Standard vs. Signature Lighting

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
If that was the case, how do you think they would handle the Badlands that is listed with Signature LED lighting standard but doesn't have BLISS standard?
"Signature LED Lighting", as far as I currently understand it, is the front headlights, not the rear taillights. I have not seen anything put out by ford which listed "signature" lighting to be a set or reference taillights at all. Was under the impression that's the fancy bar through the headlight being one unit.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
"Signature LED Lighting", as far as I currently understand it, is the front headlights, not the rear taillights. I have not seen anything put out by ford which listed "signature" lighting to be a set or reference taillights at all. Was under the impression that's the fancy bar through the headlight being one unit.
I mean, it does say "signature led headlamps" so you could be right in the fact that it 'only' includes the headlamps....

I think that would be really weird to have led headlamps and incandescent tail lamps lol... the other thing is you would think that they would list that as a Mid Package upgrade (LED tail lamps) if it only comes with the BLISS that comes with the Mid Package anyways.... it's like they are giving you an upgrade and not even listing it...

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
I mean, it does say "signature led headlamps" so you could be right in the fact that it 'only' includes the headlamps....

I think that would be really weird to have led headlamps and incandescent tail lamps lol... the other thing is you would think that they would list that as a Mid Package upgrade (LED tail lamps) if it only comes with the BLISS that comes with the Mid Package anyways.... it's like they are giving you an upgrade and not even listing it...
It's certainly as clear as most likely clarity might want to be.

Which is to say "it is not clear at this point".

Full disclosure: I do tend to assume that something is not true unless proven to be true. That they specifically said "signature LED headlamps" only means to me that the headlamps are LED, not taillights.

And that unless you have BLIS, you're getting incandescent bulb tail lights. For over a decade cars would have the HID headlights as an option and eventually standard, all the while tail lights were incandescent.

BLIS is pretty nice in the Ranger and the LED tails look good on Bronco. If I was planning on off-roading as a primary hobby, I would be apprehensive about BLIS tail lights due to cost of replacement as they stick out. As it will be just a side-hobby for me and something done a few times per year, i'd spring for the BLIS and roll the dice on needing replacements!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
The signature lighting is in the headlights. It starts with Outer banks. If you look at the fronts of the models, you'll notice the light tube extends in front of the headlamp. That's signature lighting.

Advertisement

Advertisement