Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been dragging my feet to get this started but finally got a little bit started. I have a 2021 Bronco Outer Banks Sas in AMB. Love the color and always get compliments on it, but I just can't leave it alone. Have a modern old school look I want to go after. Have Oracle lights primed as well as my Bronco emblem and script for fenders to get painted tonight. Going to match new grill and its color to the badges and sooner or later the wheels and the letters will be AMB to match body. With the Oracle back lit lights would you tie them in to an upfitter switch or to the trailer wiring so they come on with automatic headlights? I'm going back and forth on this.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220611_152523851

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220611_152108149

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220611_151059923

UPDATE JULY 15

Well today was the day that it all came together. Attached the letters after going through a couple resprays of the letters. Got all the wiring completed this morning and made sure the wires were as hidden as I could get them. I switched over all the hardware from original grill to the new one. All the clips come off and camera is mounted to a bracket that has the same mounting holes as original grill. Can't say that this works for all grills but it did for this application.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! pxl_20220715_154938176-

Wiring that I tried to hide as best as possible. You can see the mounting point for the camera on the left side of the "O" and the right side of the "R." All mounting hardware transferred fairly easily.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! pxl_20220715_214251371-

The camera housing is still black but doesn't bother me at this point.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! pxl_20220715_214306969-

The letters are from Oracle and are backlit in white. I will get a better picture tonight.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! pxl_20220715_214210861-

I think the finished product (for now) turned out like I thought in my head. On to the next part for the Bronco!

UPDATE ON THE BUILD 9/14:

Last week added to the Bronco a 3" Icon C/O spacer lift, Icon's Delta Pro UCA's. Put on Method 704 in Titanium and wrapped in a 37" BF Goodrich KO2. Had the wheels balanced and had an alignment done. It rides just as well as it did without the lift and really happy with how it turned out. Made a video of the installation of the lift that will be out soon and hopefully will help anyone else who wants to tackle it themselves. Definitely liked having the use of a two post lift, made the job easier.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220916_140906475

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220916_140916891

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220916_140922944

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220916_140939902

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220916_141007849

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220916_141035412
Sponsored

Last edited:

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that the Raptor Grille?

I've got an OBX and am looking to put the Black Diamond (Matte Black) grille on mine. Went with the Black Bronco Emblem.

OP
OP
monkeysdad

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that the Raptor Grille?

I've got an OBX and am looking to put the Black Diamond (Matte Black) grille on mine. Went with the Black Bronco Emblem.
By what I understand through threads on B6G this is the heritage grill as the Raptor grill has large embossed FORD where these are smaller letters but not yet available thats why I went to Oracle for their individual letters. There was a small run and was able to come up with one through my local dealer.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish they made the O and the D look a little more different, even if that means departing from the true font a little bit

OP
OP
monkeysdad

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish they made the O and the D look a little more different, even if that means departing from the true font a little bit
Agree! They look pretty much identical. The D is a little bit less rounded off on the left side but that is the only difference I can see.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree! They look pretty much identical. The D is a little bit less rounded off on the left side but that is the only difference I can see.
BTW that is a pretty big score getting your hands on a heritage grille. That is the first real one I have seen. What is the part number on that?

Sponsored
OP
OP
monkeysdad

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well today was the day that it all came together. Attached the letters after going through a couple resprays of the letters. Got all the wiring completed this morning and made sure the wires were as hidden as I could get them. I switched over all the hardware from original grill to the new one. All the clips come off and camera is mounted to a bracket that has the same mounting holes as original grill. Can't say that this works for all grills but it did for this application.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220715_154938176

Wiring that I tried to hide as best as possible. You can see the mounting point for the camera on the left side of the "O" and the right side of the "R." All mounting hardware transferred fairly easily.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220715_214251371

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220715_214306969

The letters are from Oracle and are backlit in white. I will get a better picture tonight.

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220715_214210861

I think the finished product (for now) turned out like I thought in my head. On to the next part for the Bronco!

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Custom Heritage Grill in Solar Silver + Oracle letter lights added to my Bronco! PXL_20220715_214210861

How did you hook up the power? I just put diode dynamic elite fog lights in mine and did a T Tap into the headlight wire and it was supper easy and backlighting comes right on. The diode dynamic elite install video shows the wires to t tap into you. Super easy I'm going to do any future backlighting the same way and won't use any aux switches...automatic.

OP
OP
monkeysdad

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you hook up the power? I just put diode dynamic elite fog lights in mine and did a T Tap into the headlight wire and it was supper easy and backlighting comes right on. The diode dynamic elite install video shows the wires to t tap into you. Super easy I'm going to do any future backlighting the same way and won't use any aux switches...automatic.

I took power to the non-powered wire above the grill (violet/gray) and connected it to the Aux 6 switch (orange/yellow) at the power distribution box. Wish Ford would have given a little more wire for the auxiliary switches and the non powered wires. When I put in the new fog lights I will tap right into existing wiring for the fog lamps with Baja Designs wiring.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took power to the non-powered wire above the grill (violet/gray) and connected it to the Aux 6 switch (orange/yellow) at the power distribution box. Wish Ford would have given a little more wire for the auxiliary switches and the non powered wires. When I put in the new fog lights I will tap right into existing wiring for the fog lamps with Baja Designs wiring.
That will work good. If you ever do backlighting this is the easiest best way and save switches. 3:20 of the video. Went with Amber Elites with Amber Backlighting and they are much brighter than stock....but look stock.
Sponsored