Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mmmmmm, correct to a point. Jeep sells on the vague image of off road usability... I say this as in the 65% that buy it as a car that they COULD go anywhere in could also get plenty of use out of a Ranger or something like that, as they see them on the same level of ruggedness. You know what the difference is?

REMOVABLE ROOF

That's what sells the most Jeeps.
If the removable top on an SUV was 'THE' motivating factor, then why doesn't the baby have one too???

If that was 'THE' fun / adventure factor in the equation that Ford thought everyone else missed and not the off road capability, why don't all Bronco badged vehicles get one?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After looking at the photos, and reading through the thread I noticed these two bolts just in front of the coil over mount and this led me to looking at the Ranger Raptor suspension. Being on the T6 platform there are some similarities between the two an interesting comparison at the least.

Anyone know what they use these bolts for? If anything at all, some pictures had acorn nuts, others had nothing like the bronco.

B6G A.png
Ranger Raptor Rear A.png
Ranger Raptor Rear B.png
Ranger Raptor Rear Right ISO.png
Ranger Raptor Front ISO.png

US Ranger just for comparison

US Ranger Rear.png
My assumption when I first saw it on the Bronco was it would be for rock guards for the shocks.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the removable top on an SUV was 'THE' motivating factor, then why doesn't the baby have one too???

If that was 'THE' fun / adventure factor in the equation that Ford thought everyone else missed and not the off road capability, why don't all Bronco badged vehicles get one?
Different segments.

Why doesn't the Cherokee or Compass have a removable roof?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, we've been told to expect great things from the IFS, and now we see the IFS, and it looks just like every other IFS, or maybe even worse with how short the arms are.

Now we're told to just hold on, after 4 years of holding on. We finally get pictures of the production equipment, and they're disappointing. Sorry that some of us are extremely perturbed at the first real solid information being so crappy (crappy may not be the right word, but bland feels like such an understatement of the disappointment) after such a long and contentious wait. I am still holding out that there is something coming that will show that this Bronco will be a capable vehicle while also being reasonably priced, because as of right now it appears that the base model, assuming that that is what we've been seeing so far, has nothing performance wise making it stand out from the crowd, excepting maybe the EB engines, which were a given already as Ford has (justly) dropped into everything....hell I'm surprised they haven't tried sticking a V6 EB TT into a 250 yet....

Any solid information like a picture of it parked with one wheel up on a decently sized boulder with the other three wheels still on the ground (with the suspension fully hidden if need be for that configuration), or a picture of it out somewhere that is an absolute beast to get to even without showing it off in action would be fine. But right now, we see that it is fully capable of going to the mall in style and gracefully absorbing the speed bumps.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Except that the Mustang can, and does, compete with the Camaro on the track. The top trim levels of both are as capable as each other. In fact, from reviews, the PP2 is a significantly better track car than the 1LE, at least for 2 laps until the diff overheats. And nearly everyone states that the mustang is the better street car for various reasons. the camaro only wins on the horsepower wars for potential due to displacement, but the high revving 5.0 can make up for a lot of that with a better power band when running hard.
Mmmmm, not really. PP2 isn't quite as fast as 1LE... Camaro has better steering, better shifter, lower and more center CG, less tramlining, and does everything better with less tire. The ZL1 is faster in every aspect than the GT350. And the ZL1 1LE vs the GT500... well, we haven't seen much on that yet, but the $25k price difference is nothing to forget about. The Mustang wins in horsepower, putting down more of it and also being able to use it better (matches the Camaro in the 1/4 mile, beats it in anything longer), but that's all it wins in.

Where the Mustang wins is driveability… The Mustang, while not as fast or as tossable, is still more enjoyable to drive. It's not as much of a workout, it has better ergonomics, better visibility, and its suspension allows it to be easier on the spine. The Mustang wins because of COMPROMISE... it's not an all-out track brawler like the Camaro, and because of that, it's either slower, less reliable, or less driveable on track than the Camaro. But boy, does it appeal to the masses. And because of that, enthusiasts love it. It has a massive aftermarket and huge brand recognition, and that's because its exciting and fun to drive, despite not being the best option for an enthusiast

As enthusiasts, we need to know where to compromise to appease the masses. I understand not wanting to budge from certain things (like Bronco being body on frame), but you gotta just let the little things go and hope that the aftermatket can compensate. I can't tell you how bad I've wanted Ford to swap to a rear transaxle in the Mustang, but I don't call people "cars and coffee cruisers" for not agreeing

That and the transmission are deal breakers, though now it's solely on whether or not a manual will be available.
Same here, which is why I probably would've bailed on a raptor and gotten a manual Ram 3500

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WARNING sticker says to “SECURE ALL LOOSE OBJECTS PRIOR TO DRIVING” - I believe we have a non-camouflaged, production ready view of the warning sticker on the side glass!

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This guy. Out here protecting his allotment. SPILL IT ALREADY! :rockon::clock:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mmmmm, not really. PP2 isn't quite as fast as 1LE... Camaro has better steering, better shifter, lower and more center CG, less tramlining, and does everything better with less tire. The ZL1 is faster in every aspect than the GT350. And the ZL1 1LE vs the GT500... well, we haven't seen much on that yet, but the $25k price difference is nothing to forget about. The Mustang wins in horsepower, putting down more of it and also being able to use it better (matches the Camaro in the 1/4 mile, beats it in anything longer), but that's all it wins in.

Where the Mustang wins is driveability… The Mustang, while not as fast or as tossable, is still more enjoyable to drive. It's not as much of a workout, it has better ergonomics, better visibility, and its suspension allows it to be easier on the spine. The Mustang wins because of COMPROMISE... it's not an all-out track brawler like the Camaro, and because of that, it's either slower, less reliable, or less driveable on track than the Camaro. But boy, does it appeal to the masses. And because of that, enthusiasts love it. It has a massive aftermarket and huge brand recognition, and that's because its exciting and fun to drive, despite not being the best option for an enthusiast
Thanks for being brave enough to say this. I'm scared to point out that the Ford is slower than the comparable Chevy around any racetrack on a Ford forum :crackup:

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for being brave enough to say this. I'm scared to point out that the Ford is slower than the comparable Chevy around any racetrack on a Ford forum :crackup:
Plus, Ford has nothing that can even compete with a Corvette.

Don't say GT, because those are rare as hen's teeth and cost more than two of most people's houses.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I don't have any inside info, but I made this graphic. The top is what we're at right now with only a few tidbits and pics revealed, the bottom represents the "full picture"/full Bronco product. The top doesn't look like much right now does it? But the bottom looks great. People need to relax and wait until it's all shown, and THEN judge the product.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579721996638

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As enthusiasts, we need to know where to compromise to appease the masses. I understand not wanting to budge from certain things (like Bronco being body on frame), but you gotta just let the little things go and hope that the aftermatket can compensate. I can't tell you how bad I've wanted Ford to swap to a rear transaxle in the Mustang, but I don't call people "cars and coffee cruisers" for not agreeing

Same here, which is why I probably would've bailed on a raptor and gotten a manual Ram 3500
This reminds me of the STI vs Evo debate. General consensus seemed to be the the Evo was the faster car, the STI was the better car.
Sponsored