Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Clubs

Fantastic photos! Thank you
Welcome, have to play with it more, and the video files are too big, but I got it to flash in patriotic colors as well.

Drive with it in orange, green and purple, cops don't even care, plus I don't have a front plate either (took it back off)

Advertisement

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
I want the LED Fog Lights and both the LED Headlamps with LED Signature Lighting and the LED Taillights. That is one reason that I am looking at the Big Bend - all three are available - for a cost of course. Fog lights are standard, signature lighting is optional, and BLIS is optional (and I understand that BLIS comes with the LED taillights).

Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Can you imagine doing one of those progressive, chase style directional on the LED taillights? Going around the light in a circle? That would be cool!

Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Clubs

Vinyl doesn't breath so feels even more uncomfortable than leather when it gets hot.
but perfect for winter and when you have the heated seats on

Last edited:

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
**HAVE UPDATED THIS INFO IN POST 29 BELOW, IT IS BLIS-CONTENT DEPENDENT**

This is consistent with Ford's taillights on the Ranger and their other new models.

Because the blind spot sensors and what-not are integrated in the taillight, you got the LED taillights if you had a trim level with the BLISS.

If you went with a base model that did not have that technology, you got the non-LED tail lights.

FYI: in the Ranger forums (The GF has a 2019 Ranger), the BLISS taillights have a MSRP of about $1,600 each. Sooooooo if you're a serious offroader, the base taillights will be preferable. Some people have reported being able to buy taillights off of wrecked Rangers for only about $1,000 each... And they have completely different wiring and are not compatible.
Sorry, but this doesn't sound correct according the literature that Ford has already put out.

Ford says the BLISS comes with the Mid Package, but the Badlands does not come with the Mid Package yet comes with Signature headlamps... So either the Badlands comes with a non Bliss version of the headlamps, or it gets BLISS because of what you are saying...

but if you look at the Ford literature, it spefically references where the Outer Banks get the BLISS, as well as Signature headlamps whereas the Badlands it makes no mention of Bliss, but says it gets the Signature headlamps...

Also, it's expensive to manufacture two different harnesses for the lights vs just make one harness that can be used for all lights...

My guess is that ALL trims will come with led lights, and if the BLISS is integrated in the headlamps (which I don't think it will be, I think it will be integrated in the rear view mirrors since those change with the mid package anyway whereas the lights do not), then the headlamps will change to include those that have the sensors....

Rogues Gambit

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Clubs

Oracle - they do have nice databases but their software....not so much.
I learned from experience I should of gone with Diode Dynamics.

Always the Bronco

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Sorry, but this doesn't sound correct according the literature that Ford has already put out.

Ford says the BLISS comes with the Mid Package, but the Badlands does not come with the Mid Package yet comes with Signature headlamps... So either the Badlands comes with a non Bliss version of the headlamps, or it gets BLISS because of what you are saying...

but if you look at the Ford literature, it spefically references where the Outer Banks get the BLISS, as well as Signature headlamps whereas the Badlands it makes no mention of Bliss, but says it gets the Signature headlamps...

Also, it's expensive to manufacture two different harnesses for the lights vs just make one harness that can be used for all lights...

My guess is that ALL trims will come with led lights, and if the BLISS is integrated in the headlamps (which I don't think it will be, I think it will be integrated in the rear view mirrors since those change with the mid package anyway whereas the lights do not), then the headlamps will change to include those that have the sensors....
Bliss appears to be stand alone on Badlands. Also the Bliss sensors are in the tail lights.

• Lane-Keeping System
  • BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

BLIS has nothing to do with the headlights.

Advertisement

Advertisement