• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Alaska Square Tubes behind front wheels

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This might have been covered, but can anyone explain the square tubular thingys connected to frame just behind front wheels? 🛞🛞

45C08636-C6BE-4FBA-B587-52A1939D5648.jpeg

1393C779-2C2B-4492-8368-6A0BE5F11DAB.jpeg
Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They’re called ”crash bars” and they’re very effective in saving your feet & legs in the case of an accident. Although someone will surely say I’m a wimp for caring about safety in 3… 2… 1…

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Dorf2point0 I see that you have (or had) some Explorers, including a 2005. We had a 2004 for about a decade and enjoyed it very much. Wife especially loved it as her daily driver. However was better as a daily driver than a tow vehicle (towing big 7,000 lb camp trailer) and off roader. Now I feel we have a better off roader, and we have other plans in store for a camper.

How do you like the Bronco compared to you other SUVs?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like @SuperDave150 said they are for safety. There are companies that make high clearance ones that are thinner to allow bigger tires. some people remove them all together. Some companies even have where you can eliminate the mount all together and replace the body mount to allow even larger tires. They are on my 08 F150. Some people like them some don't, to me it's a personal preference.

Wife traded her 13 Explorer (no issues, 100K) for a 22 Timberline edition. Pretty cool. :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dorf2point0

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Dorf2point0 I see that you have (or had) some Explorers, including a 2005. We had a 2004 for about a decade and enjoyed it very much. Wife especially loved it as her daily driver. However was better as a daily driver than a tow vehicle (towing big 7,000 lb camp trailer) and off roader. Now I feel we have a better off roader, and we have other plans in store for a camper.

How do you like the Bronco compared to you other SUVs?
WE love the Bronco! It was 2nd hand with 3400. miles.. Owners took very good care of her in Fairbanks Alaska of all places.. The visibility is so much better!! The stability is just about the same as the 2005 Explorer.. Problem with the older vehicles was the maintenance.. The maintenance needs basically out ran me.. Other problem was getting replacement seats to suit my bad back.. The 2.3 L with the 10 speed transmission is more quick and stable at 70-75 mph.. Only problem with my set up is the 2.3L 10 speed was fitted with 3.73 rear end.. Dorf 2.0 is overdriven for Alaska.. My 10 speed wants to shift up so it pushing at 1300 rpm’s bogging down the 2.3.
I have never seen that problem with automatic transmission in my time..It goes to Dealership on 4-4-2023 to have this looked at.. If they can’t fix it FMC said they would get involved .. One thing about the Older Explorers, the replacement parts were cheaper. I still have the 2005, it needs another thermostat housing. The new one I just put in is bad.. No heat, so she has sat for winter..
always something needs fixed, and a new 2022 Explorer and the Bronco have lessened this burden until I get my back fixed 😁

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WE love the Bronco! It was 2nd hand with 3400. miles.. Owners took very good care of her in Fairbanks Alaska of all places.. The visibility is so much better!! The stability is just about the same as the 2005 Explorer.. Problem with the older vehicles was the maintenance.. The maintenance needs basically out ran me.. Other problem was getting replacement seats to suit my bad back.. The 2.3 L with the 10 speed transmission is more quick and stable at 70-75 mph.. Only problem with my set up is the 2.3L 10 speed was fitted with 3.73 rear end.. Dorf 2.0 is overdriven for Alaska.. My 10 speed wants to shift up so it pushing at 1300 rpm’s bogging down the 2.3.
I have never seen that problem with automatic transmission in my time..It goes to Dealership on 4-4-2023 to have this looked at.. If they can’t fix it FMC said they would get involved .. One thing about the Older Explorers, the replacement parts were cheaper. I still have the 2005, it needs another thermostat housing. The new one I just put in is bad.. No heat, so she has sat for winter..
always something needs fixed, and a new 2022 Explorer and the Bronco have lessened this burden until I get my back fixed 😁

You can use Sport Mode it holds in the gear longer, maybe wouldn't shift into the higher gears that way. or use it in manual mode and just select which gear you want to run in with the + and - buttons on the shifter knob.

OP
OP
Dorf2point0

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s what I end up doing, D for going into-intersections and stop lights.. Once it starts acting out I go to manual.. Unfortunately, my significant other She doesn’t want to mess with manual so I am driving it to work all the time.. That’s so “terrible” 🤣

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only problem with my set up is the 2.3L 10 speed was fitted with 3.73 rear end.. Dorf 2.0 is overdriven for Alaska.. My 10 speed wants to shift up so it pushing at 1300 rpm’s bogging down the 2.3.
Honestly that's a Ford 10-speed in general problem. Ford programs them to race to 10th. I'll be driving my wife's F-150 on city streets in Phoenix and it's already in 9th or 10th unless I remember to switch to Sport Mode.
Sponsored