First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When a wheel comes from the ground you are no longer “flexing”...you are 3 wheeling...I see a lot more “3 wheeling” than “flexing”....
Sponsored

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When a wheel comes from the ground you are no longer “flexing”...you are 3 wheeling...I see a lot more “3 wheeling” than “flexing”....
Anyone else have some pics of a stock suspension really showing off some ridiculous articulation? (Bonus points for not lifting a wheel.) 😀
Exactly!! I bumped your comment to the first post.

Last edited:

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
View attachment 406307 Video of and a few pics of my stock Badlands Sasquatch flexing a bit.
Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension 71215B3E-C3AC-4460-AFA1-7614F918D91A
Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension 0577E3CF-6705-492A-B69A-43C3C51A6963
Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension F7D00848-D230-4ADB-AA14-77320579337B
Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension DCC2A3EA-4086-440B-8C62-A16150E03B30

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also have the AC Fab sway bar disconnect, works great. Although I may just remove the sway bar all together. I was surprised how well behaved the Bronco was at highway speeds with it disconnected.
Very true I drove 80 miles home this past weekend on mountain roads with lots of turns and the highway hardly any difference.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are still flexiing and are limited by the suspension travel. That why front and rear lockers are must. Lots of fun oh ya.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. Who says IFS can't flex?

Driving some great trails in Elbe Hills (near Mt Rainier, WA) and came up on what must have been 'the' log the 2dr Badlands Sasquatch was spec'd against.

This is a completely factory Sas suspension with GY Territories. Didn't lift a wheel... didn't hit a bumper... ride the sliders... or rub anything underneath. Surprised how the front wheel just stuffed and the rear wheel articulated all the way over the log to ground.

Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension trim.BCB8E592-5AF5-4A37-BED9-6C1F07F0C7BE.MOV

Anyone else have some pics of a stock suspension really showing off some ridiculous articulation? (Bonus points for not lifting a wheel.) 😀

EDIT (Thanks @Oldhippie):

Here's the whole sequence.

Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension trim.BCB8E592-5AF5-4A37-BED9-6C1F07F0C7BE.MOV
Not bad for a stock independent suspension. But this is the Jeep I had and the flex it had. Losing a ton of flex is just gonna be something I have to get used to.

Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension IMG_0095

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not bad for a stock independent suspension. But this is the Jeep I had and the flex it had. Losing a ton of flex is just gonna be something I have to get used to.

Ford Bronco Squatch Flex 💪👀  on completely factory Sasquatch SAS suspension IMG_0095
Eric,

I'm glad you bring this up. I know @Tricky Dick kicked a hornet's nest when he asserted that the Bronco is not an ideal rock crawler. He's not wrong. Go for solid axles and a lot of belly clearance if that's where you're headed. You'll get gobs of flex.

I think it's pretty clear from a lot of posts on here that the Bronco "3-wheels"... a lot. It's the nature of the IFS. IMHO, the easiest way to mitigate that problem is not to try to fix the wheel lifting... it's to order lockers... and live with the wheel lifting. Not the best answer, but the easiest to fix (from the ordering bank). If the non-lifted wheel on an axle has maximum traction, you're not losing much by hanging a tire.

You can increase flex and travel on your Bronco, too... BLs and FEs with sta-bar disco is (literally) the 'easy button' for that. Not sure the Hoss 3.0 will do for adding flex, but it seems there might be a gain there, too. When your Hoss comes in, we'll have to go run some trails together.

Beyond that, you're either going up to a Braptor, or modding your Bronco... adding an AC Fab kit for flex... lift kits and tires for clearance... etc... etc... etc... etc...

I just wanted to baseline just what a factory-built, factory warranted Bronco would do. Since it's also my DD, I'm keeping mods to a minimum and driving it within its factory limitations. Still, I was surprised how much flex I was able to get out of a stock 2dr BL SAS... with front disco (and no rear swaybar from the factory)... I think this might be best case scenario for flex.

I might have to bypass some obstacles I'd really like to build my Bronco to take... but there's some bragging rights to being able to take on some challenging trails and be able to say "it's factory".

We are still flexiing and are limited by the suspension travel. That why front and rear lockers are must. Lots of fun oh ya.
... and this is the reality of offroading a Bronco... not by Jeep-like solid-axle articulation... but by getting through obstacles DESPITE lifting a wheel. LOCKERS and "3-wheeling" keep a Bronco going up the same trails a Jeep does. They're not the same... and you don't drive them the same.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eric,

I'm glad you bring this up. I know @Tricky Dick kicked a hornet's nest when he asserted that the Bronco is not an ideal rock crawler. He's not wrong. Go for solid axles and a lot of belly clearance if that's where you're headed. You'll get gobs of flex.

I think it's pretty clear from a lot of posts on here that the Bronco "3-wheels"... a lot. It's the nature of the IFS. IMHO, the easiest way to mitigate that problem is not to try to fix the wheel lifting... it's to order lockers... and live with the wheel lifting. Not the best answer, but the easiest to fix (from the ordering bank). If the non-lifted wheel on an axle has maximum traction, you're not losing much by hanging a tire.

You can increase flex and travel on your Bronco, too... BLs and FEs with sta-bar disco is (literally) the 'easy button' for that. Not sure the Hoss 3.0 will do for adding flex, but it seems there might be a gain there, too. When your Hoss comes in, we'll have to go run some trails together.

Beyond that, you're either going up to a Braptor, or modding your Bronco... adding an AC Fab kit for flex... lift kits and tires for clearance... etc... etc... etc... etc...

I just wanted to baseline just what a factory-built, factory warranted Bronco would do. Since it's also my DD, I'm keeping mods to a minimum and driving it within its factory limitations. Still, I was surprised how much flex I was able to get out of a stock 2dr BL SAS... with front disco (and no rear swaybar from the factory)... I think this might be best case scenario for flex.

I might have to bypass some obstacles I'd really like to build my Bronco to take... but there's some bragging rights to being able to take on some challenging trails and be able to say "it's factory".

... and this is the reality of offroading a Bronco... not by Jeep-like solid-axle articulation... but by getting through obstacles DESPITE lifting a wheel. LOCKERS and "3-wheeling" keep a Bronco going up the same trails a Jeep does. They're not the same... and you don't drive them the same.
Hi Thomas, very well put. I have the Acfab disconnect installed and had it off roading last weekend and it help the articulation. The Bronco has climbed everything so far. Front and rear lockers are the key. Will be running a portion of the Rubicon on 30th with Jeeps and Bronco I'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thing I've noticed... at least in my 2dr (2.7)... is a 50-50 weight distribution between the unarticulated wheels when at full flex.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Thomas, very well put. I have the Acfab disconnect installed and had it off roading last weekend and it help the articulation. The Bronco has climbed everything so far. Front and rear lockers are the key. Will be running a portion of the Rubicon on 30th with Jeeps and Bronco I'll see how it goes.
Post those pics when you get back!!

I've got 2dr AMB envy... lol.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, lots of people say IFS doesn't flex because...well...it doesn't.

Your front suspension has not flexed much at all in any of those pictures - not compared to SFA.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think these are considered wheel lift. That said, I haven't had much wheel lift issue in mine either, but I've bottomed out on the rear diff a couple times. Looks like you had a blast nonetheless.

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, lots of people say IFS doesn't flex because...well...it doesn't.

Your front suspension has not flexed much at all in any of those pictures - not compared to SFA.
I'm not comparing it to SFA. Just noting that I was surprised by the flex I got from a completely stock Badsquatch over a decent-sized obstacle...

Comparing Bronco-to-Bronco (stock)... not Bronco-to-Jeep (like 1000 other threads).

Maybe we're not looking at the same pics. I think the difference in the front suspension going from full front droop (while maintaining ground contact)... to full front compression (and stuffing the wheel well)... is pretty significant wheel travel. For a completely stock Bronco.

I'm not considering getting a Jeep.. or a doing a solid axle swap... or portals... or even a spacer lift.

20221015_155239.jpg
20221015_155943 (1).jpg

Driving a Bronco IFS with less flex and lockers vs Jeep articulation with SFA discussion is a few posts back that way.
^^^^^^
Sponsored