Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With all these complaints about no sfa or off road capable I'm beginning to wonder what the hell you guys consider off road? Climbing straight cliffs or something? Seriously, stick with your Jeeps if you need the SFA. My thought here is half the people are in this for what it is.... A Bronco! If it can handle snow and the occasional mud then I'm in, because I want a Bronco. Not a Jeep, not a 4runner.

And like KC said, make sure it can tackle Wife Mountain! No one wants dents or scratches in their wheels!

Lastly, can anyone tell me what side filler door is? If it ain't the left.... I'm OUT!!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm out if I can't get a 2dr with a stick and there's no way to go topless

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With all these complaints about no sfa or off road capable I'm beginning to wonder what the hell you guys consider off road? Climbing straight cliffs or something? Seriously, stick with your Jeeps if you need the SFA. My thought here is half the people are in this for what it is.... A Bronco! If it can handle snow and the occasional mud then I'm in, because I want a Bronco. Not a Jeep, not a 4runner.

And like KC said, make sure it can tackle Wife Mountain! No one wants dents or scratches in their wheels!

Lastly, can anyone tell me what side filler door is? If it ain't the left.... I'm OUT!!
In addition to the fact that this is supposed to be an off-road vehicle first, Ford has built a 4dr, 112” wheelbase, 4wd, Ranger based vehicle for many years called the Everest and the Endeavor. WE were told the Bronco would be more hardcore.

Sponsored

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excited to see these prototypes running around! Disappointed to not see a SFA (Ford needs that to really compete with the Wranger off road fans and one major selling point with me), but I'm sure they will still sell tons of them with IFS anyways. If we're lucky, maybe they're saving that surprise until the official reveal. An IFS Bronco will fill that gap between a Wrangler and a 4Runner.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The problem is, the escape, explorer, edge, flex, and expedition all can handle snow and the occasional mud... If Ford wants to compete with itself or the hundreds of other crossovers and sport utilities that can handle those things, great, it looks like that's what they're doing... and the wrangler's market share won't be affected at all.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I like 4Runners, they are long in the tooth and I would be very surprised if there's not at least one Bronco variant more off-road worthy than the TRD Pro.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember though, Ford gave us the Raptor when no one else even thought of it

They gave us Hot hatches when Fca and Government Motors gave up post bailout on fun fwd tuners

They kept the Mustang alive while Government Motors killed off the Camaro/Firebird and Chrysler was just MIA

Got faith in them, sure they got something up their sleeves

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the interior pic, you can tell it doesn't have a top on it, that rear window is only in the vinyl cover up. The reflection is ruining a lot of the roll cage.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! br int
Oh snap, now I see it

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recall getting flamed for comparing the Bronco to the Everest before these spy shots and information was leaked, and folks laughing at how dare you compare them....https://youtu.be/ITaC00Zz9lg

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So far, all that this is is another 4runner or Everest. Which I cannot run the my hunting trails in my 4runner, or the FILs Taco or BILs Frontier.

It doesn't have to be an absolute beast off the floor, but it needs to be capable. And from what we have seen so far, this is not, and cannot be easily modded to be capable. I am really hoping that there are some significant improvements coming. But if it remains as is, we'll possibly replace our 4runner with one, but I won't be getting a 2dr to play with.

and if you have to spend 50-55k to get a remotely capable version, and the 30k version can only ever be used for a mommy mobile and mall crawler and cannot handle lifts or tires (which what we have seen so far is the case), then you cannot even remotely compete with Jeep. It will get fucking crushed. Literally and figuratively. The Jeeps that sell Jeeps are the hardcore crawlers, the hardcore mudders, the hardcore off-roaders and builders who use it. and many of those start with the 25-30k sport and use the rest of that money for the axle swaps and engine swaps and 4-links and exo's and shit. You aren't dropping that extra 30-40k on top of the 50k model if you are serious. (yes, the aftermarket companies will, the mall crawlers will, but not the ones using the Jeeps and Broncos).

I just want to see that we are going to get SOMETHING better than a damn 4runner. Better than Chevy's new blazer. So far, we have seen no such thing. Chrispy keeps alluding to it, but those of us who are the buyers have not seen anything to that effect, even a hint.