Sponsored

Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly)

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have always wanted to be able to hit the trails, beach, areas uncharted but never had a vehicle that could take me and my family.
Decided 1.5 years ago that it was time. After researching, landed on the new Bronco. Was super excited!
15 months later, I'm starting to really look at Jeep as a option.
Interest rates have and are continuing to go up, trade in value are slowly starting to drop and I have already missed a full year of potential outdoor fun.
With no clear understanding of when I could get my Bronco I'm being pulled more and more into looking at options Jeep offers.
Several key things on the Bronco would be missed but some are closely offset by what Jeep offers.
I hate being in this situation :(

Anyone else coming up with or already have a plan "B" with a set time line?

What is your plan B?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have always wanted to be able to hit the trails, beach, areas uncharted but never had a vehicle that could take me and my family.
Decided 1.5 years ago that it was time. After researching, landed on the new Bronco. Was super excited!
Interest rates have and are continuing to go up, trade in value are slowly starting to drop and I have already missed a full year of potential outdoor fun.
With no clear understanding of when I could get my Bronco I'm being pulled more and more into looking at options Jeep offers.
Several key things on the Bronco would be missed but some are closely offset by what Jeep offers.

What is your plan B?
Fun now, Bronco later

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am currently having a friend lift my bronco. He does this for a living. He gave me a rubicon jeep to use for the couple days he will have it. Its a night and day difference driving a solid axle jeep. My wife drove it for a mile and made me drive. Constant wheel correction. This is a newer jeep. Hopefully you have driven the jeep on highway etc. Major ride quality difference for sure. If you will be rock crawling every weekend then yeah get the jeep. But imo the bronco becuz of the IFS is a clear winner in ride quality. Not even close.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait or find one on a dealer lot to buy. I got sick of waiting. Bought a jeep liked it at first but it just didn't hit the mark for me. The ride quality is junk compared to the bronco. The bronco has more room. The bronco engine hauls ass and it not just another jeep!! There are a few other things that sets it apart. But I am also a ford guy. Started seeing more and more Broncos. So I found one on a dealer lot bought it and has no regrets. Eventually my order was delivered and now i have two broncos. Only regret I have was buying the jeep. Should have found a bronco then instead of waiting.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want a Bronco, wait, if you want a car to drive around then buy whatever fits the need.

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am currently having a friend lift my bronco. He does this for a living. He gave me a rubicon jeep to use for the couple days he will have it. Its a night and day difference driving a solid axle jeep. My wife drove it for a mile and made me drive. Constant wheel correction. This is a newer jeep. Hopefully you have driven the jeep on highway etc. Major ride quality difference for sure. If you will be rock crawling every weekend then yeah get the jeep. But imo the bronco becuz of the IFS is a clear winner in ride quality. Not even close.
That's the biggest hold back for me when looking at the Jeep. I won't be a big "rock crawling" guy. But want to be in the outdoors as much as life allows and want my rig to be able to take me wherever the trails allow.
Same time, will be a daily driver...

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco, if it ever arrives, will be my Daily Driver. At this point, I regret simply not ordering another Mustang 18 months ago, because that would have been built 17 months ago.

I've owned a Jeep, it was not a good vehicle. I see no reason to put up with Jeep's notorious electrical gremlins ever again.

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait or find one on a dealer lot to buy. I got sick of waiting. Bought a jeep liked it at first but it just didn't hit the mark for me. The ride quality is junk compared to the bronco. The bronco has more room. The bronco engine hauls ass and it not just another jeep!! There are a few other things that sets it apart. But I am also a ford guy. Started seeing more and more Broncos. So I found one on a dealer lot bought it and has no regrets. Eventually my order was delivered and now i have two broncos. Only regret I have was buying the jeep. Should have found a bronco then instead of waiting.
Much appreciated, looking for real life experiences between options.
This will be our first "new car order" and first for us spending anything over 30k on a vehicle.
Want things to match what we really want (as close as possible).

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is your plan B?
Here is my 87cents: I was in the same position you are. Early reservation and order holder. Pushed to 2022MY. After over a year I started looking at Jeeps. Not that impressed. I was even looking at Land Rovers. Money was not an issue....I just wanted a new 4X4. I continued to wait. Ordered me a new Ranger Tremor with the intention of canceling the Bronco. Wife said to get it anyway ("keep both"). After a while I ordered so many accessories, it made no sense to cancel. So I didn't. 2 years to the day July 15, 2022, I finally got my Bronco. So many have said, "it is worth the wait"....well I have to agree. Difficult as hell, but, I love this machine and it was "worth the wait". My bet, you get yours over the next 6 months. I hope you can hang in there, a lot of us did and are very happy we did. Come to this page often and learn. Maybe start buying accessories (not color specific) and watching install videos, etc. Something to pass the time.
My 2 year wait BRONCO:
Ford Bronco Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly) InManCave

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with all of this. The ride on the Jeep is rough and rocks back and fourth. Less room....all of that. The Bronco while very off road capable is also great on the Highway and would make a great daily driver as well.

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is my 87cents: I was in the same position you are. Early reservation and order holder. Pushed to 2022MY. After over a year I started looking at Jeeps. Not that impressed. I was even looking at Land Rovers. Money was not an issue....I just wanted a new 4X4. I continued to wait. Ordered me a new Ranger Tremor with the intention of canceling the Bronco. Wife said to get it anyway ("keep both"). After a while I ordered so many accessories, it made no sense to cancel. So I didn't. 2 years to the day July 15, 2022, I finally got my Bronco. So many have said, "it is worth the wait"....well I have to agree. Difficult as hell, but, I love this machine and it was "worth the wait". My bet, you get yours over the next 6 months. I hope you can hang in there, a lot of us did and are very happy we did. Come to this page often and learn. Maybe start buying accessories (not color specific) and watching install videos, etc. Something to pass the time.
My 2 year wait BRONCO:
InManCave.jpg
Thanks Brother.
Damn you and your CO. That what I had on the original order lol. Yours looks great!

Bronco is my absolute best choice. Never thought originally I'd ever have to consider something else :(

I've got 6 more months in me. Just don't want to miss adventures next year with the family!
Sponsored