Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the new Dometic CCF-T in my Dad's F-250 and I helped Dometic film their in-house video for the exact same unit on an F-150. It seems like Dometic and Ford have a really great relationship right now. We need to start spamming Dometic to develop the CCF-T for the Bronco! Even if it can't hold the same amount as the F-Series trucks this thing would be so sick to have!

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a girl in my other group wanting to do this! Thanks for sharing. I sent her the video!!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Justin,

Is the center console for the Bronco even big enough to matter for one of these?

I already have a Dometic CFX45 and think its the best grand you can spend to make your life easier while camping or overlanding. No disrespect to ARB which are also stellar.

An armrest cooler is great for beer ..... err, beverages, but food storage would be challenging versus the cost.

However, if with a full fridge in back, that takes care of both and can be used while at home as a deep fridge in garage or as a beer fridge in the media room. The versatility alone make it worth the investment.

OP
OP
justinbmcbride

justinbmcbride

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Justin,

Is the center console for the Bronco even big enough to matter for one of these?

I already have a Dometic CFX45 and think its the best grand you can spend to make your life easier while camping or overlanding. No disrespect to ARB which are also stellar.

An armrest cooler is great for beer ..... err, beverages, but food storage would be challenging versus the cost.

However, if with a full fridge in back, that takes care of both and can be used while at home as a deep fridge in garage or as a beer fridge in the media room. The versatility alone make it worth the investment.
Agreed that the CFX3 line totally has its place. And I would imagine this being more of a use case for drinks or my Reese's Pretzels that are constantly melting on my longer trips. lol

It'd be a tight fit for sure — I think they could make something work. If there are desktop refrigerators that fit in center consoles, then our friends at Dometic, who are the experts, could come up with something. We just need to let them know there is a demand for it.

The F-150 is the most popular truck in the world, so it stands to reason that they started with that for their debut of something like this.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Definitely wondering how viable this is with the size of the Bronco console, as well as its position in relation to power. Also unsure of sacrificing one of the few storage locations in a topless vehicle.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I doubt you would be able to fit a soda can in the Bronco console space with a fridge.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed that the CFX3 line totally has its place. And I would imagine this being more of a use case for drinks or my Reese's Pretzels that are constantly melting on my longer trips. lol

It'd be a tight fit for sure — I think they could make something work. If there are desktop refrigerators that fit in center consoles, then our friends at Dometic, who are the experts, could come up with something. We just need to let them know there is a demand for it.

The F-150 is the most popular truck in the world, so it stands to reason that they started with that for their debut of something like this.
Great point on the F-150 and I see the Bronco as a very high volume seller as well.

I'd be willing to pay $350 for such a fridge. Not sure of cost in F-150, but wouldn't be worth more than that for me. Think about it, while camping, the fridge would be off, so no real storage for food since Bronco will be powered down.

Keeping my beer cold is important though, so I doubt I'm alone in giving this a try for the right price.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Dometic makes the ARB fridges.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who would trade every inch of infotainment screens and the like for a dash mounted fridge. Piggy backing off the AC system. 👉This guy👈 would!

Also yes a center console fridge is amazing and very hard to imagine life without.
Heres mine $300-325 all in. Fridge mount, fridge with USB charge port, cup/can holders, water bottle holders, custom arm rest with PGV(porch grade vinyl), and hooks n' holes to hang stuff. Everything except fabric purchased at Home Depot even the 20L fridge. If you have an old full size Ford do this now!
Ford Bronco Start Spamming Dometic For This Center Console Fridge DSCN0480.JPG

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great point on the F-150 and I see the Bronco as a very high volume seller as well.

I'd be willing to pay $350 for such a fridge. Not sure of cost in F-150, but wouldn't be worth more than that for me. Think about it, while camping, the fridge would be off, so no real storage for food since Bronco will be powered down.

Keeping my beer cold is important though, so I doubt I'm alone in giving this a try for the right price.
I run my fridge off my battery for up to 8 to 10 hours without fear of not being able to start. When camping I simply hook a 50 watt solar panel to the battery and am just fine. New generation fridges have batteries built in that claim the ability to last days at a time and have solar inputs.
Sponsored