Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why Doesn't Ford contract Bestop to crank out a shitload of 2D soft tops?
Wouldn't surprise me if they were already in talks with Bestop.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't surprise me if they were already in talks with Bestop.
I am sure that have, with how many tops we have already seen on vehicles, but they likely have capacity constraints as well. We all need to hope Webasto gets straight in the next few weeks. It will help the entire build process.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went Bronco hunting today. Did my usual loop down to the MAP (took some pics and a video), over to Allen Park (empty), and then up to Dearborn. Saw about 5 Broncos on the road and a bunch more gassing up in Dearborn. And the CO Wildtrack always parked in the lot off Military Drive in Dearborn was next to an F150 Raptor so I snapped a few comparison pics. Enjoy!

BCAF7384-086C-4071-A0EB-373930EABB6C.jpeg
I’m so glad I dumped cactus grey for race red. Just look at that red pop!

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Perception is reality:

Ford Bronco SPOTTED: MAP Broncos & 4DR Wildtrak vs F150 Raptor Comparison 1622397777101

The white BB is noticeably smaller than the others that are Squatched, and it is 3" shorter (less tall), 4" narrower and a couple inches shorter (less long, due to spare). Which is all good with me, I want my Bronco to be a compact as possible for trail access, garageability and use as a towed behind a motorhome.

Sponsored

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I would pay the extra for the Bestop soft top and take delivery of my hardtop later to get the Bronco sooner as many have stated. But that would only be the Bestop. The factory soft top isn’t my cup of tea. There are likely lots of reasons this isn’t happening, but 1. They likely don’t have enough harnesses to equip all Broncos with hard top plugs. 2. The suppliers cant build enough soft tops in the available timeframe. Ford wouldn’t want to create another issue trying to fix the existing problem. I am worried the even my June build will end up way late because of the Webasto debacle. Order date definitely matters btw. It’s just so messed up that it distorted everything. I intentionally took off towing and avoided Lux, plus moved my order to a dealer where I was #1 in line (that was not intentional, didn’t know at the time where I would be in their allotted Broncos). Seems like an outside possibility I get it before the late August Detroit “Dream Cruise “ 🤞🏽
How does your order date matter as long as its before the original March 19 cutoff? Builds are being scheduled based off reservation time stamp and than parts availability.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does your order date matter as long as its before the original March 19 cutoff? Builds are being scheduled based off reservation time stamp and than parts availability.
Reservation date, not order date, sorry.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That 4dr squatch is big, alot bigger than I think some realized...have fun getting in without running boards if your short or old. lol

Ford Bronco SPOTTED: MAP Broncos & 4DR Wildtrak vs F150 Raptor Comparison 1622460034148

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let’s hope they get their act together, I still want my Bronco.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those sure are mighty nice soft tops on those 2 doors. Would be neat if Ford... Oh I don't know... OFFERED THEM!!!

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF... Why isn't that soft top an option for my 2dr order? That's what I want regardless!