First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have had my Bronco a few weeks now - manual trans 2.3L BD Bronco. I notice that when sitting still in idle, when I put in neutral and take my foot off the clutch it stops. Also, when someone opens the door, it stops... Kinda annoying... How can I stop this...? I can't be the first to complain about this...
Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thereā€™s a Forscan fix and (I believe) a harness option that disengages the start/stop feature. Iā€™ve gotten used to it, and usually use the ā€œoff buttonā€ when I jump in.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Press the button that disables it.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, if you have it in gear with the clutch engaged it will stay running. If you put it in neutral it will stop the engine until you press the clutch. I installed the auto stop eliminator and havenā€™t looked back.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once auto start/stop is off, you can let go of the clutch in neutral and it wonā€™t shut off. I never had the issue you described. Even with doors open. I start my bronco in the am, turn off auto start/ stop and exit vehicle with no issues. Why do i exit? I get the temp setting to what my daughter likes before i take her to school.

Also no need to install the harness or mess with Forscan ā€¦muscle memoryā€¦disengage e-brake, disengage auto start/stop and youā€™re good for your travelsā€¦

I also have a 2.3MT BD

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disabled mine w/forscan. Check, and double check the spreadsheet. If you modify the right line it works!

OP
OP
jcaruso970

jcaruso970

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once auto start/stop is off, you can let go of the clutch in neutral and it wonā€™t shut off. I never had the issue you described. Even with doors open. I start my bronco in the am, turn off auto start/ stop and exit vehicle with no issues. Why do i exit? I get the temp setting to what my daughter likes before i take her to school.

Also no need to install the harness or mess with Forscan ā€¦muscle memoryā€¦disengage e-brake, disengage auto start/stop and youā€™re good for your travelsā€¦

I also have a 2.3MT BD

Cool - I will do that - don't want to do any mods/fixes with Forscan if I can help it... I hate most of the electronic gadgets including the e-parking brake... prefer the old school manual hand brake...

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool - I will do that - don't want to do any mods/fixes with Forscan if I can help it... I hate most of the electronic gadgets including the e-parking brake... prefer the old school manual hand brake...
Iā€™m right there with you..i want visual confirmation that e-brake is engaged.

my dealer didnā€™t even know how to operate it and broke the latch to my e-brake. Just sayin.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have had my Bronco a few weeks now - manual trans 2.3L BD Bronco. I notice that when sitting still in idle, when I put in neutral and take my foot off the clutch it stops. Also, when someone opens the door, it stops... Kinda annoying... How can I stop this...? I can't be the first to complain about this...
I kinda like it. I save fuel at long lights that way. You can always press the button to cancel it if it stops when someone gets out.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the vehicle shuts down with hot turbos, does the oil cook in them? Its not like the oil keeps circulating. The amount of fuel saved vs engine wear from restarting makes it a no brainer to disable the feature IMHO.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A.S.S. Plug.

I installed it the second day of ownership, worth every penny

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kinda like it. I save fuel at long lights that way. You can always press the button to cancel it if it stops when someone gets out.
And youā€™re killing the starter as you allow it to turn off and on, all for a single Mpg

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
And youā€™re killing the starter as you allow it to turn off and on, all for a single Mpg
We shall see. Remember starters in vehicles with start/stop are not your past starters. They are fairly new designs of permanent magnet motors with higher temperatures and higher current capacity than past starters. Also starting a warm engine is much easier than starting a cold engine. If it meets the needs that Ford needs to warranty it, I think it is just fine. Again, we'll see.

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the vehicle shuts down with hot turbos, does the oil cook in them? Its not like the oil keeps circulating. The amount of fuel saved vs engine wear from restarting makes it a no brainer to disable the feature IMHO.
Not really an issue with modern turbos and oil. Also, oil may still circulate for a bit after the engine is off, because science.
Sponsored