Standard flares on Sasquatch - feedback and pics wanted

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am thinking hard about getting standard flares on my BL SAS. Concerned about rock chips but am thinking standard will do a sufficient job controlling this potential issue. I really like the old school look of no fenders but I realize that can really mess up your paint and others tailgating me. Any actual experience greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just ordered the extended flares for mine the rear stock flares are already getting pitted bad from rocks and soon it will be the paint Iā€™m assuming. I like the look of the stock ones better but I wonā€™t in a year or so when my paint or graphics are chipped.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just ordered the extended flares for mine the rear stock flares are already getting pitted bad from rocks and soon it will be the paint Iā€™m assuming. I like the look of the stock ones better but I wonā€™t in a year or so when my paint or graphics are chipped.
What part is pitted?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What part is pitted?
Iā€™m not OP but Iā€™ve seen pictures here on the forum of pitting on the rear fender flares. Rocks kicked up from the front tires will hit the rear flares and leave little pits.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
in my experience, running boards are the best defense against rock chips on the side of your vehicle. They work better than mud flaps/flares.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How about those that like to have fun off roading taking the doors/top off and not fā€™ing up the paint job on a 65k truck. Iā€™m not buying some used crappy jeep off road. Shouldnā€™t be terrible difficult for Ford or aftermarket to figure out a good looking product that will minimize damage while holding up over time. Plus I would guess most true off-roaders would take the flares off when they are actually off roading. Maybe Iā€™ll just take the doors and fenders off as well to keep them nice looking, sense they are sooo modularā€¦. šŸ˜‚

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I live in the bush so I would have a ton of your badges of honour but I think Iā€™ll stick with putting on the extended flares to keep my Bronco looking decent.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking hard about getting standard flares on my BL SAS. Concerned about rock chips but am thinking standard will do a sufficient job controlling this potential issue. I really like the old school look of no fenders but I realize that can really mess up your paint and others tailgating me. Any actual experience greatly appreciated.
You did a solid axle swap on your Bronco?? Cool....

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

About time someone else around here recognizes that SAS means solid axle swap!
That is why I've been using Squatch in lieu of SAS the whole time on the forum. They'll learn eventually, when folks start actually do SAS on Broncos.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jmax said:
There are two types of people who buy a Bronco. Those who want to show it and be noticed; those who want to use it for its intended purpose.

The Bronco was designed and built as an off road vehicle. Pits on the fender flares are a badge of honor.
How about those that like to have fun off roading taking the doors/top off and not fā€™ing up the paint job on a 65k truck. Iā€™m not buying some used crappy jeep off road. Shouldnā€™t be terrible difficult for Ford or aftermarket to figure out a good looking product that will minimize damage while holding up over time. Plus I would guess most true off-roaders would take the flares off when they are actually off roading. Maybe Iā€™ll just take the doors and fenders off as well to keep them nice looking, sense they are sooo modularā€¦. šŸ˜‚
None of my rides are perfect, and show some fun use....Seems to me you can have both- an experienced Bronco you ride hard and yet still fixing and repairing it to show you care. All my trucks show both experience and also are respectfully maintained.
Ride hard and count on Fixing Or Repairing Daily! No shame in that. Make it your Ford!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are two types of people who buy a Bronco. Those who want to show it and be noticed; those who want to use it for its intended purpose.

The Bronco was designed and built as an off road vehicle. Pits on the fender flares are a badge of honor.

None of my rides are perfect....Seems to me you can have both- an experienced Bronco you ride hard and still enjoy fixing and yet still repairing it to show you care. All my trucks show both experience and also are respectfully maintained.
Ride hard and count on Fixing Or Repairing Daily! No shame in that. Make it your Ford!
I hear you but the fact is this wasnā€™t built for hard core off roading, they wouldnā€™t sell enough because the market is too small. Fact is it is built for mass production for all to enjoy. I agree though, I have fun, I break, I repair. The one thing I donā€™t like is chips and stuff that my truck will rust sense this is being used for all. If I was just hard core off-roading I would buy base or something else and modify. I simply want it not to rust because I plan on holding onto this to hand down to my son in 6 years for his first ride.
Sponsored