Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm hoping that, once we know for sure what the new Bronco is gonna be, the perpetual whiners will leave us alone to enjoy our Broncos in peace.

But that might be a bit too optimistic, even for me.
it is not just being discussed here, I think there may be as much if not more discussion related to the Bronco on the Jeep forums.

as an owner of a 2020 Rubicon Unlimited (my 3rd JL, first 2 were bought back) I can say I am really excited at what I am reading and seeing. I spend a LOT of time on the trails, and a Bronco will work great for a lot of people, just like a base sport does. I actually want the refinements from the IFS' a cross between a Wrangler, Ranger and Raptor in SUV form will be the Goldilocks spot for me. Sure, some will "need" a wrangler for the hard core use, just like some "need" a raptor and a Jeep does not work for them. I know a lot of people with Raptors and Rubicons who trash the other as it not being a good platform, but in all reality, even a base f150 or wrangler sport would work for what they actually do. Im not knocking people for being brand loyal, or wanting the image of a vehicle for a specific reason, but at the end of the day I am sure the homework has been done by every manufacturer to ensure what they put out will sell and work for the majority,
Sponsored

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I'm going to show my newbiness with all this, but how hard could it be for an aftermarket solution to satisfy the 10%?
I'm not a rock crawler, but I know enough about offroading to know that real enthusiasts will be replacing axles and suspensions anyways. People have been doing SFA conversions on other vehicles like the Tacoma for a long time.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a rock crawler, but I know enough about offroading to know that real enthusiasts will be replacing axles and suspensions anyways. People have been doing SFA conversions on other vehicles like the Tacoma for a long time.
Gotcha, and I read the other issue as well.

Still excited for it to come out

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a 1988 Bronco that had a SFA swap over to 1 ton axles front and rear. Worst thing we ever did, and it never drive the same again. It did work great in the mud (it was built for mud bogs with 35" super swampers, blueprinted engine etc.) but on the road it was less than stellar.

when I bought my 1994, we left that one alone. We also left my 1985 alone with the axles.

I have owned multiple Bronco's, a scout, a grand Cherokee Trailhawk, and 3 JL Rubicon unlimiteds. I hope the New Bronco will be about the size of the wrangler, but with better road manners. Raptor ranger like capability will be perfect.

the swap was actually easy as parts from the f250 were an easy fit, and not expensive. I assume it will be similar with this.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 1988 Bronco that had a SFA swap over to 1 ton axles front and rear. Worst thing we ever did, and it never drive the same again. It did work great in the mud (it was built for mud bogs with 35" super swampers, blueprinted engine etc.) but on the road it was less than stellar.

when I bought my 1994, we left that one alone. We also left my 1985 alone with the axles.

I have owned multiple Bronco's, a scout, a grand Cherokee Trailhawk, and 3 JL Rubicon unlimiteds. I hope the New Bronco will be about the size of the wrangler, but with better road manners. Raptor ranger like capability will be perfect.

^This

the swap was actually easy as parts from the f250 were an easy fit, and not expensive. I assume it will be similar with this.
Sure it can be, and being the raging 20's with the Internet and stuff, Ford would be stupid not to build a SFA kit for the 10%ers

Sponsored

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rock Crawling, Rock Crawling, Rock Crawling, who has true numbers on how many Wrangler owners go rock crawling? Everybody talks about lack of capability because the Bronco will come with IFS but does it really matter. Ford knows damn well there are at least 10-15% of Wrangler owners and lovers who will never ever leave Jeep and those are the ones who want the SFA. So, in reality the fact the new Bronco will not have a solid front axle doesn't really matter because Ford is going after the 85% of Wrangler owners who don't need it, myself included. In my opinion.
Add me to that list. Look at the interest in the Jeep forums and I think there is a large number who may have jeeps now, but will happily give the Bronco a try. There will always be the die hard fans of the Jeeps and Toyota's, but if Ford,does this right they will sell like hot cakes.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add me to that list. Look at the interest in the Jeep forums and I think there is a large number who may have jeeps now, but will happily give the Bronco a try. There will always be the die hard fans of the Jeeps and Toyota's, but if Ford,does this right they will sell like hot cakes.
I've already been on this list

My deal breaker is the transmission however, though I doubt I'll be disappointed

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW it's hard to keep up here. I don't get time to look here during work so I always check it out when I come home, but damn ! it takes me 2 hours to catch up …. LOL.

Here is what I was thinking today, might be crazy but that's what all of you are going to tell me.

What if Ford offers the Bronco in SFA in low trim levels. (i.e. I think someone who wants SFA does NOT want leather seats)

and offers ..... The IFS in the upper trim levels. (i.e. I think someone who wants leather would want a nice ride)

I don't think this seems to far fetched. It can be done when the frames are built, 90% IFS and 10% SFA. I don't feel this is a stretch.

I too think the front suspension leaves something on the table when compared to all the R&D and secrecy put into the rear suspension. Then just to leave the front as though you could have taken it off my Explorer. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not trying to hate on anyone just throwing it out there to see what 'ya think. I'm sure I will get one (Bronco) but I'm just waiting to see if I can get one with a SFA so I can go out and open up a can of 'whoop ass " on all those Wranglers and show them what "BUILT FORD TOUGH" is all about.:like::rockon:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW it's hard to keep up here. I don't get time to look here during work so I always check it out when I come home, but damn ! it takes me 2 hours to catch up …. LOL.

Here is what I was thinking today, might be crazy but that's what all of you are going to tell me.

What if Ford offers the Bronco in SFA in low trim levels. (i.e. I think someone who wants SFA does NOT want leather seats)

and offers ..... The IFS in the upper trim levels. (i.e. I think someone who wants leather would want a nice ride)

I don't think this seems to far fetched. It can be done when the frames are built, 90% IFS and 10% SFA. I don't feel this is a stretch.

I too think the front suspension leaves something on the table when compared to all the R&D and secrecy put into the rear suspension. Then just to leave the front as though you could have taken it off my Explorer. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not trying to hate on anyone just throwing it out there to see what 'ya think. I'm sure I will get one (Bronco) but I'm just waiting to see if I can get one with a SFA so I can go out and open up a can of 'whoop ass " on all those Wranglers and show them what "BUILT FORD TOUGH" is all about.:like::rockon:
Not a bad idea, or they build a no frills bare bones rock crawling trim

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a bad idea, or they build a no frills bare bones rock crawling trim
Still wondering about the "Rock Monster" trim. It would be very easy for this platform to support SFA for those who want it, normal IFS for those looking for a cheaper option, and a Raptor based setup for those looking for that. If they do that, they would have a Bronco for everyone, and in that case would be a very tough thing for Jeep to counter. All they have is SFA with aftermarket to pick up the extremes. Rubicon is a great off-road vehicle, but leaves a lot on the table and does not come close to a desert machine.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still wondering about the "Rock Monster" trim. It would be very easy for this platform to support SFA for those who want it, normal IFS for those looking for a cheaper option, and a Raptor based setup for those looking for that. If they do that, they would have a Bronco for everyone, and in that case would be a very tough thing for Jeep to counter. All they have is SFA with aftermarket to pick up the extremes. Rubicon is a great off-road vehicle, but leaves a lot on the table and does not come close to a desert machine.
And no real competitor to the 3.6

Sure, there are Superchargers for it, but it's more pricey than a few bolt ons and a tune for the 2.7 and unlike a Muscle car, not a safe add, as I've seen some people had issues and others were fine, kinda luck of the draw

All these selective leaks and snippets of info are driving me crazy

I wanna see the trans and engine options and get confirmation on the 2dr and top options, rest won't matter after that

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is what I was thinking today, might be crazy but...
I think you have good insight. As popular as Bronco is likely to be, over time folks will have innumerable 'special editions' to drool over. I think the only real question is what's available for MY21

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have good insight. As popular as Bronco is likely to be, over time folks will have innumerable 'special editions' to drool over. I think the only real question is what's available for MY21
Don't need a special edition, can always OEM+

Just wanna have my 2dr by beginning of next year the latest

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't need a special edition, can always OEM+

Just wanna have my 2dr by beginning of next year the latest
I don't think there have been any 2dr mules yet has there? The 2dr might be released a few months after the 4dr but hopefully not. O hope all engines are available at launch also, including hybrid.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there have been any 2dr mules yet has there? The 2dr might be released a few months after the 4dr but hopefully not. O hope all engines are available at launch also, including hybrid.
Not a hybrid guy, but I'd hate to see you guys left out as well
Sponsored