Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took my step son out to one of my favorite spots on the Timpoonekee trail/Forrest road in Utah last night. Riding in a stock Black Diamond with steelies. Enjoyed it. Weather was perfect, fall colors were awesome.

It is a really rocky trail with some ruts but I had no issues with ground clearance on this trail at least.

I picked up a Eureka grill which includes a hard case for off roading/vacation trips. Worked great. If interested, see link below.

https://www.als.com/eureka-sprk-camp-grill/p?skuId=884741

Here are a few photos of the ride.

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies CA36253D-9929-4E59-9E33-9F2CA5CBDE00

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies F1CA4E7C-3E38-4232-BD0B-68E239305CAA

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies CBC1B677-19D1-4C46-84AB-D838BECFAABA

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies 2655A2B3-8633-4109-A15F-D38F6415D268

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies 08F54BCA-19DA-4293-8058-920E058354D7

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies 9F6F2F7D-1E1B-415D-AA9D-45AD86D44C95

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies 1FC183A6-D586-44E6-94DD-C23A8575CECF
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took my step son out to one of my favorite spots on the Timpoonekee trail/Forrest road in Utah last night. Riding in a stock Black Diamond with steelies. Enjoyed it. Weather was perfect, fall colors were awesome.

It is a really rocky trail with some ruts but I had no issues with ground clearance on this trail at least.

I picked up a Eureka grill which includes a hard case for off roading/vacation trips. Worked great. If interested, see link below.

https://www.als.com/eureka-sprk-camp-grill/p?skuId=884741

Here are a few photos of the ride.

Ford Bronco Stay pumped - Off roading in the Bronco Black Diamond w/Steelies 1FC183A6-D586-44E6-94DD-C23A8575CECF

That shot with the lake in the background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
utbronco

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what type of stove do you have?
Eureka Sprk Camp grill. Butane fueled. There is a link in the post above.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great pics. Looks incredible. I have an identical build coming soon, hopefully. I’m driving it out to Utah with the family next June, and your pics have me incredibly excited.

Sponsored

BronkoNagurski

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome pictures! The one with the mountains in the background looks like it could be on Ford's website.

I'm still waiting for my BD to get built (10/18 build week). The 32s look really good in your pictures, maybe I'll wait a little while before throwing 33s on there. I keep flip flopping on that.

Keep on enjoying your rig and thanks for sharing!

jtietzer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great pictures! Same build as mine. Black diamond four door area 51 soft top. Still patiently waiting for mine. I love those steelies. Did you get the four banger 7 speed or the auto?

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WOW Incredible pics! The Fall colors!! Looks like fun!

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing photos! The yellows on the trees with the Bronco heading down the path… that’s an awesome memory for you and your step son. Very cool.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay, look over here! Found one! Non Squatch BD! How does it handle off road? Capable, I’m sure, but how is the ride quality? Love the pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
utbronco

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great pics. Looks incredible. I have an identical build coming soon, hopefully. I’m driving it out to Utah with the family next June, and your pics have me incredibly excited.
Thank you! June is a great time to be in Utah!

OP
OP
utbronco

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome pictures! The one with the mountains in the background looks like it could be on Ford's website.

I'm still waiting for my BD to get built (10/18 build week). The 32s look really good in your pictures, maybe I'll wait a little while before throwing 33s on there. I keep flip flopping on that.

Keep on enjoying your rig and thanks for sharing!
The 32's look better than I thought they would. Some times/angles it looks like it needs bigger tires but I am happy with the look.

OP
OP
utbronco

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great pictures! Same build as mine. Black diamond four door area 51 soft top. Still patiently waiting for mine. I love those steelies. Did you get the four banger 7 speed or the auto?
Thank you! I went with the 2.7 auto. I'm happy with it. Sounds like the 2.3 auto or 7 speed are still great options. I test drove a 2.3 auto w/SAS and it was fine.

OP
OP
utbronco

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, look over here! Found one! Non Squatch BD! How does it handle off road? Capable, I’m sure, but how is the ride quality? Love the pics.
Yes so very few reviews of the BD with steelies. I have been on an off road test ride in a 2 door SAS and I think the ride quality was better with the upgraded suspension and larger tires in that than my non sas Black Diamond. I kind of expected that to be the case. But as you say it is still capable. I have limited off road rides in this so far but what we have done was a lot of fun. Always felt in control even with a very rocky/bump road. GOAT modes and 4x4 system hasnt had any glitches. Seats were comfortable. The washout floors and vinyl seats were really nice since the whole interior was dust covered and had to be washed/wiped out.

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't know trees like that existed in Utah. Awesome adventure.
Sponsored