First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I were driving back to Phoenix from Albuquerque yesterday (April 25), and just outside the Albuquerque city limits, we came upon (not sexual) a hauler packed with de-badged HUMMER EVs.

While not a HUMMER fan overall (except for that first generation that was basically a street legal version of the military one), I am impressed with the EV, though I’m not sure who is spending $100k+ only to then take the vehicle off-roading and beat the crap out of it.

It’ll look sick as hell at Whole Foods though.

(please excuse the wife’s commentary)

EDIT: Here is a youtube link instead of a download:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool trucks. I'm really curious as to what the environmentalists will think about them.

HummerEV3X

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool trucks. I'm really curious as to what the environmentalists will think about them.
Coming from the HummerChat forums, I can tell you that most people who reserved the Hummer EV are not environmentalists. Kind of surprisingly, they're mostly fans of the old Hummer vehicles, truck guys and girls, Wrangler and Land Cruiser owners, and buyers of the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade triplets. I know a lot of people thought that the fans of the original Hummer brand wouldn't go for an electric, but they did.

Interestingly, it's been the environmentalists that have levied the most hate towards the Hummer EV. You know, the people who preached "go electric or the world DIES" for the last 20 years? Amazingly, their tune changed when their greatest vehicular antichrist trolled them by changing form...and NOW, all of a sudden, they care about the environmental hazards of rare-earth mineral mining!

Crazy, right?

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ehh, I’ll keep my H2. V8, 37s/38s at stock height, and standard locker will get me a long ways without the $80k price tag of an electric toy. Bonus I’ve forwarded brackish water that came all the way over the 37s - would be fearful of that on an electric.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's all very spurious.

More than once I've literally had environmentalists (who were combing the neighborhood for donations) approach me when I was with my '29 Ford Dirt Track Racer and they only wanted to talk about the car and how cool it was.

I knew this Hummer would be popular with the gas boys. It's a damn cool rig. My neighbor is in line to get one. I figured the environmentalists would have trouble deciding where to land. It's electric, but...

Reactions: abe

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack