Sponsored

Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing wrong with not selling your adventurer side short to wait on the B6G.
I bought a used older TJ, paid cash, drove it for almost a year, sold for what I had in it when my Bronco assembly line pic came in the email.
In that interim we had doors off- top off fun, explored trails, learned a lot about the pros and cons of the TJ.
Rented a newer basic JL 4 door to drive from NC to TX to pick up the Bronco. So we had a great 20-something hours of interstate seat-time to compare against with the new ride.
Neither the TJ or the newer JL were bad. The TJ did all I wanted it to with flying colors off-road.
But was dated, loud, well-loved.
The JL only gave us one instance of worrisome handling but was small inside, seats seriously hurt after long hours on the road, and was underpowered (all in comparison with the Bronco).
If you are in a position to make payments, go get a JL and make the payments.
If not, pay cash for an older one that mechanically (and frame-wise) is sound and drive it.
Keep/sell whatever you want once the Bronco arrives.
I did.
Otherwise you are sitting on your hands, waiting for your day to come.
And missing out on things you could go and do with your family that a 2wd or large truck won't get you.

If in the end you love the Jeep, keep it, sell the Bronco at a profit. Use that to go venture somewhere outside your normal area.
If in the end you love the Bronco more, sell the Jeep, go adventuring, and have some good memories in the time that passes between now and that day.
Sponsored

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have always wanted to be able to hit the trails, beach, areas uncharted but never had a vehicle that could take me and my family.
Decided 1.5 years ago that it was time. After researching, landed on the new Bronco. Was super excited!
15 months later, I'm starting to really look at Jeep as a option.
Interest rates have and are continuing to go up, trade in value are slowly starting to drop and I have already missed a full year of potential outdoor fun.
With no clear understanding of when I could get my Bronco I'm being pulled more and more into looking at options Jeep offers.
Several key things on the Bronco would be missed but some are closely offset by what Jeep offers.
I hate being in this situation :(

Anyone else coming up with or already have a plan "B" with a set time line?

What is your plan B?
I too orderd a bronco Jan 2021 Feb of 2022 I got tierd of weighting and got a new Jlr wrangler..now my Bronco has been built sept 24th 2022 and I'm awaiting it to be shipped so I can trade in my jeep jlr..had fun with my jeep fur shur.but the bronco is far superior for a daily driver..and the jeep well is superior extreme off road.ill miss my jeep but also will have no regrets

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are some things about the wait for the production of the Bronco that are significant emotional events. To get pushed to the next model year just to have your options dropped for example (cyber orange! 🤬). Having to wait for your Bronco is not.

Detach yourself from the emotion surrounding this and realize that you are not committed to buying this vehicle. If you wanna go off-road, buy an off-road vehicle. If you wanna drive a Bronco, go buy one off the lot. If you want your specific configuration that you ordered, wait.

Understand these courses of action are not mutually exclusive.

The economy is tanking. Interest rates are rising. Inventories still just suck in general. Buying your Bronco at some indeterminate point in the future may be more expensive than it is today. Buying a vehicle today to trade it in for your future Bronco may cost you in trade-in value. This is just the reality of the situation. Many a day 1 reservation holder have waited over 2 years to take delivery. A lot can happen in 2 years.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always been a Toyota guy and frowned at Jeeps. I had a nice down payment ready for my Bronco, but got bumped another year so I used that money to buy myself a really nice used 4Runner late last year. It's taken me everywhere I wanted to go and was only 1/5th the price my buddy paid for his 2021 Rubicon JLU. My only mechanical this year has been rebuilding the front driveshaft.

My buddy's JLU has had all 4 axles replaced AND his 2.0L warped the head and had to be replaced before he hit 20,000 miles. Took about a month for his engine to get swapped. About a month waiting for axles both times (both rears, then both fronts) as he went with RCV fronts and chromoly rears. Steering stabilizer replaced by an aftermarket piece under warranty.

Even with all his issues, that Jeep is an animal on the trails when it's not broken. The Jeep's sway bar disconnect doesn't work nearly as well as the Bronco Badlands. But I still notice every Gladiator on the road and wish I had been pulled harder in that direction. I never see Gladiator's on the trails though, but maybe that's just my location??

8UPfe0A.jpg

xidex

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i wanted a Bronco like the rest of you (and still do) but when i went to the dealer to buy one and found out it was minimum a year wait, i went out and bought a 21 JLUR rubicon which was hard because i am a Ford guy and have always disliked anything Chrysler. As some of you have said i would have lost time having fun off road waiting on my Bronco. I am impressed with my Jeep and glad i bought it. The hype over the jeep being better offroad is ridiculous in my opinion mainly because a Bronco will do 95% of what the Jeep will do except maybe if you live beside a place like Moab and do hard core rock crawling all the time and even so you still need to pump thousands into a stock Jeep to make it a hard core wheeler as you would with the Bronco which in the end would still not articulate as well as the Jeep. So people should always weigh the pros and cons and their intentions for these 4 wheelers. The Bronco is way nicer to drive on and off road, my Jeep wanders like crazy, wind on the hiway pushes me around alot too even after i lowered the tire pressure as most Jeep owners do to help with this.
I also am of mind to not buy first year of any new product, let other people be the guinea pigs and let Ford sort out the bugs.
So bottom line my decision was to drive the Jeep for a few years enjoying the outdoors, order the Bronco eventually assuming the supply chain will eventually normalize, most problems will be resolved by Ford and I will get a good resale on my Jeep which they seem to hold value well. And i will have a nice daily driver which I would be using the vehicle for 90% of the time.
anyways my 2 cents on your question

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I threw in the towel waiting on the 2DR BLACK hardtop Bronco..2nd day res.
I went with a 22 Rubicon XR and went to work on the mods.
Just got back from a 600 mile trip to get to the isolated trails I enjoy off the 395 in the White Mountains.
It will never drive a nice as IFS on the road (I've owned lifted 5th Gen 4Runners and have driven the 2DR Sasquatch Bronco on and off road as well). I think you know that. Jeep on road can't touch it. My Jeep has a 2.5 lift on 37's and drives wonderful on road...for what it is.
I will say SFA on the Jeep is where it shines off road and that in itself is worth it to me comparing to past IFS vehicles.
Ford Bronco Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly) IMG_8948

Ford Bronco Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly) IMG_8932

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would be a blast I'm sure!

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I threw in the towel waiting on the 2DR BLACK hardtop Bronco..2nd day res.
I went with a 22 Rubicon XR and went to work on the mods.
Just got back from a 600 mile trip to get to the isolated trails I enjoy off the 395 in the White Mountains.
It will never drive a nice as IFS on the road (I've owned lifted 5th Gen 4Runners and have driven the 2DR Sasquatch Bronco on and off road as well). I think you know that. Jeep on road can't touch it. My Jeep has a 2.5 lift on 37's and drives wonderful on road...for what it is.
I will say SFA on the Jeep is where it shines off road and that in itself is worth it to me comparing to past IFS vehicles.

Thanks for the post/insight!

I do need something that is good as a daily driver. That's why it would suck moving away from the Bronco.
Truly is the best choice for me. The thought of losing out on another summer of fun is what's really eating at me...
I'll just keep my fingers crossed everything works out with my order.
The allocation game is BS.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand this Summer -> Fun thing.

Summer is when you hid inside with the A/C cranked up as high as it will go and pray for October to get here as fast as possible.

Couple more weeks and it will finally be convertible weather.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I am being completely honest, while I am a very experienced driver, I am new to the off-road thing. My Mall Crawler OBX is more capable than I am. It makes me look far more experienced than I am off-road.

As far as a daily driver, I commute 6 each way hours every weekend. It did need some work to seal up the wind noise on the top and I had to replace the speakers for better sound, but otherwise, it has been brilliant for nearly 40k miles! Including off-roading last weekend, I spent 22 hours on the road, no way I could or would do that in a Jeep.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After just sitting in a Jeep there's no way in hell I would take one over a Bronco. The windshield is so in your face it makes both me and my wife claustrophobic. I would like to take one on a test drive though to see if the on road ride quality is as terrible as everyone says.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Summer is when you hid inside with the A/C cranked up as high as it will go and pray for October to get here as fast as possible.

These people don't live in Alabama obviously...it's either been 100° or raining all summer. I ain't going outside.

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol :)
Sponsored