redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Found this on FB. Didn't know if posted somewhere else so thought I should post like this. Healy is playing with the sta bar disco. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Admin. Front page

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wonder..
would an aftermarket manual disco offer more wheel drop than this set up. I've seen the mechanics on how this works hydraulically, just curious if it it still "limiting" travel at all?

OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder..
would an aftermarket manual disco offer more wheel drop than this set up. I've seen the mechanics on how this works hydraulically, just curious if it it still "limiting" travel at all?

I'm not an engineer but I would say ..... No. Manual or Hydro travel would be the same.

Anything Squatched would be limited 10MM for fender rub. The way I understand it.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder..
That's an awful lot of droop for an IFS. I'd start worrying about binding the CV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's an awful lot of droop for an IFS. I'd start worrying about binding the CV.

Have you seen the videos from Moab or the Rubi yet ??

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have you seen the videos from Moab or the Rubi yet ??
Of course. I wasn't saying the CVs would bind but going for much more droop than that would really start hitting the limit of what a CV can do. All evidence says they set up the suspension to maximize that travel while just avoiding that problem

OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course. I wasn't saying the CVs would bind but going for much more droop than that would really start hitting the limit of what a CV can do. All evidence says they set up the suspension to maximize that travel while just avoiding that problem

Yes it was discussed here months ago with engineers that worked on the project. Maximum wheel travel was the goal. More droop than up travel. Trying to maintain a better contact patch through out wheel travel. Lower COG with big tires. all kinds of techno stuff. (y)

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes it was discussed here months ago with engineers that worked on the project. Maximum wheel travel was the goal. More droop than up travel. Trying to maintain a better contact patch through out wheel travel. Lower COG with big tires. all kinds of techno stuff. (y)
I probably could have worded that better.
Understandable that this system would be designed within the context of maximum performance and safe drivetrain limits, but being a dedicated system, and hydraulically controlled, is it possible that completely disconnecting the standard bar would give more droop-at the risk of damage.

Is the limits of travel using this device the actual limits of the control arms/coilovers/bumpstops, or are safe limits of travel designed into the disco itself. To relate it to a different system, consider air ride suspension. It could be deflated to a "safe" psi controlled by a computer and lower the vehicle, but removing the bags completely would drop it more (though unsafe).

The only one's that truly know might just be the engineers involved in it's design, I'm mostly just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Understandable that this system would be designed within the context of maximum performance and safe drivetrain limits, but being a dedicated system, and hydraulically controlled, is it possible that completely disconnecting the standard bar would give more droop-at the risk of damage.

Is the limits of travel using this device the actual limits of the control arms/coilovers/bumpstops, or are safe limits of travel designed into the disco itself. To relate it to a different system, consider air ride suspension. It could be deflated to a "safe" psi controlled by a computer and lower the vehicle, but removing the bags completely would drop it more (though unsafe).

The only one's that truly know might just be the engineers involved in it's design, I'm mostly just thinking out loud.

Read through this thread, it is only 5 pages, but it you watch for teocalimg posts, he explains alot.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...uatch-package-for-my-hobbies.2151/#post-67467

Happy Trails (y) (y)

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s an interesting thought. Maybe not bind going straight but at full lock. The Toyota stock birfield is pretty strong until it gets into full lock and one tries to go backwards. Then BOOM. I’m sure there will be situations where this happens with the stock CV’s but that’s what the aftermarket is for.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As the engineers design the Bronco in 3D modeling they can tell the limits of safe travel. This would then be further validated by testing and update the design as needed. Once this is complete they understand the design margins and the safe limits they are willing to sign up for to stand behind it with a warranty.

Can it move further, perhaps, but then you risk breaking something. To some this is fine, the cost of using their Bronco how they want. But understand, you most likely will be denied warranty coverage for the broken parts or secondary effects.
Sponsored