Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

what about those built after June? Mine was built in Oct, and that whistle is very much a thing. And it's not so much a whistle as it is just wind passing over a gap. Kinda like if you were blowing over a bottle. Unless it was worse? and what I'm hearing now is the actual fixed product?

I don't notice it as much lately because it's cold and the windows are up. But I was on the highway doing like 70, windows up, and it's f'n loud. Even my kids in the back seat were like what is that noise.
I went to Moab Off-Roadeo and on the way back to base we drove with the top down and the mirror whistling was like a demon screeching at you! Luckily I was listening to Nine Inch Nails on Lithium so it supplemented the sound to a degree! šŸ¤£
Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I guess this is one benefit to waiting 5 years for your Bronco. It wonā€™t whistle, it shouldnā€™t leak or pop, hopefully it wonā€™t blow up and hopefully someone paid way too much money will decide to move the hose for the radiator.
And your Bronco will hold value. With all the bad press I get the feeling once Ford fixes the issues and get QA under control people will avoid early used models like Covid. I know I would not buy a vehicle with a spotty record and running out warrantee. I will buy a Bronco but I bet some of the 120k 2.7 FEs will be going for 20k in five years.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to Moab Off-Roadeo and on the way back to base we drove with the top down and the mirror whistling was like a demon screeching at you! Luckily I was listening to Nine Inch Nails on Lithium so it supplemented the sound to a degree! šŸ¤£
Mirror like a hole?

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My mirror isn't whistling but the top panel of my MIC top on the passenger side sure does.

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My build date was 6/23. I have a whistling sound but I can't tell where it's coming from. I always assumed it was the soft top (have never owned a soft top). I read on this forum a while back apparently the hood was causing a whistling sound as well. I'll have to have my dealer look into it.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Call me one of the two then. Good grief, take it in and warranty it. How hard is it? You asked, you got your answerā€¦.or, spend away. Your choice.
I agree with this- do people purchasing brand-new broncos from dealers not know that it comes with a full, bumper to bumper warranty paid entirely for and covered by Ford Motor Company for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles? EVERYTHING is covered

Sponsored

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with this- do people purchasing brand-new broncos from dealers not know that it comes with a full, bumper to bumper warranty paid entirely for and covered by Ford Motor Company for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles? EVERYTHING is covered
I don't know about everyone else, but I know a lot of people my age don't put a lot of trust in warranties and dealerships in general. I take my newer cars to the dealer for maintenance but my older cars I do everything myself. I plan on putting my '22 warranty to use since I've never had a warranty on any of my cars. I know a couple modders who have been turned down for unrelated warranty claims (new exhaust voided a powertrain, etc.)
But also some people may not have realized that they do get a warranty with a new car usually. We humans like to make sure that other humans know we have complaints lol.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wishing I could enjoy my bronco singing on the road...1st world issue.
Regardless, I do understand a bit of whining about a $30K+ whistler. Have a drink and sing along?

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know about everyone else, but I know a lot of people my age don't put a lot of trust in warranties and dealerships in general. I take my newer cars to the dealer for maintenance but my older cars I do everything myself. I plan on putting my '22 warranty to use since I've never had a warranty on any of my cars. I know a couple modders who have been turned down for unrelated warranty claims (new exhaust voided a powertrain, etc.)
But also some people may not have realized that they do get a warranty with a new car usually. We humans like to make sure that other humans know we have complaints lol.
A brand-new, Ford product purchased from the dealer NEW comes STANDARD with a warranty automatically. Itā€™s not rocket-science! Why would anyone NOT let Ford fix and pay for it? Pure ignorance if they donā€™t.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A brand-new, Ford product purchased from the dealer NEW comes STANDARD with a warranty automatically. Itā€™s not rocket-science! Why would anyone NOT let Ford fix and pay for it? Pure ignorance if they donā€™t.
For sure but why are you so fired up about this? We all know theres far too many ignorant people out there LOL

Bfan

Base
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yesterday I had the updated mirror cap installed to eliminate the whistle. The replacement cap left a gap and still has a whistle. Service manager contacted Ford to come up with a solution.
Sponsored