Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry. I have missed the details on this one. Would someone mind explaining to me what the deal is with the Warthog? Is it supposed to be a larger version of the new Bronco?
Wondering the same

I'm guessing its a dune buggy tuned Bronco with a v8 engine, and you can play halo on its 15 inch screen.
But I'm just talking out my ass at this point

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess to say that is a false photo. Ford is
Something that is completely missed/ignored in every new thread about the warthog...this unit doesn't have the standard bronco rear end...this is a larger variant of the dana rear-end under the standard bronco, wider diff cover with ribs on the driver side...no it's not the Ranger Raptor rear either, it uses a drop out center section with the Watts linkage.

Brian
I'm sure it is just a shadow but it looks like the diff drain bolt is missing.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something that is completely missed/ignored in every new thread about the warthog...this unit doesn't have the standard bronco rear end...this is a larger variant of the dana rear-end under the standard bronco, wider diff cover with ribs on the driver side...no it's not the Ranger Raptor rear either, it uses a drop out center section with the Watts linkage.
The rear end photo has a Panhard bar and a removable diff cover.

I'd really like to know if there's going to be a model with 35 spline axles, more travel etc. That would be worth a good premium....

Sponsored

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a little salty because I’ve always wanted a Raptor but the thing is massive to park on the street and trail. Don’t even get me started on our Badlands/ Wildtraks not getting the Fox Live Valves.

However I might be ok with not getting the Warthog for this logic

Mustang GT350= badlands/ wildtrak Bronco

GT500= Warthog Bronco

I’m sure what we’re getting in the current offerings is MORE than enough to tackle our adventures but the Warthog might be overkill. Who knows we can always trade our Gen1’s later and see how the PHEV tech shakes out in the long term in future Warthogs

eb-nutt

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 f150 fx4, 2 79 broncos, 69 & 75 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The rear end photo has a Panhard bar and a removable diff cover.

I'd really like to know if there's going to be a model with 35 spline axles, more travel etc. That would be worth a good premium....
The standard/squash rear diff is dana 44 size, this rear-end under the warthog is noticeably wider(diff cover), has more mounting bolts securing the diff cover and has strengthening ribs on the left side...bigger rear axle usually comes with stronger axles...more suspension travel will be in the warthog pkg

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our photographer just spotted another prototype for the Bronco Warthog, this time with some extra confirmation of its name -- having a camouflage panel with "Warthog shock cover" actually written on it by Ford engineers.

We've been reporting on the Warthog name for a while now and Ford officially trademarked the Warthog name in September, but we now have our first real-world evidence of the Warthog name directly tied to the high-performance Bronco variant.

The Bronco Warthog prototype is once again running on the 35-inch tires sized the same as the Sasquatch-spec Broncos, but running on BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain T/A rubber.

BroncoWarthog.id02.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m01.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m02.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m03.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m04.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m05.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m06.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m07.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m08.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.id01.Raptor-Version-Bronco6G.jpg
They also called the 03/04 Cobra’s terminators and 11+ 5.0 motors coyotes so I’ll wait and see on the final result.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They also called the 03/04 Cobra’s terminators and 11+ 5.0 motors coyotes so I’ll wait and see on the final result.
And the Roush supercharger for the Coyote was called the Mongoose, and then the next generation was the Jackal. The terminator superchargers are no fun and just referred to as Terminators.

EDIT: Not really relevant, but I think it goes to show stuff gets named to make it sound cool. I am sure some people didn't like the name Raptor when the truck first came out.

BunkieDuster69

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 3.6 OB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard/squash rear diff is dana 44 size, this rear-end under the warthog is noticeably wider(diff cover), has more mounting bolts securing the diff cover and has strengthening ribs on the left side...bigger rear axle usually comes with stronger axles...more suspension travel will be in the warthog pkg
Photos show a panhard Stabilizer bar at the rear diff (as pointed out by ekim) ... I anticipate Ford will utilize a Watts linkage stabilizer on a future raptor/warthog trim.

Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Brian
Can you, or anyone else, tell if they are using F 150 bolt pattern as opposed to smaller Ranger? lug nut pattern?