Broncocito

Badlands
First Name
B
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150FX4 Roush
Whose else do ya recommend?
I have used deAutoLED for my TDI, but like the Diodes they are pricey. As for my Ford Lasfit and Diodes. My office is at 7700ft and I recommend high quality amber LED fogs.

Advertisement

Last edited:

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
Bliss appears to be stand alone on Badlands. Also the Bliss sensors are in the tail lights.

• Lane-Keeping System
  • BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert
I found that no where in any of the Ford literature....

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 10.50.29 PM.png

BLIS has nothing to do with the headlights.
I misspoke....I mean't tail lights...my bad :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I found that no where in any of the Ford literature....

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 10.50.29 PM.png

I misspoke....I mean't tail lights...my bad :)
It's under interior features options.
Optional
  • Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
  • Remote Start System Open image overlay for Remote Start System
  • Lane-Keeping System
  • Beverage holders, 8 total
  • Illuminated Sliding Visor Vanity Mirrors (Driver and Front Passenger)
  • Ambient Footwell Lighting

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Optional
  • Lane-Keeping System
Those are Mid Package options....which is exactly what I said....those are not standard

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Those are Mid Package options....which is exactly what I said....those are not standard
I suspect that may be the case. It doesn't say anything about mid package under the list of options, but reading between the lines your probably right.

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Clubs

There have been many an argument on this site due to the wording of "optional" that Ford has put out. Hopefully we'll know soon enough but like me, I think many agree instead of saying optional, they should have just put a little * by it with a statement below that says Included in the Optional Yada Package.

In other words... optional does not mean stand alone but in many cases simple means part of an optional package.

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Clubs

Oracle - they do have nice databases but their software....not so much.
Nah.. their databases suck. They are set up wierd, have the worse drivers, and defaults to case sensitive searching.

The only thing they have going for them in more Platforn variety. That's why many go with MS Sql or free versions of things like SqlAnywhere, post gre etc ;)

Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Nah.. their databases suck. They are set up wierd, have the worse drivers, and defaults to case sensitive searching.

The only thing they have going for them in more Platforn variety. That's why many go with MS Sql or free versions of things like SqlAnywhere, post gre etc ;)
Well, I was more of a semi-admin person back in another career.

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Non led taillights look so much cleaner imo mmmmmmm... Plus I won't mind changing a bulb a couple times if ever.

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
Sorry, but this doesn't sound correct according the literature that Ford has already put out.

Ford says the BLISS comes with the Mid Package, but the Badlands does not come with the Mid Package yet comes with Signature headlamps... So either the Badlands comes with a non Bliss version of the headlamps, or it gets BLISS because of what you are saying...

but if you look at the Ford literature, it spefically references where the Outer Banks get the BLISS, as well as Signature headlamps whereas the Badlands it makes no mention of Bliss, but says it gets the Signature headlamps...

Also, it's expensive to manufacture two different harnesses for the lights vs just make one harness that can be used for all lights...

My guess is that ALL trims will come with led lights, and if the BLISS is integrated in the headlamps (which I don't think it will be, I think it will be integrated in the rear view mirrors since those change with the mid package anyway whereas the lights do not), then the headlamps will change to include those that have the sensors....
Optional
  • Lane-Keeping System
Yes, this is going to be interesting. Ford has not been all that clear about the taillights and BLIS integration. It was much more up-front and transparent with Ranger pre-orders.

However, when Ranger pre-orders were happening, training, literature and internal conferences had already been had with the staff who did the pre-sales. We're currently before that point on the Bronco timeline which means that it may all be transparent and obvious once they push their internal product education.

And all that being said, and in looking at the close-up pics of taillights from the reveals i'm pretty confident it's going to work like this:

LED tail lamps = BLIS requirement (whatever package/trim/standalone that requires)

Bulb tail lamps = no BLIS, no cross-traffic, no back-up sensors (They seem to be integrated into the taillights and back-up genitalia)(Sorry, it looks like a dong sticking out from the spare tire).

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LED tail lamps = BLIS requirement (whatever package/trim/standalone that requires)

Bulb tail lamps = no BLIS, no cross-traffic, no back-up sensors (They seem to be integrated into the taillights and back-up genitalia)(Sorry, it looks like a dong sticking out from the spare tire).
If that was the case, how do you think they would handle the Badlands that is listed with Signature LED lighting standard but doesn't have BLISS standard?

Advertisement

Advertisement