First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw some press that Ford will be offering the Sasquatch Package with the manual but it is still not an option on the B&P. Does anyone know when that will go live? Will it happen in time for our December order window? Also, related topic but I'm not sold that I NEED the 'squelch as I'm planning on getting a Badlands with is available with the 33"s. Thoughts on how helpful the 'Squatch package will actually be vs just looking cooler?
(https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34094734/ford-bronco-manual-transmission-sasquatch/)
Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, I've only been lurking for a few days and this is my first post. I've looked for this information but couldn't find it, so if its annoyingly repetitive I apologize, and could I please be pointed to where I can find the info?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find the longest thread and eventually it will be covered...LOL!!!

Badlands IS Squatch suspension and driveline.
minus 35's for 33's
minus beadlocks
plus sway bar disconnect

The Squatch suspension has a taller bumpstop to limit the upward travel in order to keep the bigger tires out of the sheetmetal.

Many are just getting the Badlands straight up....33's are a damn good size tire for every type of driving. NOt that the 35's would not be, but some have concerns they are too hardcore offroady.

They stste they will not put ManSquatch on the B&P until it is available.
Nobody has any idea how that will effect ordering in December, especially for early reservation holders.
There will be far more information available here than at your dealer....typically. If you're here, you will soon know more than them, guarantee it.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find the longest thread and eventually it will be covered...LOL!!!

Badlands IS Squatch suspension and driveline.
minus 35's for 33's
minus beadlocks
plus sway bar disconnect

The Squatch suspension has a taller bumpstop to limit the upward travel in order to keep the bigger tires out of the sheetmetal.

Many are just getting the Badlands straight up....33's are a damn good size tire for every type of driving. NOt that the 35's would not be, but some have concerns they are too hardcore offroady.

They stste they will not put ManSquatch on the B&P until it is available.
Nobody has any idea how that will effect ordering in December, especially for early reservation holders.
There will be far more information available here than at your dealer....typically. If you're here, you will soon know more than them, guarantee it.
Right on, I appreciate your reply. I didn't realize that the only mechanical difference between the Badlands and Sasquatch suspensions was wheels and tires, that makes me feel better. I'm sure I'll be good with 33's, cheaper to replace too. Thanks again, I'll stick around, I've already learned a lot

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a .2" wedge in there I think and a bump stop extension on squatch over Badlands. I'm just hinging the BL plan on if I can get a monthly payment at or below $600 one way or the other. If not maybe basesquatch or BD and do mods as I can.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a .2" wedge in there I think and a bump stop extension on squatch over Badlands. I'm just hinging the BL plan on if I can get a monthly payment at or below $600 one way or the other. If not maybe basesquatch or BD and do mods as I can.
So in the spirit of that I could just roll with the 33"s till they need to be replaced, and then upgrade to 35"s and add the bump stop extensions and I would basically have the Sasquatch setup? seems kind of like a no brainer, but part of me still wants the bigger tires out of the gate if I can afford it.

Sponsored

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT Mansquatch please just dew it!!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw some press that Ford will be offering the Sasquatch Package with the manual but it is still not an option on the B&P. Does anyone know when that will go live? Will it happen in time for our December order window? Also, related topic but I'm not sold that I NEED the 'squelch as I'm planning on getting a Badlands with is available with the 33"s. Thoughts on how helpful the 'Squatch package will actually be vs just looking cooler?
(https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34094734/ford-bronco-manual-transmission-sasquatch/)
Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, I've only been lurking for a few days and this is my first post. I've looked for this information but couldn't find it, so if its annoyingly repetitive I apologize, and could I please be pointed to where I can find the info?
I'm Badlands 33" - no Squatch! It'll have 4cm more suspension travel than Squatch. Optional beadlock rims in Badlands look amazing!

You will have to tell your chosen dealer you want manual Sasquatch if you go that route. They will know how to order that come December. Your order and reservation position will be on hold until that option becomes available, then they'll update your order. When this happens is anyone's guess, but you'll keep your position in line.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm Badlands 33" - no Squatch! It'll have 4cm more suspension travel than Squatch. Optional beadlock rims in Badlands look amazing!

You will have to tell your chosen dealer you want manual Sasquatch if you go that route. They will know how to order that come December. Your order and reservation position will be on hold until that option becomes available, then they'll update your order. When this happens is anyone's guess, but you'll keep your position in line.
the more I ponder it the more I think I'll stick with the 33"s, I just wish there were more photos floating around of non squatched Badlands though, to give me more confidence in the aesthetics of it (shallow, I know). Did you you go back and forth on it too or have you been sold on the 33"s all along?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
the more I ponder it the more I think I'll stick with the 33"s, I just wish there were more photos floating around of non squatched Badlands though, to give me more confidence in the aesthetics of it (shallow, I know). Did you you go back and forth on it too or have you been sold on the 33"s all along?
I've never seriously considered 35s. I don't crawl over boulders and Badlands with 33s is way overkill for what I'll do with it. I will drive 98% on road and 35s will be slower, brake worse, have worse gas mileage, be louder and handle worse than smaller tires. All the Badlands pictured here are 33's with the optional ($995) Badlands beadlock rims w/carbonized grey beauty rings. I think they're killer and match the carbonized grey Badlands grille perfectly. 33s are big, aggressive tires although reading this forum, you'll start believing they're tiny.

If I were considering Sasquatch w/35s, I'd really be concerned about suspension travel. Badlands w/33s have 4cm MORE travel than Squatch w 35s. Not much room for Squatch to move around! That's okay for slow rock crawling, but out running at high speeds in the desert, it doesn't seem like enough. I believe this is precisely why Ford is developing the Warthog. That beast is going to have big suspension and travel for 35s or 37s to move. Sasquatch simply doesn't cut it and Ford knows this. Maybe this is why they have so far refused to give us specifications on Badlands or Sasquatch suspensions. Once people see the specs, they will realize Squatch doesn't have enough travel.

Ford Bronco 'Squatch with manual still not on B&P? white 4dr Badlands better
Ford Bronco 'Squatch with manual still not on B&P? red badlands
Ford Bronco 'Squatch with manual still not on B&P? black badlands

Sponsored

AreYouDone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Old Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never seriously considered 35s. I don't crawl over boulders and Badlands with 33s is way overkill for what I'll do with it. I will drive 98% on road and 35s will be slower, brake worse, have worse gas mileage, be louder and handle worse than smaller tires. All the Badlands pictured here are 33's with the optional ($995) Badlands beadlock rims w/carbonized grey beauty rings. I think they're killer and match the carbonized grey Badlands grille perfectly. 33s are big, aggressive tires although reading this forum, you'll start believing they're tiny.

If I were considering Sasquatch w/35s, I'd really be concerned about suspension travel. Badlands w/33s have 4cm MORE travel than Squatch w 35s. Not much room for Squatch to move around! That's okay for slow rock crawling, but out running at high speeds in the desert, it doesn't seem like enough. I believe this is precisely why Ford is developing the Warthog. That beast is going to have big suspension and travel for 35s or 37s to move. Sasquatch simply doesn't cut it and Ford knows this. Maybe this is why they have so far refused to give us specifications on Badlands or Sasquatch suspensions. Once people see the specs, they will realize Squatch doesn't have enough travel.

Ford Bronco 'Squatch with manual still not on B&P? black badlands
That vehicle right there is exactly what I want. That isn't squatch? Please spoon feed me the options I need to select in order to take delivery of that Badlands right there.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That vehicle right there is exactly what I want. That isn't squatch? Please spoon feed me the options I need to select in order to take delivery of that Badlands right there.
Badlands with optional rims ($995). Obligatory imo. They also have optional MT tires for $695. I'm not getting those tires although they look great. Add the MIC top and you've got what you see. Voila!

AreYouDone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Old Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands with optional rims ($995). Obligatory imo. They also have optional MT tires for $695. I'm not getting those tires although they look great. Add the MIC top and you've got what you see. Voila!
Solid copy, thank you sir. Now I just need to see a non-squatched badlands next to a squatched badlands. I am sure that is somewhere by now.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Cheshire thanks for the pics man that is super helpful, and you're right, I think I've been letting myself buy into the hype around here... more suspension travel seems more desirable for sure. Also great points on the upcoming Warthog, that makes a lot of sense. I"m going to go with the 33"s and put those extra dollars into some accessories.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be added to B&P at a later date. If you’re already getting a manual Badlands and don’t want to wait for Mansquatch which realistically may not come in until mid 2022, go for it. You can always add 35s later.....after the first Squatch pulls up next to you and you realize how much better 35s look. Easy upgrade for a non Squatch badlands. I have a 4dr Badlands reservation but decided to drop down to a 2door Basemansquatch and wait because if I’m driving around in an “overkill” Bronco, might as well spend $15k less, especially since I don’t need the vinyl seats, rubber floors, front disco, mid package and cosmetic appointments.
Sponsored