Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You weren't asking me, but Race Red is amazing. The others are a little too ruby-like. Pure red for me.
Love the Ruby, make things harder if it were offered on the Bronco
Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Duuuude my mom had one of those back in the day it was an awesome Jeep. The orvis was baller!

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It only takes a 3" kit to fit 35's on a Wrangler, and the afore mentioned Silverado fits 37"s. If the Jeep gets 6" it gets 37's as well but I think you should long arm a 6" kit(added expense). But by the same token you can put 4" springs on a Wrangler and get 37's under it. Fender openings and suspension clearance has alot to do with it.
Agree with everything you said... except it only takes 2" of lift for 35s (maybe the new JLs are different, but I'd doubt it). And if you want, you can do it no lift - just with fender flares - all of the low COG guys go that way.

This was my rubicon on 35s, 2" lift, no rubbing.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579914837101

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with everything you said... except it only takes 2" of lift for 35s (maybe the new JLs are different, but I'd doubt it). ...
The general consesnsus is that the JLs will take a 35 just fine without a lift (Rubicons with higher fenders anyway), but most people will put 2-3 on it just to be sure it won't rub at extreme angles (and for looks).

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The internet will explode (and some folks here will need to change their shorts) if/when they reveal an SFA version.
Half my fleet will be up on craigslist within minutes and the call to my sales guy will be placed...

I'm more partial to the S197
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579914837101
Me too... best looking one since the 03/04 cobras. This was before the 325s went on, they stick out too much for it to look good. These were 275 MTs :(
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579915909270

And the ass shot with the 325s, in its natural habitat.
Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1579916054645

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree with everything you said... except it only takes 2" of lift for 35s (maybe the new JLs are different, but I'd doubt it). And if you want, you can do it no lift - just with fender flares - all of the low COG guys go that way.

This was my rubicon on 35s, 2" lift, no rubbing.
I hear 'ya there ………. I was just using BDS "suggestions" for wheel size, backspace, tire size etc. as a comparison. I think the JL can get away with just a coil spacer to fit 35's on the Wrangler forums, but bds lists a 3" to fit. For the record …...… my 08 F-150 everyone says 33's with 2" level kit but that's what I have and I have 35's on it with only slight rub at FULL lock, but ….. I have stock 20" wheels not aftermarket wheels that push the wheel out and would cause more interference. Plus 35's from one tire company are not the same size as ones from a different tire company. (i.e. my atturo 35x12.50R20 are like 34.5 by 11.8 but a Toyo 35x12.50R20 might be 35.1 by 12.3. so that plays into it as well. I have no problem navigating the wall-mart parking lots without having to do a 50 point turn all the time. so to me this "rub" is not bad and normally do not even consider it a problem. but I have seen other instances when "some trimming" is required. (see pic). Customer says he bought wheels and tires off the interweb and they said yeah these will fit fine. As you can see they didn't. Ended up lifting the truck another 2 " to make so you could turn the wheel without ripping off the corner of the fender. Sad thing was when he came in it had 37 R20's on it , we took off, and the wheels and tires in the pic are 37 R24, he got from the interweb. both 37's but one fit and one didn't big difference from one to the other 20's were 10" wide and the 24's were 12 and and the backspace was the same way the 20's were 5" but the 24's were like 2". My point is just that there are many factors that go into the "what size tire fits on my truck with what amount of lift".

edit: also yes the "flat" fender on the Wrangles can improve clearance they even make ones that are "hi-liners" that are even higher yet.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 20190914_105845

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Except that Ford currently makes a SFA SUV on this platform. And sells 10s of thousands a year or some such.

stop TROLLING me JD :giggle:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and there has been no indication that it will lose the currently offered SFA, which means that this frame is designed with the intent to handle an SFA ergo....swaps will be possible, and possibly with off the shelf Ford/Troller T4 parts.

I'm still holding out hope that Ford will offer the Bronco in a "base" and maybe a few up trim packages with the SFA and then offer the IFS with the high end trim packages. Come on Ford I know your "trolling" here. do the right thing. LOL

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear 'ya there ………. I was just using BDS "suggestions" for wheel size, backspace, tire size etc. as a comparison. I think the JL can get away with just a coil spacer to fit 35's on the Wrangler forums, but bds lists a 3" to fit. For the record …...… my 08 F-150 everyone says 33's with 2" level kit but that's what I have and I have 35's on it with only slight rub at FULL lock, but ….. I have stock 20" wheels not aftermarket wheels that push the wheel out and would cause more interference. Plus 35's from one tire company are not the same size as ones from a different tire company. (i.e. my atturo 35x12.50R20 are like 34.5 by 11.8 but a Toyo 35x12.50R20 might be 35.1 by 12.3. so that plays into it as well. I have no problem navigating the wall-mart parking lots without having to do a 50 point turn all the time. so to me this "rub" is not bad and normally do not even consider it a problem. but I have seen other instances when "some trimming" is required. (see pic). Customer says he bought wheels and tires off the interweb and they said yeah these will fit fine. As you can see they didn't. Ended up lifting the truck another 2 " to make so you could turn the wheel without ripping off the corner of the fender. Sad thing was when he came in it had 37 R20's on it , we took off, and the wheels and tires in the pic are 37 R24, he got from the interweb. both 37's but one fit and one didn't big difference from one to the other 20's were 10" wide and the 24's were 12 and and the backspace was the same way the 20's were 5" but the 24's were like 2". My point is just that there are many factors that go into the "what size tire fits on my truck with what amount of lift".

edit: also yes the "flat" fender on the Wrangles can improve clearance they even make ones that are "hi-liners" that are even higher yet.
Oh, I fully agree that backspacing and a lot of the variation between tire manufacturers can make or break a fit... on the wrangler, it wasn't even close to rubbing. I did have an F150 with a 2" leveling kit - was an 04 - and 35s - well, 315/70/17 BFG All Terrain TA KOs, and again no rub. But to go beyond that it would have been a massive undertaking - dropping the front pumpkin and all as you know...

My lift was over a grand on the wrangler, but you're right I coulda done it with coil spacers and shock extensions... Instead I spent the money on remote reservoir fully rebuildable shocks - kinda what I would do on a bronco. Coils are coils, but big good beefy shocks are life. :) Rode soooo much nicer than stock (being a short wheel base with soft suspension you often looked at the sky between shifts).

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still holding out hope that Ford will offer the Bronco in a "base" and maybe a few up trim packages with the SFA and then offer the IFS with the high end trim packages. Come on Ford I know your "trolling" here. do the right thing. LOL
I’m hoping/thinking that the sfa will be a checkbox option on all trims except raptor, and standard on ‘rock monster’

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, I fully agree that backspacing and a lot of the variation between tire manufacturers can make or break a fit... on the wrangler, it wasn't even close to rubbing. I did have an F150 with a 2" leveling kit - was an 04 - and 35s - well, 315/70/17 BFG All Terrain TA KOs, and again no rub. But to go beyond that it would have been a massive undertaking - dropping the front pumpkin and all as you know...

My lift was over a grand on the wrangler, but you're right I coulda done it with coil spacers and shock extensions... Instead I spent the money on remote reservoir fully rebuildable shocks - kinda what I would do on a bronco. Coils are coils, but big good beefy shocks are life. :) Rode soooo much nicer than stock (being a short wheel base with soft suspension you often looked at the sky between shifts).
You got that right. shocks are everything in ride control. nice to see that at least if the Bronco is only available in IFS that it will be easy to mount coil-overs on it because of the way they did the coil and shock arrangement on it.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m hoping/thinking that the sfa will be a checkbox option on all trims except raptor, and standard on ‘rock monster’
didn't think of the check box option. Like the 3.08 gear option in an 87 fox body, …….. otherwise 2.73.

I thought that whole trim/package thing earlier was just sarcasm. Are they really making a rock monster?? If that is true and it is not SFA then I need to go back to school. What's next I pull up to an obstacle and just push a button and POOF, the computer takes over and drives itself over it. Man, what's the fun in that. Like the way they park themselves. Unbelievable someone can't learn how to parallel park. Although I will say the camera thing is nice cause they make them to hard to see out of.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...I thought that whole trim/package thing earlier was just sarcasm. Are they really making a rock monster?? ...
TFL reported it as "insider information" that a mule/prototype with the internal designation "rock monster" was a thing ... so take that with a shovel full of salt.
Sponsored