Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1579703849262.png

Things I'm noticing. what are the marks on the frame here?
Is that a locker setup on the rear?
Where are the rear 1/4's?
Still a prototype, they're making notes and adjustments before the final version is ready
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still a prototype, they're making notes and adjustments before the final version is ready
I noticed the axle seems low in the frame, if it can fit the IFS diff, it can fit a solid axle there too. obviously that would be at full compression. but looking at the angle of the lower control arms, it has plenty of room to lift the 2-3 inches it would need to have a SFA and still be reasonable to daily drive.
Think I answered the question on the lines, answers the no sway-bar. That line leads to both coil overs. So that would tell me there is a menu with a selection to chose how stiff you want the anti roll. *tow mode*-stiff, *highway speeds*- stiff, *off-road* -soft. etc etc. kinda neat if that's how it works.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the axle seems low in the frame, if it can fit the IFS diff, it can fit a solid axle there too. obviously that would be at full compression. but looking at the angle of the lower control arms, it has plenty of room to lift the 2-3 inches it would need to have a SFA and still be reasonable to daily drive.
Think I answered the question on the lines, answers the no sway-bar. That line leads to both coil overs. So that would tell me there is a menu with a selection to chose how stiff you want the anti roll. *tow mode*-stiff, *highway speeds*- stiff, *off-road* -soft. etc etc. kinda neat if that's how it works.
Pimpy

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I also have to say I'm pretty excited if this has coilovers all around from the factory. That's going to make swapping in fancy aftermarket, ride-height adjustable coilovers much easier without needing to worry about stock shock mounts breaking because of the added force.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with you on what the FJ actually was vs what they marketed it as. I wasn’t a fan of the looks but It was their version of a modern day FJ 40. I don’t feel that the removable top made the 40 series any more than I think a removable top made the original Bronco. I don’t care either way about the top.

I know I’m in the minority since I’m looking at the Bronco as a secondary vehicle. No matter what they did with the new Bronco it would never meet all of my needs so I have to have two different vehicles.

While I’d like a SFA, IFS would work for me if it can fit 35’s easily and the cv’s can hold up.
You and me both

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1579703849262.png

Things I'm noticing. what are the marks on the frame here?
Is that a locker setup on the rear?
Where are the rear 1/4's?
There are some excessively long bolts in two if those photos as well. (one within your red circle of the 1st photo & two on the lower shock mount).

As others have mentioned, this is still a prototype.
So who knows, this might just be the next gen Ranger's suspension and not the BroncoBronco's..........

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just don't understand how people think no SFA = inevitable failure. It may not be THE BEST rock crawler, but It's going to be a better all-arounder than any of the competition... the Jeep is too hard, the 4 Runner is too soft, Bronco will be just right. This is what will sell, and this formula, while not exactly ideal for enthusiasts, has been working excellently for Ford with the Mustang. Challenger is too soft, Camaro is too hard. Mustang is just right, and that's why it outsells the other 2 by a healthy margin

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't understand how people think no SFA = inevitable failure. It may not be THE BEST rock crawler, but It's going to be a better all-arounder than any of the competition... the Jeep is too hard, the 4 Runner is too soft, Bronco will be just right. This is what will sell, and this formula, while not exactly ideal for enthusiasts, has been working excellently for Ford with the Mustang. Challenger is too soft, Camaro is too hard. Mustang is just right, and that's why it outsells the other 2 by a healthy margin
Amen!

That said, always loved the Challenger, but if I had to do it all over again, would of gotten my Manual GT.

Again, this is Ford, not Toyota or Nissan

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope your not referring to me. I'm fine with IFS, I know ford will bring something good to the table with how they have engineered it. I was suggesting the frame is designed in such a way. A solid axle could fit relatively easily. With the sly suggestions we have from some insiders, there may be a variant with a solid axle, making the enthusiast very happy. One thing I will say, if that were the case, it could build the off-road cred to give people that warm and fuzzy feeling about buying a go-anywhere do-anything vehicle they get from the jeep. So it would really cut into that market share.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope your not referring to me. I'm fine with IFS, I know ford will bring something good to the table with how they have engineered it. I was suggesting the frame is designed in such a way. A solid axle could fit relatively easily. With the sly suggestions we have from some insiders, there may be a variant with a solid axle, making the enthusiast very happy. One thing I will say, if that were the case, it could build the off-road cred to give people that warm and fuzzy feeling about buying a go-anywhere do-anything vehicle they get from the jeep. So it would really cut into that market share.
Nope, wasn't referring to you. I'm pretty much in the same camp as you, where I'm fine with IFS (and would actually prefer it), but hope that there's an SFA option for the rock crawlers on here. But the people saying that Bronco will be dead in 4 years and so on... yeah, that's just absurd and thoughtless

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go buy an ICON.
As one of the second group, it is not my job to finance your specific needs.
LOL nice response, keep the aftermarket alive. Exactly the reason they exist is because of you. Apparently this needs to be reiterated for you. Other mfg’s have gone up against Jeep with a different blueprint, 1 that focuses on on-road capability by diminishing off-road capability. How did that work out for ALL of them? And the Commander? Not a very logical finance decision.
You’re the same group that want an automatic GT350.
You really want that cool factor but because YOU can’t use the vehicle for what it’s intended for your argument is to soften it up.
You realize with that front suspension setup the only way to get more travel out of it for Off-road purposes is to go wider right? Also those lower arms look very weak.
I agree with everyone that says something suspicious is here, why have a rear end that outperforms the front to the degree it looks like it does.
Go put on your twirly cap, read some more excel sales charts and get out of the garage, the guys are talking about cool car stuff.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, wasn't referring to you. I'm pretty much in the same camp as you, where I'm fine with IFS (and would actually prefer it), but hope that there's an SFA option for the rock crawlers on here. But the people saying that Bronco will be dead in 4 years and so on... yeah, that's just absurd and thoughtless
Even the FJ didn't die in 4 years, and Toyota basically forgot about it after awhile

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And again, Ford brought off-roading to the mainstream who never really thought about it with the Raptor, so they definitely have an Ace up there
Sponsored