Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem is, the escape, explorer, edge, flex, and expedition all can handle snow and the occasional mud... If Ford wants to compete with itself or the hundreds of other crossovers and sport utilities that can handle those things, great, it looks like that's what they're doing... and the wrangler's market share won't be affected at all.
Did it occur to you that the vast majority of Wrangler buyers don't buy them for their off road capability? Ford's targeting those that want a more civilized Wrangler. And they've said they're not directly targeting Wrangler. That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of options for better offroading.
Sponsored

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did it occur to you that the vast majority of Wrangler buyers don't buy them for their off road capability? Ford's targeting those that want a more civilized Wrangler. And they've said they're not directly targeting Wrangler. That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of options for better offroading.
Yeah, they don't, but what's important is the image that they COULD.

Plus we're all a bunch of enthusiasts here, so don't be surprised to hear enthusiast opinions.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems most people on here are hypocritical in their stance that if the Bronco were built like a Wrangler most people would never use the Off-road capability but yet they want a vehicle that simply LOOKS more capable.
You guys still calling the Wrangler crowd Mallcrawlers and posers? Lol
How’s a set of Fox Shocks and 33’s going to turn this Bronco into something different.

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems most people on here are hypocritical in their stance that if the Bronco were built like a Wrangler most people would never use the Off-road capability but yet they want a vehicle that simply LOOKS more capable.
You guys still calling the Wrangler crowd Mallcrawlers and posers? Lol
How’s a set of Fox Shocks and 33’s going to turn this Bronco into something different.
You seem to be conflating different groups on this forum, and throwing them all in the same pot.

The general sentiment I see and share is that an alternative to the Wrangler would be damn nice.

Especially if that means better fuel economy and more storage in the 2dr compared to the Wrangler...

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You seem to be conflating different groups on this forum, and throwing them all in the same pot.

The general sentiment I see and share is that an alternative to the Wrangler would be damn nice.

Especially if that means better fuel economy and more storage in the 2dr compared to the Wrangler...
Nope 2 groups.
Enthusiasts and
The other group that destroys a mfg’s ability to build a vehicle for enthusiasts.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You’d be a fool to really think the off road capability is all that sells Jeeps... the removable top pulls more appeal for the 99% than the ability to drive over a couple rocks

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the general consensus is that something that has a lot of overlap with the wrangler in capability and features, maybe with some different strengths and weaknesses, would overall be an awesome product. Especially with Ford’s recent powertrain options and styling. Add the legacy of the Bronco, the raptor off-road trim, aftermarket parts and we’ve got a wrangler fighter.

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What I see here is Zero Ground Clearance
Ditto.
oh, and that trailing arm location for the rear axle is fricking horrible.
Not as bad as those lower shock mounts. Things hanging down as low as the bottom edge of rim.
No rear sway bar? Lower front A-arms don't look any longer than whats on my Fusion.
No duals, so no V-6.

Have to assume this is really a base version

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems like all the good SUV’s get killed because everybody doesn’t want a Wrangler :cwl:
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579642790430

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You’d be a fool to really think the off road capability is all that sells Jeeps... the removable top pulls more appeal for the 99% than the ability to drive over a couple rocks
It's the top, the look, and the relatively small size that sells the most, I would think. People love them based on that.

But then they drive it until it's no longer upside-down on the loan and then they bail because it's a garbage car to daily drive.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t know why people are expecting good ground clearance with 255/70r17 tires?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t know why people are expecting good ground clearance with 255/70r17 tires?
It's not the tires, it's that shock/strut mount that hangs lower than any I've ever seen.
It's not even geared towards light trail running. Getting in even minor
dirt rut and that boat anchor mount is going to stop you cold.

MikeWVU

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 04 wrx
Dims people, how about length sized up to Wrangler. While 4dr Wrangler is 4 in longer wheelbase, curious to see how the body sizes up.

Maybe even width?