Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ / Ford F150/ 17 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So going up to to Mason Michigan for national high school trap shoot in early July. Figure if I am driving 5.5 hrs why not an extra hour to to MAP. Don't they have on on display out front I could walk around? and thoughts on if it would be worth the trip by then? Or would it all be empty?

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For newcomers, what does MAP stand for?
MAP = Michigan Assembly Plant = the plant manufacturing our Broncos. Located in Wayne, MI (just outside Detroit).

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thousands?

Maybe a few hundred

Pepemylilmule

Outer Banks
First Name
Coralee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, and Focus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I went out looking for where the Broncos are being stored once they come off the line at MAP. And I hit the jackpot.

First up, the yard in Canton. (just west of the MAP). The yard is associated with a trucking company. There were a bunch of Broncos, mostly 4 doors with soft tops and a few Sasquatch builds. See the videos below. I also took a few pics of the 2 door velocity blue Base since we donā€™t see many bases. And far behind them were hundreds more in the back. And lots of room in between for more.

Then I went over to MAP to see if any Broncos were in the yards there (a few weeks ago there werenā€˜t many) And I stumbled upon a continuous flow of Broncos coming off the line and being driven to a yard on the east side of the plant. Every few minutes another one would come out of the lot and drive half a mile down to the yard. And the yard had hundreds - maybe even a thousand - Broncos accumulating back there. I couldnā€™t get any pics since it was all so dynamic and the cars in the yard were so far back. But in the 20 mins I was hanging around, I saw at least 20 drive by. It was amazing.

Curiously, one of the 4 door soft tops had ā€œRTPā€ and ā€œhard topā€ written on the driverā€˜s window. I assume the soft top will be swapped out for a hard top at some point when available, but does anyone know what RTP means?

Anyone in the Detroit area looking to see Broncos, I highly recommend heading down there. It was such a blast!

EDIT: Guys, I know there aren't thousands of Broncos in the pics and vids I posted. I only took them at the Canton yard. The MAP yards also had seas of Broncos and more coming off the line. This post was meant to convey what I saw, not what I took images of. Just to clarify.

C8C880B7-EAE3-4ABA-A204-F4A7E1CA4E2A.jpeg

CC1E0200-CA7B-47B7-AC1F-318F040850F7.jpeg
41C4525E-FA3F-4B43-942B-11B3918DC229.jpeg
F976D0AC-701A-49B8-B1CC-92BD4958ABA2.jpeg
These all 2021s ? Did t see any eruption green 2022s

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These all 2021s ? Did t see any eruption green 2022s
This was June 9th, 2021, so it would have been all 2021's, and eruption green wasn't confirmed or anything yet.

Builderdad

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I went out looking for where the Broncos are being stored once they come off the line at MAP. And I hit the jackpot.

First up, the yard in Canton. (just west of the MAP). The yard is associated with a trucking company. There were a bunch of Broncos, mostly 4 doors with soft tops and a few Sasquatch builds. See the videos below. I also took a few pics of the 2 door velocity blue Base since we donā€™t see many bases. And far behind them were hundreds more in the back. And lots of room in between for more.

Then I went over to MAP to see if any Broncos were in the yards there (a few weeks ago there werenā€˜t many) And I stumbled upon a continuous flow of Broncos coming off the line and being driven to a yard on the east side of the plant. Every few minutes another one would come out of the lot and drive half a mile down to the yard. And the yard had hundreds - maybe even a thousand - Broncos accumulating back there. I couldnā€™t get any pics since it was all so dynamic and the cars in the yard were so far back. But in the 20 mins I was hanging around, I saw at least 20 drive by. It was amazing.

Curiously, one of the 4 door soft tops had ā€œRTPā€ and ā€œhard topā€ written on the driverā€˜s window. I assume the soft top will be swapped out for a hard top at some point when available, but does anyone know what RTP means?

Anyone in the Detroit area looking to see Broncos, I highly recommend heading down there. It was such a blast!

EDIT: Guys, I know there aren't thousands of Broncos in the pics and vids I posted. I only took them at the Canton yard. The MAP yards also had seas of Broncos and more coming off the line. This post was meant to convey what I saw, not what I took images of. Just to clarify.

C8C880B7-EAE3-4ABA-A204-F4A7E1CA4E2A.jpeg

CC1E0200-CA7B-47B7-AC1F-318F040850F7.jpeg
41C4525E-FA3F-4B43-942B-11B3918DC229.jpeg
F976D0AC-701A-49B8-B1CC-92BD4958ABA2.jpeg
RTP means Return to Plant. When a vehicle still needs something added to it that lets a driver know at a glance where it's next stop is.
They could just be waiting for a Upfit. Roof rails, brush guard, graphics etc...
Sponsored