Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t seen anything mentioned lately about that Sprint Booster that some guy was selling on here. It’s basically a pedal commander type thing, has 18 different throttle lag settings, a valet mode, and an anti-theft setting. Anyway, I know several people purchased them, I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with it.

I had mine on for about 1500 miles with no issues. It actually made a very noticeable difference and I was very happy with it. Then all of the sudden, I started getting all kinds of dash warnings. Powertrain malfunction was the main one. When I took it to the service dept, they thought they needed to replace the whole pedal assembly. After that, I knew what it was. I told them that I had installed the sprint booster and to remove it and see if that helps. They did, and it seems to have solved the problem.

So if you have one installed, and you’re getting several codes popping up and can’t figure out what it is, try removing the sprint booster. If you haven’t had any warnings yet, that’s one thing to check if you ever do. Other people have mentioned the same codes popping up that I had, and their service techs couldn’t always find an answer. If you were thinking about getting one of these, maybe get a pedal commander instead.
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven’t had any issues with it. I’m sure if you wrote to them directly, they would help you out. It came with a 3 year warranty.

OP
OP
mybikeisred

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t had any issues with it. I’m sure if you wrote to them directly, they would help you out. It came with a 3 year warranty.
I wouldn't even know where to contact the guy. Cant remember his name on here or his company. He kind of disappeared.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn't even know where to contact the guy. Cant remember his name on here or his company. He kind of disappeared.
^What he said. The guy on here was just a distributor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mybikeisred

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

^What he said. The guy on here was just a distributor.
I’m not really all that worried about getting a refund or replacement, just thought this info may be useful to other posters now or in the future. And curious if anyone else has had the same problem with the sprint booster.

For the record, when I installed mine, I set it to the highest setting, disconnected the little led display, and tossed it in the glove box. I didn’t care about valet mode or the anti theft setting, and why would I want any setting slower than the fastest setting? I suppose it’s possible that a lower setting might not throw the powertrain code. Also got check 4x4, precollision assist, service engine soon, antilock brakes, probably forgetting some.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven’t installed mine yet but appreciate the data point.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not really all that worried about getting a refund or replacement, just thought this info may be useful to other posters now or in the future. And curious if anyone else has had the same problem with the sprint booster.

For the record, when I installed mine, I set it to the highest setting, disconnected the little led display, and tossed it in the glove box. I didn’t care about valet mode or the anti theft setting, and why would I want any setting slower than the fastest setting? I suppose it’s possible that a lower setting might not throw the powertrain code. Also got check 4x4, precollision assist, service engine soon, antilock brakes, probably forgetting some.
Maybe that’s the issue? I’ve kept my control attached (pretty sure you’re supposed to) and generally keep it on Sport 8 for every day use.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is a poor connection, it will throw all the codes like a Christmas Tree. Check the pins on the SB plug. Could be as simple as one being out of place.

OP
OP
mybikeisred

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe that’s the issue? I’ve kept my control attached (pretty sure you’re supposed to) and generally keep it on Sport 8 for every day use.
I asked that before I bought it. He said you can set it and forget it on any setting.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mybikeisred

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If there is a poor connection, it will throw all the codes like a Christmas Tree. Check the pins on the SB plug. Could be as simple as one being out of place.
That’s not it. It worked fine for two months, was never touched, then got squirrelly.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s not it. It worked fine for two months, was never touched, then got squirrelly.
I had a pedal commander that worked great for months on a Raptor, and it threw a ton of codes. It was a connection issue. I resolved it myself, reconnected, and it never happened again over next 3 years.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I asked that before I bought it. He said you can set it and forget it on any setting.
Interesting. I didn't realize you can do that. Well, keep us in the loop on what you find out. I switch to RACE 2-4 when I need to pass or something (taking my foot off the gas while adjusting) - but, as mentioned above - I wasn't excited about how it reacted off the line at RACE 9 or whatever the highest is. I thought it was more of an issue of big tires and sandy wintery roads. But I have been content with SPORT 8/9 + turning the GOAT to SPORT if I need a little more. It's plenty fast for me for a refrigerator on wheels.

OP
OP
mybikeisred

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. I didn't realize you can do that. Well, keep us in the loop on what you find out. I switch to RACE 2-4 when I need to pass or something (taking my foot off the gas while adjusting) - but, as mentioned above - I wasn't excited about how it reacted off the line at RACE 9 or whatever the highest is. I thought it was more of an issue of big tires and sandy wintery roads. But I have been content with SPORT 8/9 + turning the GOAT to SPORT if I need a little more. It's plenty fast for me for a refrigerator on wheels.
I honestly never tried it on anything other than race 9. I know we’re only talking about fractions of a second between modes, but why would I want any throttle lag at all? It made a very noticeable difference to me, especially in 4L, it’s a little jumpy, but I kinda like it that way, just takes a lighter touch. I definitely don’t want to be switching back and forth, and couldn’t care less about the valet mode and the anti theft feature. Also don’t want the little controller visible anywhere on my dash, so that lives in the glove box. It’s easy enough to plug it in if I ever did want to change it. Dude on here said it’s fine to use it that

I emailed the link that saltlife posted. Someone responded today and asked to set up a time for a phone call tomorrow to explain some of the technical stuff.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I honestly never tried it on anything other than race 9. I know we’re only talking about fractions of a second between modes, but why would I want any throttle lag at all? It made a very noticeable difference to me, especially in 4L, it’s a little jumpy, but I kinda like it that way, just takes a lighter touch. I definitely don’t want to be switching back and forth, and couldn’t care less about the valet mode and the anti theft feature. Also don’t want the little controller visible anywhere on my dash, so that lives in the glove box. It’s easy enough to plug it in if I ever did want to change it. Dude on here said it’s fine to use it that

I emailed the link that saltlife posted. Someone responded today and asked to set up a time for a phone call tomorrow to explain some of the technical stuff.
Please report back.

I’m kinda in the same boat. I don’t really change it much. But, it’s nice to turn it off on the trail. I didn’t realize you can remove the control and stash it. I should mention - I also have the Panda tune. So, maybe that’s why Sport 8 has felt sufficient.

It doesn’t bother me too much sitting on the dash - I have it just to the right of the wheel - enough that I can see the setting through one of the holes. It’s inconspicuous enough.
Sponsored