Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone notice this piece under the roll bar being loose and not fully secure with the other connecting pieces? I think this is where I have some squeaking coming from. There is also a plastic screw that says “Accessories Here” and it’s barely intact.

B5CDF201-7F8E-4C29-B305-1C69DDAF0393.jpeg

206009EE-3520-4795-9E9D-613CEF5B4A91.jpeg
Sponsored

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the exact same squeak, almost sounds like a piece of styrofoam in the rear.

ccdc15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes that’s exactly how I’d describe it as well
Me too - driving me crazy. It’s sounds like styrofoam rubbing together and is worse when I have soft top folded back once. I would love to know how to fix it.

Sponsored

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone ever find the source or fox for this. I have it as well and have just assumed it was my cargo security drawer.

I ended up finding this thread trying to figure out what that rear "Accessory Ready" plastic screw is actually for.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ha!!! I had been wondering about this same type of squeak and had not come across this thread. Like another poster here, only hear it when driving on some very potholed roads or bumps. Thanks @dclark127 for finding this thread and bringing it back to life. It hasn't been a priority to hunt down and try solutions but seeing others have experienced similar, it's got me wondering if there is a quick fix?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve torn that area apart and can assure you there is no styrofoam in there lol. All that’s under there is the side curtain airbags and the air tank for them. Plus the GPS/sat radio module.

I have fixed way too many squeaks and rattles in my Bronco. My go to method for finding them is having the wife drive down the worst road in town while I crawl around and listen, press, kick, and cuss. I’m squeak/rattle free, until the next one pops up. I can tell you sometimes they are tricky, you would swear it’s the tailgate but it’s the hinge on the back seat for example.

Interestingly I do not have a plastic screw in that accessory hole, it’s just a hole on mine.

Best naked photos I’ve got of that area, sorry. Maybe it’s one of the many fasteners holding the airbag assembly. That one I used for the ground point was very loose, not even finger tight.
Ford Bronco Squeaking coming from roll bar area 9E0F6267-8CD1-4D3F-BBBF-9A7303F3214F
Ford Bronco Squeaking coming from roll bar area B76F91F9-9D5B-40DE-95E8-2A454D55975C

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone notice this piece under the roll bar being loose and not fully secure with the other connecting pieces? I think this is where I have some squeaking coming from. There is also a plastic screw that says “Accessories Here” and it’s barely intact.

Ford Bronco Squeaking coming from roll bar area B76F91F9-9D5B-40DE-95E8-2A454D55975C

Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!
Hey Ford - so awesome to have you reply. I'm not the original poster on this thread but what kind of further information would be helpful. A video with sound?

Sponsored

ajgianni

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond 2.3l Manual - Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Commenting for visibility. The squeak is driving me nuts! 4 door soft top here. Mine is so bad it happens during pretty much any driving vibration and especially bad going over bumps or train tracks. Please help!

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything come of this? Horrible squeaking continues.

OP
OP

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still need to take a video and reply to @Ford Motor Company , I noticed it’s only happening on warmer days, so just need to get my wife to drive with me on a warm day so I can record it.

LadyLiz

Big Bend
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey! Find anything on this? I’m about to stick a sharp object in my ears so I don’t hear this anymore
Sponsored