Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great. Now I am liking the OBX again
Also, I'm convinced this forum has complained so much about the carbonized gray top, that Ford went ahead and just changed the black fenders to carbonized gray instead. (the black door handles and pillar don't seem to match either of the fenders or top now)

65F1FBDA-07B8-4C9A-81EB-24C840001D30.jpeg
It looks like every part was sent to a different vendor with the only requirement to make them gray and each chose their own shade.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check it out for yourself on the Cyber Orange OBX pictured. It includes the running board, but for me they are still too exposed. Your standards may vary. I'm taking the recommendation of the RKR Rails as a nice clean solution to cover the unfinished look.

Sorry, I just noticed that you are in the Big Bend trim level. The BB doesn't have a running board/step rail. The factory supplied rail on the OBX still leaves the pinch welds naked and exposed. The BB doesn't include the rock rails that are on the Black Diamond and above so we are just left with a naked, unfinished look. The RKR Rails provide a clean finished look.
At the distance I'll be looking from, I won't be able to see those holes. Also, mine is black, so they'll pretty near invisible from any distance.
If they're really that much of a concern, something like J B Weld and a little touch up paint will make them go away.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lot of people don’t like soft top as standard. I’m in the Northeast, and I don’t want it. To offer it standard in two door and soft in four door is odd. They should let you choose with no price discrepancy. If it’s a modular or something special, sure, charge extra. But forcing people to buy a hard top on four door when it’s standard on a two door just seems like a money grab.

edit:I meant the two door standard being hard top
I'm in the Southwest and don't want it. Way too hot.

Sponsored

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Check it out for yourself on the Cyber Orange OBX pictured. It includes the running board, but for me they are still too exposed. Your standards may vary. I'm taking the recommendation of the RKR Rails as a nice clean solution to cover the unfinished look.

Sorry, I just noticed that you are in the Big Bend trim level. The BB doesn't have a running board/step rail. The factory supplied rail on the OBX still leaves the pinch welds naked and exposed. The BB doesn't include the rock rails that are on the Black Diamond and above so we are just left with a naked, unfinished look. The RKR Rails provide a clean finished look.
The powder coated tube steps are an option for BB.

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fitment of these hard tops is awful . The lines do not even line up. I don’t see any drip rails so water Is going To run off these big round sides.

82155DAD-F6B3-4C5B-85D7-B6FF799D0C56.jpeg

1CADBEB9-DF9F-4E4D-99EA-30A204072119.jpeg

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spotted by Codie Sarll on the road to Michigan.

Video:

Photos:​

Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life.jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life 1.jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life 2.jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life 3.jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life 3.jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life 4.jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life5 .jpg
Cyber Orange Outer Banks 2021 Bronco on the road in real life 6.jpg
Rapid Red Big Bend 2021 Bronco on the road in the wild real life 1.jpg
Rapid Red Big Bend 2021 Bronco on the road in the wild real life 2.jpg
Rapid Red Big Bend 2021 Bronco on the road in the wild real life 3.jpg
Rapid Red Big Bend 2021 Bronco on the road in the wild real life 4.jpg
Well, I wanted the Cyber Orange, but the more I see it, the less I like it. Thinking now one of the reds. My last truck was dark red, so maybe stick with that.
Why you making them pass on the right? I do appreciate the pics and video. Thank you.

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if you are buying the 4-dr. Those who are getting a 2-dr receive the AlreadySunFaded MIC top with the modular top as an option. We don't get the option for a saggy soft top.
Already sun faded..... Made me spit my tea on myself. Thanks for the laugh.

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is exactly what I'm looking for. Don't need the step system, but the RKR Rails are perfect.
I'm handicappable, so I need steps, but I also will be using this in the field as a hunting rig, so I need rock rails. Depending on what I see, I may get regular rails and have a local shop weld on some steps that the uprights are thick steel cable so when I do rub something, they flex and return (unless I really rub something hard).

Sponsored

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! The opposite is true for me, though I'll likely see if I can live with the soft top. I've never had one but I live in Texas. I'll have 0% patience with it if it releases my cold air because I'm a delicate little princess these days and I like it like 70 degrees at all times if possible.
Princess...... At least you said it. I want the hard top to mostly keep my heat in here in Alaska. I won't say I'm a princess..... but I am bitchy when I get cold.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Princess...... At least you said it. I want the hard top to mostly keep my heat in here in Alaska. I won't say I'm a princess..... but I am bitchy when I get cold.
I'm done my time in the brutal heat and the cold. I plan on staying comfortable now when I can. No shame!

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally, the question that really needed asking! Left lane if you’re passing, right lane if you’re not!!!
... looked like the passenger was the one getting the pics/video (in portrait ... not landscape).

From that position it would seem that the passenger would have the easier task of getting the footage if their quarry was on their side and in their cross hairs.

Also safer with the driver hands on the wheel.

Though I do agree (as taught to me) the rules of the road slow driving in the right lane, and (a lead footer myself) fast driving on the left.

:cool:(y)
Sponsored