Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Grove_LA

Wildtrak
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello from Prescott AZ. I've been reading this site for the past few days and following the bronco news for a while now.

I enjoy the banter of these threads, wanted to put in my 2 cents. I see the current closest competitor to the Wrangler being the 4 runner. The biggest difference I see in my town is a huge percentage of the Wrangler are lifted with 37-40 inch tires and most Toyotas are close to stock. There Wrangler outsells the 4 runner by about double, and I really do think it's the ease of modding the SFA that adds to the popularity, along with the huge wheel wells. Capability aside, a lot of people like that mini monster truck look. To fit 40 inch tires on a 4 runner, you need a sawzall. I see the bronco in the same boat.

I'm not here to dis the new bronco pictures, I'm actually still excited and expect some more pleasant surprises. I do think every other car manufacturer is misguided as to why the Wrangler is so popular though.

Then again, I'm looking at this through the lenses of my small town.
Man I love Prescott. Visited last year. If i could find a good construction related job over there I'd move.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not “go away if you don’t agree”, it’s “find a better fucking place to bitch and moan if that’s all you’re ever going to do”

Except we’re not saying the same thing. At all. You’re trying to say that enthusiasts drive the market, I’m telling you you’re dead wrong. If that were the case, people wouldn’t constantly be asking me if my Mustang is broken because it’s so loud

I know you’re trying really hard to validate yourself with the smear tactics here, but it isn’t working. I’m sure we’re all smart enough to see through your bullshit... well, except maybe the other Neanderthals who think the Bronco will fail without SFA
And yet you are the one who is resorting to personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with you.

So, how do you see the Bronco succeeding if it A) Does not create a new market segment, and B) Does not excel in the existing market segments?

Or, provide me any evidence that you have that it will actually create a new segment or excel in an existing one.

I hope that the Bronco does create new and/or excel in existing, but I have seen no evidence of this yet.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except we’re not saying the same thing. At all. You’re trying to say that enthusiasts drive the market, I’m telling you you’re dead wrong. If that were the case, people wouldn’t constantly be asking me if my Mustang is broken because it’s so loud...
If you don't think casual drivers and wanna-be racers are trying to get more / better sound or airflow for their engines because the enthusiasts and race drivers do similar things you're not paying attention.

I'm sure you didn't invent the idea. Thanks for an example that proves my point.

Looking or sounding like you're doing something exciting that other 'cool people' do is precisely why we have trucks and whatnot jacked up with big tires and going no where special. They're trying to emulate the people with similar vehicles who really are using them. They want others to perceive them that way.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not “go away if you don’t agree”, it’s “find a better fucking place to bitch and moan if that’s all you’re ever going to do”

Except we’re not saying the same thing. At all. You’re trying to say that enthusiasts drive the market, I’m telling you you’re dead wrong. If that were the case, people wouldn’t constantly be asking me if my Mustang is broken because it’s so loud

I know you’re trying really hard to validate yourself with the smear tactics here, but it isn’t working. I’m sure we’re all smart enough to see through your bullshit... well, except maybe the other Neanderthals who think the Bronco will fail without SFA

I’m one of those SFA Neanderthals, but I believe the Bronco will be a huge success in the short term (less than 10 years). The removable top and doors, good engines, good road manners, mild off road ability, and 25 years of pent-up demand will fit right into our booming economy and relatively cheap fuel.

Unfortunately there will be recessions, rises in oil prices, and another shift towards economy cars.

The Bronco will be discontinued because Ford is in the business of making profitable vehicles, even if they are lame-ass crossovers and mini vans. The Wrangler will live on because it’s all Jeep has and there will still be room for one enthusiast vehicle.

The Bronco will be successful because it’s the right vehicle for the time. When that time is over it’ll get axed like it did before. Doesn’t make it a failure, just means the economy and demands have changed.

Sponsored

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
A Wrangler with a fixed roof would sell FAR less than a Wrangler with a removable one, period.
I used to believe this but sales numbers say differently...

Around 2008, hardtop sales eclipsed soft top sales almost 2:1 on both 2 door & 4 door (excluding dual top options; east vs west determines which top the owner will likely sell)
The new power top is in higher demand than standard soft tops and dual top on 2019+ JLUs. The hardtop outline/framing is not removable, just the windows. Would not be surprised if the next gen Wrangler only offers removable window panels (Jeep Wrangler Flattop)
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 00-jeep-wrangler-flattop-concept

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'A Ton'

That's it! We're getting a 1 ton SFA option! or at least Ford Performance 1 ton retrofit kit!

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
You can still get 1/2 doors for JK, had 'em on my wife's '09... definitely have to search for a set (craigslist/Facebook marketplace)
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 472122_10150773200370852_161762675_o

The rear windows are removable on the Skytop.

The Freedom panels definitely helped, aftermarket targa tops were not convenient at all... but the Bestop Sun Rider (for hardtop) is even easier... you don't have to leave the drivers seat (once installed)
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 52450-35_dt_001
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 52450-17_dt_005