Sponsored

Squatch tire pressure based on real world miles?

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

**update 2**
After another 1800 (4,000 miles total) miles at 40 PSI the "low pressure" wear did correct quite a bit, noise has reduced and the steering wheel vibration has decreased a bit. The ride is obviously a bit more harsh, but there's always a compromise right?

I will say these have excellent wet traction and almost no hydroplanning/puddle steer. We drove through some pretty torrential wind/rain and I felt very confident in the way they handled it at highway speeds.

***update***
Ive been running 37 psi for roughly 1200 miles on these Goodyear 35ā€™s. I can now feel vibration in the wheel, heat more noise, and visibly see they are wearing in an ā€œunder inflated ā€œ pattern. Iā€™m going back up to 40 psi to see if they will even out. I just had the first oil change and rotation done. Looks like Iā€™ll get my KO2ā€™s earlier than anticipated, these things suck.

Those of you lucky enough to have put miles on your Squatches, what are you running tire pressure at? Can you tell any wear patterns yet? Had you made adjustments? Iā€™m at 42 psi with 27 miles on the odometerā€¦..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the FordPass app, where it shows your live tire pressure, 39 is recommended. So I keep it there unless aired down to about 19.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at 5500 mi. Tire pressure at 40psi. Without detailed measuring, the wear looks pretty even side to side but the rear definately looks more worn than the front.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do the chalk test on your tires and you'll be amazed. The recommended tire pressure is for when max loaded. higher tire psi will get somewhat better mileage but will wear faster and possible uneven. On my 16 dodge 2500 I ran 37in tires at around 36 front and rear at 28. Just YouTube tire chalk test and try it out

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a Squatch but my BL with 33r17's I keep at 33psi. When I eventually slap on some 37's I will probably run them at 30-32psi.
My Jeep with 35r17's are at 32psi,
My F150 with 275/65/r20 (call 'em 34.5's) that sees about 350 highway miles per week is at 36psi. I run Nitto Terra Grappler G2's that currently have over over 45k miles on them and look good for another 10k at minimum. I also rotate every 5k and psi's are when warm and not at start-up.

42psi seems way to high and bouncy and, as pointed out, should only be aired up that high when carrying a lot of weight.

OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all.

Iā€˜m gonna drop about 5 psi and start there. I would never buy Wranglers on purpose, I know these things will need lots of TLC to keep them flat and wearing evenly. Iā€™ve run Duratrac 35s on an LJ, I think around 30 psi with decent wear.

i will swap out for KO2ā€™s at some point. Iā€˜ve had excellent wear and low noise over 50k miles for 3 sets on my F150 With regular rotations.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me the KO2s are getting the boot as soon as i get home with the Bronco, i'm a Cooper fan boy, lol. Ran STT Pros 35s, now on 34s STT Max ( less aggressive MT )

Deleted member 3063

Iā€˜m gonna drop about 5 psi and start there. I would never buy Wranglers on purpose, I know these things will need lots of TLC to keep them flat and wearing evenly.
interesting, would you mind relating what those problem wranglers were used on?

Serious question.

OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting, would you mind relating what those problem wranglers were used on?

Serious question.
On 2 different F 150ā€˜s and one 2006 Jeep I found the wet traction terrible, they cupped horribly even with 3,000 mile rotations, and the compound was very soft so life sucked. I havenā€™t had any experience in the last 5 years, so maybe these will be better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me the KO2s are getting the boot as soon as i get home with the Bronco, i'm a Cooper fan boy, lol. Ran STT Pros 35s, now on 34s STT Max ( less aggressive MT )
What model comes with BFG KO2ā€™s? I thought they all have rebadged Goodyear wrangler type tires.

OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive got 1600 miles on it, came from factory/dealer at about 42 which seemed high but kept it until I aired down the first time off road - never gone under 23 cause I am impatient, has been sufficient and I wasn't doing heavy rock crawling either time.

I put have been running at 38 since.

My mileage was 13-15mpg when it was 42, now at 38, and whether i'm in normal or eco, with cruise control on the highway or not.

I have the 2.7 tho.
Sponsored