Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Noticed a slight highway oscillation noise on the very first drive of my new Squatched 2 door. Ride was very smooth at freeways speeds, however.
After 10k km, there is some vibration and the oscillation noise is MAYBE a little louder. Going into the dealer to be looked at (will I get the "we couldn't replicate the sound" feedback?)
I expect a certain amount of road noise, but not a Wub-Wub sound like the tire is defective.
Hard to pinpoint which tire exactly...

Did a search, but I can't be the only one??
Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 4 door SAS is smooth as silk at all speeds, like how does this thing drive this nice and smooth on 35's, nice. Odd that it wouldn't get worse with speed...

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it on the same roads? My jeep tires would make a lot more noise and vibrate slightly on certain roads.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Is it on the same roads? My jeep tires would make a lot more noise and vibrate slightly on certain roads.
Some roads more than others...
Pretty obvious that some roads would be noisier, but also make the out of round sound louder...? That I don't get. Lol

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they do say that they cannot duplicate request someone to ride along with you and take them down the road. Could have a broken belt in the tire. It happens. Does it pull to one side or the other? Do you feel the vibration in the wheel or the whole car? Usually if you have a vibration relating to a wheel and you canā€™t feel it in the steering wheel itā€™s a rear tire. When I picked my last superduty up I got in the freeway way and felt it right away but not in the wheel. The truck didnā€™t do it on the test drive. I had them swap out the wheels and tires and a rear was not balanced correctly.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
If they do say that they cannot duplicate request someone to ride along with you and take them down the road. Could have a broken belt in the tire. It happens. Does it pull to one side or the other? Do you feel the vibration in the wheel or the whole car? Usually if you have a vibration relating to a wheel and you canā€™t feel it in the steering wheel itā€™s a rear tire. When I picked my last superduty up I got in the freeway way and felt it right away but not in the wheel. The truck didnā€™t do it on the test drive. I had them swap out the wheels and tires and a rear was not balanced correctly.
Doesn't pull... The steering wheel is where I feel the vibration but I'm pretty sure it's not the front tires. I don't even think I can hear the fronts!
It's likely shaking the whole truck and I'm just noticing it in the steering (when I take my hands off, it's vibrating)

Snowboarder777

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have vibration in steering wheel and seats on my 1st edition Bronco with the SAS and Goodyear tires on highway. Had them rebalanced and its still there. Dealer obviously didnt do road force on them but I know for sure from experience that they are out of round and need to be replaced. However I am dumping the goodyear tires next week and replacing them with BF goodrich KO2 tires.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I have vibration in steering wheel and seats on my 1st edition Bronco with the SAS and Goodyear tires on highway. Had them rebalanced and its still there. Dealer obviously didnt do road force on them but I know for sure from experience that they are out of round and need to be replaced. However I am dumping the goodyear tires next week and replacing them with BF goodrich KO2 tires.
I think most dealers aren't able to do road force testing... But I'd push the matter. Get some new Goodyears to sell before upgrading!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You rotate and rebalance the tires yet? On the knobbies I like to rotate every 3k or you get the whomp whomp vibrations.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You rotate and rebalance the tires yet? On the knobbies I like to rotate every 3k or you get the whomp whomp vibrations.
10,000km....no rotation. It was whomp whomping on day 1.
I will rotate them soon, after the dealer inspects them.

Sponsored

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This might be a dumb question but never hurts to ask the obvious... Any difference with windows closed or open? Iā€™ve had a few vehicles where if I cracked the window just right it would create a reverb that would drive me nuts.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Squatch is known for his beautiful singing voice. šŸ¤”

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be a dumb question but never hurts to ask the obvious... Any difference with windows closed or open? Iā€™ve had a few vehicles where if I cracked the window just right it would create a reverb that would drive me nuts.
I've only recently had the windows open... Nah, that ain't it. But I know what you're talking about.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Squatch is known for his beautiful singing voice. šŸ¤”
I was trained by the very famous singer Yoko Ono, so...

@WuNgUn -care to post a vid and let all the armchair mechanics wax diabetic about what it might be, but probably isn't?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was trained by the very famous singer Yoko Ono, so...

@WuNgUn -care to post a vid and let all the armchair mechanics wax diabetic about what it might be, but probably isn't?
Sure, I'll try!
Leaving work in 5. Hang on....
Sponsored