Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
Where did the Camaro touch you? This thread has turned into an absolute shit show.

Also, say what you want about the outdated 4Runner, but it will still be on the road long after a Wrangler or Bronco has bitten the dust.

*ducks*
Maybe on the East coast :sunglasses:
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So.......I hear there's this vehicle called Bronco coming out this year. Not that anyone would know after the last few pages of this thread.
The Bronco? Like OJ had?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So.......I hear there's this vehicle called Bronco coming out this year. Not that anyone would know after the last few pages of this thread.
I hear it's gonna have a V8 and SFA too!

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)

Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some say if you say SFA 3 times in a mirror Henry Ford will appear.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where did the Camaro touch you? This thread has turned into an absolute shit show.

Also, say what you want about the outdated 4Runner, but it will still be on the road long after a Wrangler or Bronco has bitten the dust.

*ducks*
It hasn't... Camaros can't keep up with me to "touch me" :crackup:

It's the other guy who's been molested by camaros :D

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll see y’all with the next leak. I’m already super low on brain cells right now, can’t afford to lose any more.
Dis dread don make you retaded xD

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like Nick and Stampede I’m going to have to take a break until the next leak.
The only reason I prefer SFA on the Bronco is because I plan to modify mine meaning hopefully cool suspension and big tires and no I don’t plan to beat the shit out of my brand new 50-60k vehicle but I love knowing what my vehicles are capable of.
In addition I think it’s foolish for Ford to compete head to head with the Wrangler, size, cargo capacity, and most importantly off-road capability with what HAS BEEN LEAKED. This would be an embarrassment for Ford to disrupt Jeeps Easter Safari with and those that think it’s a great idea are genuinely showing your lack of knowledge about the event and the vehicles that partake.
The SFA bashing is absurd and the defense most (not all) have is on road comfort. That is the most frustrating thing to hear when discussing an off-road vehicle. Their assumption is that because a vehicle has a SFA you will rattle your teeth and your wife won’t be able to drive it. You never see women driving lifted Wranglers do you? LOL
To the fanboys and the IFS crowd, what about that front end is promising to you? It’s not special and looks weak.
If comfort is your thing, let’s say that the IFS Bronco Raptor has the same height adjustable feature Fox shocks as the other Raptors. You do know going above the stock setting creates a rougher ride right? In addition with coil overs all the way around, yes, coil spacer lifts are cheap and easy and will also easily net the bronco 2-3” of lift to allow bigger tires. Do you know what happens to your ride comfort with coil spacers? They compress the spring to get the additional lift decreasing your wheel travel and creating a stiffer ride. So what’s the other option? Drop down bracket lift kit, think every IFS truck and FJ. You can maintain a factory ride but you haven’t gained any performance from the lift. Not sure what options there will be for the rear.
In summary I am not SFA or the highway, I wanted a full-size raptor bronco because of the performance it would offer and size, I’m not getting it.
I will wait for the off-road version of the Bronco we are getting to be leaked and then make my decision. But telling Ford (we’ve been told they read these forums) like it is instead of dropping our shorts and bending over to take what ever the Blue Oval gives us is not a bad thing and those doing so should not be belittled.
NickP and Stampede I look forward to catching up on your posts hopefully very soon!!

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and yet the 2.3 and 2.7 are seriously lacking in torque below 1k RPM. so much so nearly all torque curves cut them off below that point. They are great once they have a few RPMs behind them, and they are lightyears ahead of turbo engines of old. But they are still anemic at idle. It may be possible to change that with some tuning that ford for liability or eco reasons can't do from the factory such as setting the turbo to release to spool at something like 750 RPMs instead of 1050 or wherever it's at atm.

But all the power in the world doesn't matter (for an off-roader) if you can't fit tires under the truck, or break the drivetrain once you do.
Tell that to my 2.7 and now 3.5 eb that pull 7k boat up the ramp at....barely above idle speeds.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since this thread has become about other things than the bronco.... please say hi to my dog Copper. She is a beagle who is super adventurous and is slowly convincing me to just get a late 80’s - early 90’s Defender and go camp on top of a mountain somewhere until the bronco drops.

638A34BA-F34B-48D6-B88A-212DEB33930D.jpeg

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
slowly convincing me to just get a late 80’s - early 90’s Defender
Ineos Grenadier....the reborn Defender....a bit late to be part of the Bronco equation

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man I love Prescott. Visited last year. If i could find a good construction related job over there I'd move.
Nope. We're full. Can't find a parking place anywhere, rents are stupid, everybody crashes into each other on the roads all the time...
Sponsored