First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been diving through threads and searching but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

In the GVWR thread with the official ford specs, the Base with automatic 2.3L goes from 4306 "base curb weight" to 4764 for "max curb weight w/ options" = an increase of 458 lbs.

Is is fair to assume this is entirely from the sasquatch package?

The sheet has numbers for the 2.3 manual but i don't think squatch is included in the options #s because you can't get it in my21 with the manual, so I'm using the automatic numbers for reference.

Is this a good approximation for the weight of the sasquatch package? The wight comes from exchanging items such as:

1. 35 inch tires
  2. bigger front axle
  3. steel front bumper (and rear?)
  4. skid plate
  5. rock rails
  6. 2x differentials
I'm currently debating between a black diamond stock, or a sasquatch base with aftermarket interior. I'm going to be getting a 2.3 manual. the cost between these 2 builds is within $500 price-wise for me.

My only concern is that the 2.3 sasquatch will feel sluggish and heavy, but if my estimates are correct, it's only 150lbs heavier than a stock black diamond. (using automatic 2,3 as a guide.)

The other good news is it looks like the manual is about 150lbs less than the auto so i should recoup a little weight there too.

I don't really need the front locker but I do know i'll want to be in the 34 inch tire range down the line, so i seemed like a better deal to just get the squatch package up front.

Ford Bronco Squatch adds 450lbs to a Base 2-door? basemansquatch vs black diamond questions GVWR Details V31024_1
Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I saw in the numbers (comparing big bend to wildtrack), the Sasquatch alone adds about 150lbs, so not that bad. The heaviest components is the body armor found standard on the black diamond and badlands (front and rear steel bumper, bash plates, and rock rails) is about 300 lbs based on the difference between a stock big bend and stock black diamond. Adding an extra 2 doors is only another 200lbs. An armored 2 door is only 50 lbs less than a squatched 4door. I’m guessing that armor is legit because it’s very heavy.

I want a squatched 2.7L 4dr BD, so I know I’m getting one of the heaviest combos available, pushing close to 5300 lbs. it’ll definitely need the bigger motor to move something that’s 600 lbs heavier than a crew cab f150.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want a squatched 2.7L 4dr BD, so I know I’m getting one of the heaviest combos available, pushing close to 5300 lbs. it’ll definitely need the bigger motor to move something that’s 600 lbs heavier than a crew cab f150.
Did you happen to watch the broncos on the Rubicon trail or in Moab videos? Those were sticks and autos, Squatch and not, Badlands. Didn't seem at a loss for capability with the 2.3 power in those "heavy" machines.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.3L is 270hp. It won’t be sluggish.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.3L is 270hp. It won’t be sluggish.
Yeah I think it will be fine, but I also don't want unnecessary weight. The black diamond has the level of capability I want, but weighing the sasquatch for the same money.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I saw in the numbers (comparing big bend to wildtrack), the Sasquatch alone adds about 150lbs, so not that bad. The heaviest components is the body armor found standard on the black diamond and badlands (front and rear steel bumper, bash plates, and rock rails) is about 300 lbs based on the difference between a stock big bend and stock black diamond. Adding an extra 2 doors is only another 200lbs. An armored 2 door is only 50 lbs less than a squatched 4door. I’m guessing that armor is legit because it’s very heavy.

Ahhhh the sasquatch doesn't come with the bumpers or rails etc.... ding ding ding. Thank you. I don't know why I assumed it did. So a sasquatch base should be lighter than a black diamond? I wonder i they include tires in that measurement.

Smart using wildtrak as the measurement for sasquatch. I guess it's basically a sasquatch base with fancy interior, right?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahhhh the sasquatch doesn't come with the bumpers or rails etc.... ding ding ding. Thank you. I don't know why I assumed it did. So a sasquatch base should be lighter than a black diamond? I wonder i they include tires in that measurement.

Smart using wildtrak as the measurement for sasquatch. I guess it's basically a sasquatch base with fancy interior, right?
OBX

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My only concern is that the 2.3 sasquatch will feel sluggish and heavy, but if my estimates are correct, it's only 150lbs heavier than a stock black diamond. (using automatic 2,3 as a guide.)
Where did you get your estimates?
Each 35" tire is near 80 pounds.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where did you get your estimates?
Each 35" tire is near 80 pounds.
Yeah this is one of the things I'm thinking about. It's not that the truck can't handle it, but how much better it would handle even with 33s.. There are some nice C rated 33 discoverers or even the bridgestones that weigh a lot less.

The base stock tires are 32 lbs each. Adding 50lbs to each tire is no joke.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah this is one of the things I'm thinking about. It's not that the truck can't handle it, but how much better it would handle even with 33s.. There are some nice C rated 33 discoverers or even the bridgestones that weigh a lot less.

The base stock tires are 32 lbs each. Adding 50lbs to each tire is no joke.
Go check out some YouTube videos of Broncos being tested on dirt roads and in the desert. It's the 2.3l engine whipping that 5k pound body like it's nothing

I don't think you should be too concerned tbh!

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go check out some YouTube videos of Broncos being tested on dirt roads and in the desert. It's the 2.3l engine whipping that 5k pound body like it's nothing

I don't think you should be too concerned tbh!
No i get that it handles the tires. I'm just saying while bigger tire increases performance off road, it also decreases on road. Rotational weight can make a big difference in driveability. Especially 30 lbs per wheel.

I'm just trying to decide between a black diamond (standard height, 32s) or a sasquatch (small lift + 35s) - they're going to drive like very different vehicles and not everything is reversible later on... Plus I can't seem to figure out if a sasquatch base weights more than a black diamond. As much as I love wheeling and camping, i am going to be driving this thing to work every day too... Trying to make the smart choice when I put my order in!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No i get that it handles the tires. I'm just saying while bigger tire increases performance off road, it also decreases on road. Rotational weight can make a big difference in driveability. Especially 30 lbs per wheel.

I'm just trying to decide between a black diamond (standard height, 32s) or a sasquatch (small lift + 35s) - they're going to drive like very different vehicles and not everything is reversible later on... Plus I can't seem to figure out if a sasquatch base weights more than a black diamond. As much as I love wheeling and camping, i am going to be driving this thing to work every day too... Trying to make the smart choice when I put my order in!
Ah, I see

Personally if my Bronco was a daily driver, I would avoid the SAS. Especially if that daily commute involved mostly highways

Just my opinion

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah, I see

Personally if my Bronco was a daily driver, I would avoid the SAS. Especially if that daily commute involved mostly highways

Just my opinion
Yeah that's where I'm leaning on black diamond. i just wonder if looking back I'll wish I had just said "f*ck it" and gone squatch.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs