster. But, they aren't designed to be. That's why Ford makes trucks. :)
This js true, modern trucks tow ridiculous amounts. How do you define "tow monster" though? Is it anything over the 3500lbs that Ford has currently set for the Bronco?

The tow capacity sucks but I guess it’s a trade off to be able to do 70mph off road without even white knuckling it.
You can in a BL as KOH showed us (and undoubtedly in a WT as well), but do you think that a BB, OBX, or BD without the upgraded suspension can do just as well?

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Marksaye

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner and Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so..First Edition 4 doors are still assed out and can’t even get a stupid tow hitch.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks familiar. Have we seen this before? Where’s the snow?

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am, actually, and thankfully, I'm right under the limit of 3500. My track car on a tow dolly should work just fine.

To be fair tho, it's lame that the Ranger gets 7500 lbs (given that it's *mostly* the same vehicle underneath). Hell, my wife's Subaru Ascent can actually tow a popup, and the Bronco can't. *sigh*
With the 4 or 6 cylinder, 3500 is max yet Ranger with the 4 cyl is 7500?! Why is bronco so much less? Is the bronco suspension the limiting factor? Any idea? Anyone?

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am, actually, and thankfully, I'm right under the limit of 3500. My track car on a tow dolly should work just fine.

To be fair tho, it's lame that the Ranger gets 7500 lbs (given that it's *mostly* the same vehicle underneath). Hell, my wife's Subaru Ascent can actually tow a popup, and the Bronco can't. *sigh*
Sorry, but the only thing underneath close to the same is the FRAME.

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I know it's rated for 3,500 lbs (4door) of towing on the road but what do you think would be the max weight it can pull over a very short distance? As in if you saw a full-size truck in a ditch in a snowstorm should you attempt to pull them out?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I know it's rated for 3,500 lbs (4door) of towing on the road but what do you think would be the max weight it can pull over a very short distance? As in if you saw a full-size truck in a ditch in a snowstorm should you attempt to pull them out?
Nope. They can call AAA. I’m not risk ruining my Bronco due to stupidity of others.

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the 4 or 6 cylinder, 3500 is max yet Ranger with the 4 cyl is 7500?! Why is bronco so much less? Is the bronco suspension the limiting factor? Any idea? Anyone?
I think some of it has to do with suspension (leaf vs coilovers)like you said but also with the wheel base. A longer Ranger will be a lot more stable towing a heavy load than a short Bronco

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks familiar. Have we seen this before? Where’s the snow?
Exactly the first thought I had when I saw the pics as well - this has been posted before. I think that’s a pre-production test mule.
Sponsored