Spray-in Bed liner

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
What does everyone think of the factory spray in liner vs lineX or Rhino?
Sponsored

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT
What does everyone think of the factory spray in liner vs lineX or Rhino?
Based on F-150 owners' experiences with the factory spray in bedliner, a big complaint is that it doesn't protect between the end of the bed and the tailgate, which is an important area.

LineX applicators do spray that area though.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Based on F-150 owners' experiences with the factory spray in bedliner, a big complaint is that it doesn't protect between the end of the bed and the tailgate, which is an important area.

x2. I ordered mine without the factory spray bedliner because it doesn't cover the end of the box and the bottom of the tailgate. I spray armadillo liners at my place of work so I'll be doing mine with that.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
x2. I ordered mine without the factory spray bedliner because it doesn't cover the end of the box and the bottom of the tailgate. I spray armadillo liners at my place of work so I'll be doing mine with that.
I'm getting mine done locally thru the Ford dealer. They arranged the spray-in on my F-150 and it was a very good job.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Does the Ford warranty cover repairs to the factory spray bedliner if you damage it?

OP
OP
CompDude

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
That pretty much seals the deal.. LineX for our new ranger..

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Does the Ford warranty cover repairs to the factory spray bedliner if you damage it?
Dunno but I do know that Line-X has a lifetime warranty that's honored at Line-X dealers coast to coast (you can go to any Line-X dealer even if not your original installer).

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
What's a ballpark price for a Line-X nowadays (from someone who hasn't driven a pickup for over 10+ years)???

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
On my Colorado, I bought the factory spray in liner but it was done by my local Line-X. The factory did not have the equipment set up when the trucks started rolling off the line.

The price is about $500-$600 depending on your local franchise

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
Mine is $425 for Rhino and lifetime guarantee.

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT

I stand corrected. Looks like Ford is now spraying entire box, including between the end of the bed and tailgate, unlike they used to do. :clap:

Posted by @BlakeRom

20181109_140723-jpg.jpg

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
You cannot see the area in question in that photo. FWIW, when I went to sign the paperwork for my order, the fleet manager walked me out to look at several F-150s on the lot with factory spray-in bed liners. On every one of those F-150s, the spray liner stopped at the end of the bed and did not extend down towards the ground, that area where dirt, rocks and what not always want to try to jam between the bed and the tailgate. That area was nothing but factory paint.

If you look at a Line-X application video, you'll see the area that I am referring to. Its an area they claim fame to in coating.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I had both the Line X on my 2015 F-150 and it was great, the quality and detail was pleasing. I also got the factory spray liner on my 2018 Raptor and it was decent, just didn't feel like a whole lot of detail on the edges but it was good. I would choose the Line X on my ranger, unfortunately where I am now, there aren't any line x dealers.