First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm interested in adding pod/ditch lights and I'm torn between the SS3 and SS5. I've never seen them in person and don't know if the 3" are too small or the 5" too big. I'd lean towards the 5" but it may be overkill. This is my daily driver so I'm somewhat concerned with noise if one is louder than the other.

What would everyone advise? Any comments on glare off the hood with these?

Also I have a Wildtrak with the standard bumper and stock fogs. I'm looking at the SS3 fog kit for this bumper, but what would I gain? Is their performance better in the fog and heavy storms? Are they too bright for oncoming traffic? I've seen the YouTube video but it's tough to compare to the standard.

Between the existing fog switch and the AUX switches I'll be doing the install myself
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm interested in adding pod/ditch lights and I'm torn between the SS3 and SS5. I've never seen them in person and don't know if the 3" are too small or the 5" too big. I'd lean towards the 5" but it may be overkill. This is my daily driver so I'm somewhat concerned with noise if one is louder than the other.

Also I have a Wildtrak with the standard bumper and stock fogs. I'm looking at the SS3 fog kit for this bumper, but what would I gain? Is their performance better in the fog and heavy storms? Are they too bright for oncoming traffic? I've seen the YouTube video but it's tough to compare to the standard.

Between the existing fog switch and the AUX switches I'll be doing the install myself
I’d like to know this as well once I take delivery this prob will be one of the first things I do I want the Baja designs pocket lights for the modular front bumper too

Last edited:

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just installed the Diode Dynamics Stage Series SS3 combo, Pro. I can say I’m just going to rock these see no need for more lights. These are plenty IMHO. Also my DD.
Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog E22FDF95-E71D-470C-A5CC-CF9036D27A54

Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog 3D39DC7F-898E-4571-99D3-0AE05188BE14

Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog C6913CAA-4EFC-4BA5-A058-5E13C9DA28D3

Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog A2405BDC-A174-4CE6-A33E-44DABFF72823

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just installed the Diode Dynamics Stage Series SS3 combo, Pro. I can say I’m just going to rock these see no need for more lights. These are plenty IMHO. Also my DD.

Looks great

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Any wind noise or other observations?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the SS5 is definitely going to give you a lot more light but yes it MIGHT be overkill for what you want to do. You'll also have to wait a bit as they are not available for shipping yet. The 3" pods are by far the most popular we sell, for good reason.

You can get a LOT of light still from an SS3 if you go with the Max. I'd recommend either a SPOT or a COMBO pattern

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

For the fogs, you'll benefit from upgrading to the SS3 fog kit. It's a replacement for your current fog and it'll give you a lot more usable light. I'd say the Pro is a great setup for the fogs. The sport is great if price is a concern but the Pro just give you a lot more light

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ght-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-standard-bumper/

Not to mention they are 15% off right now at our website (www.4x4TruckLEDs.com)

As for wind noise, non-existant. You won't notice any wind noise at all.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How bad is the glare off of the hood? I want more light, haven't added anything yet and not sure if I really want the added expense of a new bumper to add lights to!

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How bad is the glare off of the hood? I want more light, haven't added anything yet and not sure if I really want the added expense of a new bumper to add lights to!
Not to bad I went and sighted/adjusted them in after install. It will obviously light up your fender but didn’t notice any glare.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just placed my order so I'll report back soon

SS3 PRO Combo Ditch lights(white)

SS3 PRO Fog (white)

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed the Yellow Pro SS3's inside my BD bumper. Made my own brackets and mounted one in each end of the bumper. They are bright AF, throwing way more light down the road then the factory LED headlight.

I pulled up about 20ft from the garage door and aimed them slightly below the headlight cutoff. Now that I think about it I probably need to aim down a bit more, since the mounting location is below the headlights.

Haven't used them in traffic yet, will be adjusting them some more tomorrow.

They are awesome, the main reason I got them is to light up the side of the roadway when turning. The light spread is good, with a sharp cut off.

The $30 OEM AUX wiring harness from DD makes installion super simply, just crimp the pos connector to the AUX wire, then slide the grond wire fitting under one of the factory ground straps.

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our TIR optics are going to limit hood glare compared to traditional reflector optics options on the market.

Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog FeaC9zG

Our SS3 Ditch Light Kit comes with our combo optic, however, our TIR optics are interchangeable if interested.

For example, our combo optic is going to combine flood for foreground lighting and driving for long-range. However, if you swap to a driving or spot optic you'll limit hood glare even more!

Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog 07Mat6n

Here is an example of the SSC2 LED pods with our driving optic installed with limited hood glare.

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our TIR optics are going to limit hood glare compared to traditional reflector optics options on the market.

Our SS3 Ditch Light Kit comes with our combo optic, however, our TIR optics are interchangeable if interested.

For example, our combo optic is going to combine flood for foreground lighting and driving for long-range. However, if you swap to a driving or spot optic you'll limit hood glare even more!

Here is an example of the SSC2 LED pods with our driving optic installed with limited hood glare.

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

John, I went went with white fogs. IF I decide I want to try amber/yellow and just swap the lens color, how close does that get to the effect(wavelength) of the true Amber LED?

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
John, I went went with white fogs. IF I decide I want to try amber/yellow and just swap the lens color, how close does that get to the effect(wavelength) of the true Amber LED?
We don't have the exact data on record at the moment. However, I have informed our engineering team about obtaining this information to have on file. It's estimated a color shift to 3400K from 3000K.

Ford Bronco SS3 vs SS5 and Ditch vs Fog FireShot Capture 767 - How to Swap the Lens on Your SS3 LED Pod - Diode Dynamics - YouTube_ -

I hope this information is helpful!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored