Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will the running board take care of that?
Check it out for yourself on the Cyber Orange OBX pictured. It includes the running board, but for me they are still too exposed. Your standards may vary. I'm taking the recommendation of the RKR Rails as a nice clean solution to cover the unfinished look.

Sorry, I just noticed that you are in the Big Bend trim level. The BB doesn't have a running board/step rail. The factory supplied rail on the OBX still leaves the pinch welds naked and exposed. The BB doesn't include the rock rails that are on the Black Diamond and above so we are just left with a naked, unfinished look. The RKR Rails provide a clean finished look.
Sponsored

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THANK YOU for posting these! I actually saw them when they passed through Howell, MI on I-96. I *might* have screamed with joy.

Last edited:

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone reported if the OBX fender flares are the same material as the regular black ones or maybe a more rigid urethane ?
Yes. I saw it reported on he news. It was under the headlines of “who the fuck know that’s going on with the 2021 bronco” report. Back to you Peter Jennings

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am pretty sure the roof, fenders and handles have always been the same.
Not true. Bronco Chicken posted pics of early MIC tops....he found 2 in a hotel parking lot...one definitely grey...and another Black as the Ace of Spades. Both pre-pro obviously, and many we see pictured look different because they ARE different

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Don't need the step system, but the RKR Rails are perfect.
I'd be fine without them myself, but, that's one compromise I had to make. I'll have to get the steps so my Wife can get into the vehicle a little more easily since I'm going with a Sasquatch'd Bronco. *laughs*

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the pictures!

I don't know if "dated" is the right word for Rapid Red but I'm just not a fan...

Obx means...? Outer banks? What's the x for?
Its a localism on the Outer Banks. Short hand and a term in common usage. The X has no literal meaning but it has linguistic relevance. Good marketing too.

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So.. The X is an S? I'm not cool like you guys lol. So OBX is just Outer Banks trim then?
same lol it never made sense to me

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree. For those of us on the BB trim, the absence of the Rock Rails really leaves the rocker panels "naked".
With the 200+ plus accessories that Ford is promising for our Broncos I have a feeling they left rocker panels “Naked” for that very reason.

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone knows what ever happen to b/p???suppose 2 b on the ford web site today...

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is exactly what I'm looking for. Don't need the step system, but the RKR Rails are perfect.
I'm new to all of this. So it doesn't show that RKR Rails support vehicle weight. Did I miss something? So these are not rock rails, just for looks and you can add steps to?

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
anyone knows what ever happen to b/p???suppose 2 b on the ford web site today...
where did you hear that it was supposed to be there? I must have missed something

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this seriously a complaint? If you don't like the soft top pay extra for the hardtop. It's gonna cost the same regardless. If it was standard hard top it would be reflected in the base msrp. Nothing is free.

Lots of people love the soft top and are happy they don't have to pay extra for a hard top they don't want.
Lot of people don’t like soft top as standard. I’m in the Northeast, and I don’t want it. To offer it standard in two door and soft in four door is odd. They should let you choose with no price discrepancy. If it’s a modular or something special, sure, charge extra. But forcing people to buy a hard top on four door when it’s standard on a two door just seems like a money grab.

edit:I meant the two door standard being hard top

Last edited:

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't hate the grey top by itself but I really hate the fact it doesn't match the pillars and handles. Hoping they're still working on that design flaw and giving us good options in the B&P
Pillar is black gloss blending with the tinted windows.
Handles might look different due to angle of light difference between fenders/top/handles/mudflaps
Sponsored