Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run my fridge off my battery for up to 8 to 10 hours without fear of not being able to start. When camping I simply hook a 50 watt solar panel to the battery and am just fine. New generation fridges have batteries built in that claim the ability to last days at a time and have solar inputs.
Yeah, the built in batteries are game changers really. My only concern is if batteries are replaceable. A fridge should outlast a battery by years.

I picked up a Jackery 1000 last year, so it charges everything including the fridge. My year old Dometic won't drain a car battery and I do trust that feature in THIS manufacturers fridges.

That Jackery costs a ton, but it's also an emergency power supply for the house. Basically, if I can't get dual or multi use from anything, I usually just won't buy it.

My recovery gear is about the only stuff that is purpose used, but I can do things around the house with some of that stuff as well.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, the built in batteries are game changers really. My only concern is if batteries are replaceable. A fridge should outlast a battery by years.

I picked up a Jackery 1000 last year, so it charges everything including the fridge. My year old Dometic won't drain a car battery and I do trust that feature in THIS manufacturers fridges.

That Jackery costs a ton, but it's also an emergency power supply for the house. Basically, if I can't get dual or multi use from anything, I usually just won't buy it.

My recovery gear is about the only stuff that is purpose used, but I can do things around the house with some of that stuff as well.
Yeah there is getting to be alot of good options for setups these days. Anyone that isnt dabbling with solar and battery systems for things they wouldnt have thought of 15 years ago is falling behind. We live off grid on Maui. Water catchment, house solar for 3 dwellings, separate solar shop power, backup generator(multi fuel), solar outdoor lighting, satellite and wireless connectivity. Its just how things work out here.
I have looked at the power boxes unfortunately they dont like shipping batteries here. So we are limited to store bought batteries. Even the fridges usually have to be picked up and shipped differently.

I tell you I use my recovery gear all the time for stuff. Harvesting bamboo, cutting trees, moving heavy objects, installing bridges, and all kinds of stuff. I usually use my tow straps and shackles to make perfect multi hammock and shade setups at the beach. I used my winch to operate a grader I built for the front of my comanche.

All kinds of fun stuff.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed the new Dometic CCF-T in my Dad's F-250 and I helped Dometic film their in-house video for the exact same unit on an F-150. It seems like Dometic and Ford have a really great relationship right now. We need to start spamming Dometic to develop the CCF-T for the Bronco! Even if it can't hold the same amount as the F-Series trucks this thing would be so sick to have!

Hi Justin. Love your channel. Right now I need to you focus on completing Part 3 of your Pony Express series. When Part 2 came out, I logged out from work and immediately watched it. I need to know how Part 3 turns out. :)

Sponsored

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife’s 2009 Flex has a little fridge/freezer in the 2nd row console.

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'll probably be too big to fit in Broncos small armrest but I would love one to keep my beverages cold on long trips. Maybe they can design a thermodynamic fridge instead. A compressor would be to big to fit. I hope they do.

Selective_amnesia

Wildtrak
First Name
Osama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Justin,

Is the center console for the Bronco even big enough to matter for one of these?

I already have a Dometic CFX45 and think its the best grand you can spend to make your life easier while camping or overlanding. No disrespect to ARB which are also stellar.

An armrest cooler is great for beer ..... err, beverages, but food storage would be challenging versus the cost.

However, if with a full fridge in back, that takes care of both and can be used while at home as a deep fridge in garage or as a beer fridge in the media room. The versatility alone make it worth the investment.
I would absolutely love to have a dometic center console fridge for the bronco. I live in kuwait, its 130° almost year round. It would be awesome coming back to my car knowing there’s cold water in there instead of water bottles from the pits of hell….
Plus it would save me some space since I got a two door.
I’m holding off buying a cooler that would live in my trunk hoping dometic would hear my cries.
….. we should start a petition or something 😅 even if the fridge held two 500ml bottles 🤣
Sponsored