Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See page 2 of attached Prelim Tech Specs pdf. Suspension travel is listed under 'Off Road Capability' in the Chassis section.
is that in mm?
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know if the sasquatch has the same suspension as the stock Badlands with 33's. Difference being wheels and tires and fender flares?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the sasquatch has the same suspension as the stock Badlands with 33's. Difference being wheels and tires and fender flares?
AFAIK it's a different suspension

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See page 2 of attached Prelim Tech Specs pdf. Suspension travel is listed under 'Off Road Capability' in the Chassis section.
That's only comparing Base to Badlands. I can't see anything where it's comparing Badlands to BL with Sasquatch.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's only comparing Base to Badlands. I can't see anything where it's comparing Badlands to BL with Sasquatch.
You won't find anything. Ford is being tight lipped about this. I think it's safe to assume that Squatch travel is the same as Base and the other trims besides BL. There simply isn't enough room for those 35s to move around. The Warthog will take care of this with entirely new suspension and longer travel.

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've never seriously considered 35s. I don't crawl over boulders and Badlands with 33s is way overkill for what I'll do with it. I will drive 98% on road and 35s will be slower, brake worse, have worse gas mileage, be louder and handle worse than smaller tires. All the Badlands pictured here are 33's with the optional ($995) Badlands beadlock rims w/carbonized grey beauty rings. I think they're killer and match the carbonized grey Badlands grille perfectly. 33s are big, aggressive tires although reading this forum, you'll start believing they're tiny.
While I'd probably rather have the 33s than the 35s, and don't doubt Badlands is probably a better balanced package for my tastes, I still find a Squatch'ed Base or BB gets me the mechanicals I want at a lower entry price than a non-Squatched BL.

Guess I'll have to hope I can find a set of 33" take-offs at some point in time.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
awesome, you are full of useful info lol

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands with optional rims ($995). Obligatory imo. They also have optional MT tires for $695. I'm not getting those tires although they look great. Add the MIC top and you've got what you see. Voila!
Wheels are $700 up here but the tires are $1595.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These look good but this CO badlands looks like it has too much space in the wheel wells. Maybe it has a small lift:

1604720022295.png
it might be one of the mules without an engine

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's safe to assume that Squatch travel is the same as Base and the other trims besides BL.
i'm not sure that's a safe assumption to make

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
i'm not sure that's a safe assumption to make
Base___: 200/215 - 7.87/8.46
Badlands: 240/261 - 9.45/10.28

Ford's suspension travel for front/rear in mm and converted to inches. Difference in inches is 1.58/1.83.

Squatch tire diameter is roughly 2" longer than Badlands. Squatch would have to be lifted relative to Badlands enough to compensate for the 2" extra tire diameter to maintain the same travel as Badlands.

I have seen nothing from Ford indicating they have done this, but if you have please show me. Until Ford shows actual specs it's all guesswork, but I'm holding my assumption. What travel do you assume Squatch will have?

Questions I have: Will a Squatched Badlands have different travel than a Squatched Base? Do Badlands and Squatched Badlands have different travel?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base___: 200/215 - 7.87/8.46
Badlands: 240/261 - 9.45/10.28

Ford's suspension travel for front/rear in mm and converted to inches. Difference in inches is 1.58/1.83.

Squatch tire diameter is roughly 2" longer than Badlands. Squatch would have to be lifted relative to Badlands enough to compensate for the 2" extra tire diameter to maintain the same travel as Badlands.

I have seen nothing from Ford indicating they have done this, but if you have please show me. Until Ford shows actual specs it's all guesswork, but I'm holding my assumption. What travel do you assume Squatch will have?

Questions I have: Will a Squatched Badlands have different travel than a Squatched Base? Do Badlands and Squatched Badlands have different travel?
I understand the rationale for 1 inch, but not 2 inches for the ‘squatch when starting from a badlands suspension. At least one ford spokescreature has stated stiffer springs in the ‘squat but otherwise identical to badlands suspension.
Sponsored