Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're currently waiting to confirm the fitment of our SS3 LED fog light kit for the Capable Bumper included on the 2022 Ford Bronco.

John C.
Diode Dynamics
The Capable bumper looks like the same as the plastic bumper, only made from steel. I doubt these kits will work on that, at least the triple fog kit. The single SS3 kit MIGHT fit in there, as long as they didn't change mounting holes (hopefully not).
Sponsored

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would it be possible to get the ditch light kit in the driving optic to use as road legal aux high beams (backroad deer finders)? Is that a good or bad idea? Would I have to piece that together myself

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. So looks like the Pro and Max driving pattern is not road legal due to output, but the Sports are? What do you think about the plan to use these as supplemental high beams then? I may then double them up with one of the little side lights... is there a two-circuit harness?
Well for A-Pillars none of them are really "road legal" because of how high up they are. The output in Sport/Pro/Max are street legal in the SAE Fog pattern, BUT because they are mounted up high above your headlights, they are not legal for road-use.

SAE Fog is available in a Sport/Pro/Max
SAE Driving is only available in Sport/Pro (in Max it's just called "Driving" as it loses the SAE rating)

For a-pillars you want a spot or combo light. Those typically work best.

For supplemental high beams... ehh COULD work, but might not. It's high up again, best to go with a fog kit with some really bright lighting as supplemental high beam lighting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well for A-Pillars none of them are really "road legal" because of how high up they are. The output in Sport/Pro/Max are street legal in the SAE Fog pattern, BUT because they are mounted up high above your headlights, they are not legal for road-use.

SAE Fog is available in a Sport/Pro/Max
SAE Driving is only available in Sport/Pro (in Max it's just called "Driving" as it loses the SAE rating)

For a-pillars you want a spot or combo light. Those typically work best.

For supplemental high beams... ehh COULD work, but might not. It's high up again, best to go with a fog kit with some really bright lighting as supplemental high beam lighting.
Thank you, that was my question... too high to try that. I have another question on another thread... I am getting a Base model and I think what I really want is Max fogs in the bumper (yellow best?). This as you suggest should meet the need to see a lot of stuff on the sides and down the road legally. My bumper will not have the holes on the covers and I am not sure what will be behind there for mounting, so not sure the OEM upgrade kit for the Base works. Also am not sure on a proper method to make the hole in the bumper cover, a little scary to do. Anyone with documented experience doing this on a base yet? Anything in the works to make that easy? Would flush mounting on the cover be better than trying to make a presentable hole there? Could the lights be aimed doing that?

Then I'll get the combo ditch lights like those should be. Thanks for your help.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you, that was my question... too high to try that. I have another question on another thread... I am getting a Base model and I think what I really want is Max fogs in the bumper (yellow best?). This as you suggest should meet the need to see a lot of stuff on the sides and down the road legally. My bumper will not have the holes on the covers and I am not sure what will be behind there for mounting, so not sure the OEM upgrade kit for the Base works. Also am not sure on a proper method to make the hole in the bumper cover, a little scary to do. Anyone with documented experience doing this on a base yet? Anything in the works to make that easy? Would flush mounting on the cover be better than trying to make a presentable hole there? Could the lights be aimed doing that?

Then I'll get the combo ditch lights like those should be. Thanks for your help.
I run 2 pairs of Max and an SSC2 Pro on my own truck, but I have the steel bumper.

In your case, there might be a cover that just pops out but there may not be a wiring harness for you to plug into. That's the big question I've seen folks raise right now. For those with the plastic bumper who DID NOT opt for factory fogs, is there a wiring harness left there? Not sure to be honest.

This would be the kit for the plastic bumper though: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ght-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-standard-bumper/

And yes, Max SAE Yellow if you want a yellow output. Or Max SAE White for the white output.

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I run 2 pairs of Max and an SSC2 Pro on my own truck, but I have the steel bumper.

In your case, there might be a cover that just pops out but there may not be a wiring harness for you to plug into. That's the big question I've seen folks raise right now. For those with the plastic bumper who DID NOT opt for factory fogs, is there a wiring harness left there? Not sure to be honest.

This would be the kit for the plastic bumper though: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ght-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-standard-bumper/

And yes, Max SAE Yellow if you want a yellow output. Or Max SAE White for the white output.
This is the only video I've found that actually shows someone removing the plastic bumper and it shows the covers and light attachment pretty well. Starts at 3 minute mark:

Thus one has the fog lights. Looks like you actually have to remove the bumper and not just the covers to get at the mounts. The harness is a pigtail that plugs in to another spot on the corner of the truck. I'd say during assembly the whole assembly has the fogs already on it to plug and put on so I'd assume that wire in the bumper is not there on the Base. Would use an upfitter switch for this (in another thread folks are figuring out the OEM switch and Forscan though). Looks like I could install the lights and the plastic cover over top, and maybe could trace the back side of the cover from the back to mark where to cut the hole. Sure would like to see someone document an attempt at that for a Base.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the only video I've found that actually shows someone removing the plastic bumper and it shows the covers and light attachment pretty well. Starts at 3 minute mark:

Thus one has the fog lights. Looks like you actually have to remove the bumper and not just the covers to get at the mounts. The harness is a pigtail that plugs in to another spot on the corner of the truck. I'd say during assembly the whole assembly has the fogs already on it to plug and put on so I'd assume that wire in the bumper is not there on the Base. Would use an upfitter switch for this (in another thread folks are figuring out the OEM switch and Forscan though). Looks like I could install the lights and the plastic cover over top, and maybe could trace the back side of the cover from the back to mark where to cut the hole. Sure would like to see someone document an attempt at that for a Base.

Well I'd like to imagine you could remove the "cover" on a base without factory fogs. But the wiring might not be there, as is the case from what i've heard. You may also not have a switch for it inside either.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine yesterday.,.I spent more time zip-tying the lines than anything else..It was an incredibly easy install and WOW! B R I G H T!!!
SS3 Pro kit in amber.
Ford Bronco SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Bronco! Bolts on to Accessory Ready mounting points! DD

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed mine yesterday.,.I spent more time zip-tying the lines than anything else..It was an incredibly easy install and WOW! B R I G H T!!!
SS3 Pro kit in amber.
Ford Bronco SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Bronco! Bolts on to Accessory Ready mounting points! DD
LOL Seriously me too! I've installed a LOT of lights in my time and have to say, the easiest was on the Bronco.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SS3 Pro kit in amber.
DD.jpg
Beautiful Bronco! We're glad to hear you're loving your SS3 Pro LED Ditch Light Kit, Jaime!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
KFv8bbK.jpg

Now’s the time to upgrade your ride! Our Black Friday Sale is going on NOW! Save 15% sitewide, including our new Stage Series Bronco LED Products, by entering coupon code “BF21” at checkout! And, all orders over $500 will receive a free Diode Dynamics long sleeve shirt! Sale ends Tuesday, 11/30/2021.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 11/30/2021.
Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.
Sponsored