First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to do one or the other for my 2.3 BL MT. Like many have said, the 2.3 has ample power but with the MT I feel like I am not getting off the line fast enough. Keep in mind I am still breaking it in so not really getting above 3k RPMs. My question to the group is, do I go the less expensive route which does not gain anything other than seat of the pants butt dyno performance or pay the extra for real HP/TQ? In all likeliness I wont go any higher than maps 1 or 2 for the JB4. Does anyone know what the gains for those two maps would be?

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2.3 and went with Pedal Commander. Easy install and it is zippy. Gets off the line fast and more responsive. Honestly, it's a 2.3L ecoboost Bronco and not a sports car. So until Raptors become more accessible and cheaper... this works really well for me. Fakes the idea of more HP but really just quicker off the line. And they have sales all the time so for a couple hundred bucks, I feel faster with minimal effort of installation.

OP
OP

mul1gan

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had it in my Ram 1500 and loved it.. Seat of the pants butt dyno performance. I just don't like people tailgating me at stop lights or when i'm merging onto the highway :)

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had it in my Ram 1500 and loved it.. Seat of the pants butt dyno performance. I just don't like people tailgating me at stop lights or when i'm merging onto the highway :)
I have the MT as well and installed the Sprint Booster two months ago, very shortly after I got my truck. I love it, it is very noticeable when I have it off v.s. on. I also use the pedal lock feature five days a week when I park downtown for work. Gives me an added sense of protection.

OP
OP

mul1gan

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pedal lock must be a new feature as I did not have that in my Ram 1500.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to do one or the other for my 2.3 BL MT. Like many have said, the 2.3 has ample power but with the MT I feel like I am not getting off the line fast enough. Keep in mind I am still breaking it in so not really getting above 3k RPMs. My question to the group is, do I go the less expensive route which does not gain anything other than seat of the pants butt dyno performance or pay the extra for real HP/TQ? In all likeliness I wont go any higher than maps 1 or 2 for the JB4. Does anyone know what the gains for those two maps would be?

thanks in advance.
Sport Mode does wonders

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed a pedal commander on my 2.3 MT and made a huge difference with get offs and turbo lag. Also considering the piggy back tuner from AFe 30 hp gaIN for little cost. Check out the Motors video on the Afe scorcher.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My vote goes for the JB4 unit. Such a great product that performs like it's advertised and the phone app makes it that much better. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you guys with.
Sponsored