Sponsored

Stand Alone Hard Tops for Sale? (OEM or Aftermarket)

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know what I am asking is going to be impossible for most people to have an answer too - however, this forum tends to have lots of inside info (I myself used to be one of those guys), so I figured its worth the time to ask.

Has anyone heard anything about when we will be able to buy Hard Tops? I mean, purchase just the hard top - so us soft top folks can upgrade.

Aftermarket or OEM, I don't particularly mind either or.

In regards to OEM, I worry it won't be for a LONG time..
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hounded my local dealerships, maybe 4 or 5, to see how much an OEM would be if I went soft top and bought one later down the line. It was all estimates, but the lowest price I was quoted was 2400 bucks.

I have been using jeeps as my example for everything because, well it's the closest we can consider. It seems 2k plus is the standard:

https://www.4wd.com/b/tops-accessories/jeep-hardtops/_/N-cleli
Well, Twill soft-tops for the 2 door are $1,700, so I guess it's not that bad. Yes, I am sticking with my 2-door hard top, but mostly as I will need rack rails and some kind of rack.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know what I am asking is going to be impossible for most people to have an answer too - however, this forum tends to have lots of inside info (I myself used to be one of those guys), so I figured its worth the time to ask.

Has anyone heard anything about when we will be able to buy Hard Tops? I mean, purchase just the hard top - so us soft top folks can upgrade.

Aftermarket or OEM, I don't particularly mind either or.

In regards to OEM, I worry it won't be for a LONG time..
I seem to remember when the whole media blitz happened regarding the press release on hard top 2.0 that individual orders for the new top separate of getting a vehicle was going to start taking place in mid to late 2022 was what I read about that. Maybe someone has the actual article piece that mentions this or it was buried in the original press release. Just going from memory.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I seem to remember when the whole media blitz happened regarding the press release on hard top 2.0 that individual orders for the new top separate of getting a vehicle was going to start taking place in mid to late 2022 was what I read about that. Maybe someone has the actual article piece that mentions this or it was buried in the original press release. Just going from memory.
Your memory is better than my memory of nothing. Late 2022 it is - ha.
Here is to hoping the aftermarket pumps one out sooner than that.

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know Advanced Fiberglass Concepts is working on one. I reached out to them on 10/18 asking that I be added to their list so that I can stay informed of the release time. They replied, quickly I might add, and said they are still expecting to be ready early 2022.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree re: long wait for OEM.......just don't see them having any excess inventory and wanting to coordinate shipping them on their own for a very long time

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let me know if you hear when we can get them and where.

Don’t even have my bronco yet… picking up next week (hopefully) but I’m gonna want to replace my soft top asap.

Hgsports

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know of companies planning to or currently offering after market hard tops for full size, 4 door Broncos?

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know of companies planning to or currently offering after market hard tops for full size, 4 door Broncos?
rallytops.com

they were needing a bronco with a hard top to use as a template last time I checked

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw this one on twitter, but their current website doesn't show it as of yet. They commented they are currently working on the 4 door, then the 2 door.

"Coming to a dealer near you! The all new #Ford #Bronco Adventure hardtop from #patriotfastbacks, this hardtop is insulated, has a built in LED lightbar and gives you more headroom. With it's steel imbedded mounting points, you can attach a roof rack, tent or any other accessory."

E-d_jvXVEAAwVnm.jpg

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw this on twitter. Though, I don't know anything about them - was looking for options.

"Coming to a dealer near you! The all new #Ford #Bronco Adventure hardtop from #patriotfastbacks, this hardtop is insulated, has a built in LED lightbar and gives you more headroom. With it's steel imbedded mounting points, you can attach a roof rack, tent or any other accessory."

E-d_jvXVEAAwVnm.jpg

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know any companies that can make OEM hard tops. Asking for a friend. @Ford Motor Company
So your friend is FoMoCo? Bring me a blank check and I can have the manufacturer of the first corvette bodies of 1953 (MFG) on board with proper gel coated fiberglass
Sponsored