Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just don't see Jeep loosing market any time soon. People love the jeeps, myself included. My TJ is not great on road at all since it was built for off road but I still look forward to taking it for a spin on road. I'll be adding the Raptor in the mix but no plans to get rid of the jeeps. New buyers may start skewing toward Bronco once production gets normalized if that ever happens. The Bronco intrigues me and I'm looking forward to having great choices on what to drive and get on the trails.
Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It just looks like Ford will never be able to build Bronco in enough quantity to pull any Jeep market share. When day 1-2 reservations that were made 2 years ago don't have their Broncos they look elsewhere. Ford could have seriously done damage to Jeep if they didn't have their head up their own butts.
Do Ford, who can’t get the parts, had their heads up their butts? Do you really think they and the shareholders don’t want to build snd sl all they can? Maybe you need to get your head out of your butt.

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the Wrangler taking a back seat to the new Bronco. The Wrangler was sold a few days later and was a major source of the down payment on the Bronco, so no, it didn't get traded to the dealer. It sold for much better than Blue Book and added some to my savings account when done. The Wrangler was 13 years old and it was time for it to have a new owner. They'll be very happy I kept it in good shape.

20220605_224014531_iOS (2).jpg

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"It looks like the pie for off-road-oriented SUVs grew when the Bronco [was] added, rather than Bronco and Wrangler fighting over" the same slice of the market
Is the Wrangler the only measure of the off road oriented? Which other small SUVs are part of the pie? Does a convert from a Tacoma 4wd, TRD Off road count as a convert to the off road oriented even though it's a truck and it was used in the "off-road-oriented" life style?

Many are coming to the Bronco from a SUV, some from trucks and other are adding to cars in the stable. Agree until production is normal all around, you can't really count on the trends. Some are owning temporary cars, for me it's a Maza3, but I'm coming from a Tacoma, so I screw up their matrix with a temporary car.

I was lucky and got the Mazda 18 months ago. I was thinking of waiting for the used car market to catch up and then realized it wasn't going to and bought it before it went completely haywire.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is going to canabalize Mustang and Expy sales.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is curious that they lump teh Wrangler and Bronco into the compact segment.
Compact and wide are the reasons I chose the 2 door. It's almost same length a my Subaru but about 5" wider on the inside.

The jeep wrangler is too narrow for my shoulders and the b-pillar too far forward.

The 2 door bonco is the right size for a tall driver, better than most vehicles out there imo, but it's still compact. If it was never released I'd be keeping my subaru.

The only thing ford could have done to make it better would have been a to put a 35 mpg diesel in it. Even by today's electric trend a modern diesel would be highly efficient!

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very interesting, although I would think these numbers would be a little off with how difficult it is to actually get a Bronco. "The last nine months" have been atrocious for Ford. Along with the fact that Wrangler's have been around much longer and are much more accessible. I would trust the numbers when Ford can actually keep up with the manufaturing and these things start becoming more and more normal on the road.
Right. With Ford being run by incompetent children it skews this. If they could have delivered on even half of their numbers, Bronco sales and market share would probably be ahead of the wrangler.

another year, or two depending if jimbo Farley stays in charge, and the landscape will look very different.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s really not a story. It’s early and in todays car market you can’t get either so it’s not like you have a choice.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not surprised at all. The JK in its latter half arguably kicked off the "lifestyle offroad" craze, and the JL took that into overdrive. The only thing I think that remains to be seen is whether gas prices will start to erode this craze, though (fingers crossed) the prices should start coming down now, if slowly.

I do think that the bronco will "beat" the wrangler once production is smoothed out. It's pretty much a better vehicle for daily use in every way: better ride, better steering, better value at lower trims. It just makes more sense for the majority of people who will never do more than a dirt road to the proverbial barn wedding, as we say.

And perhaps an unpopular opinion, but through experience, I think Ford dealers are slightly better to deal with than FCA (Stellantis?) dealers. Just my personal experience, though I wouldn't call either company a joy to interact with haha

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compact and wide are the reasons I chose the 2 door. It's almost same length a my Subaru but about 5" wider on the inside.

The jeep wrangler is too narrow for my shoulders and the b-pillar too far forward.

The 2 door bonco is the right size for a tall driver, better than most vehicles out there imo, but it's still compact. If it was never released I'd be keeping my subaru.

The only thing ford could have done to make it better would have been a to put a 35 mpg diesel in it. Even by today's electric trend a modern diesel would be highly efficient!
All great reasons to buy a Bronco but not the point I was making. The Bronco and Wrangler do not fit in the segment of compact SUVs.

Compact SUVs:

Jeep Compass
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
GMC Terrain
Jeep Cherokee
Chevrolet Equinox
Ford Escape
Kia Sportage
Subaru Forester
Mitsubishi Outlander
Nissan Rogue
Toyota RAV4
Ford Bronco Sport
Honda CR-V
Hyundai Tucson
Volkswagen Tiguan
Mazda CX-5

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was leaving a furniture store yesterday and a young sales guy from inside saw me walking to get in my Bronco. He comes flying out the door yelling across the lot asking about the Bronco. He said he had a Jeep, and I did see one parked in the employee parking area, and went on about how he had been thinking about a Bronco. After looking at mine he was like, I think I would like to trade mine in now that I have looked at this. I said good luck with that.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Compact SUVs:

Jeep Compass
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
GMC Terrain
Jeep Cherokee
Chevrolet Equinox
Ford Escape
Kia Sportage
Subaru Forester
Mitsubishi Outlander
Nissan Rogue
Toyota RAV4
Ford Bronco Sport
Honda CR-V
Hyundai Tucson
Volkswagen Tiguan
Mazda CX-5
None of those are SUVs they are all CUVs (crossover utility vehicles).
All are unibody construction and front wheel drive except for the AWD Subie.

The only compact SUVs on the market, that I can think of are the Bronco, Wrangler, and 4Runner.

Full size is the Expy, Navigator, Tahoe etc.

I have no idea how we categorize the new Exploder, since it is RWD (again) but unibody instead of body on frame.
Sponsored