SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya know I bet the bolts holding the box in are not even needed. At first im like "Ohh man we need to make sure this box is bolted down" but as you installed it I'm sure you'll agree. the box aint going NOWHERE with or without bolts. It's a bit box that FITS and can't move. The only thing that the bolts do is prevent it from being a flying object I guess if an overturn crash :)
Yeah. I figured six out of eight was more than plenty. Now the other two are permanent spacers. It’s an expensive kit but I gotta give ARB credit for making it look factory and not having any rattles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is mounted in the DV8 enclosure - I have a 2 gallon tank mounted where a muffler would have been, remote air chuck attached to my tow hitch and my Hadley horns are mounted just forward of the rear axle un the underside of the cargo floor. Power distribution then allowed me to add an amp and upgrade my subwoofer. The relays are are setup to allow Aux switch to power down ARB and swap horn relay from air to factory - with a single throw.

Rest of the photos here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JK9DzkcMWQaB368UA

PXL_20231114_165233906.jpg
PXL_20231114_134145818.jpg
PXL_20240311_011040910.jpg
I was just looking at your install the other day. Slick man. My tank still hasn’t shown up 🤦‍♂️

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, kudos on a nice neat install, but if yours gets as hot as my engine bay mounted twin does, I think you’re a fire waiting to happen. The reason I bought the ARB twin is the 100% duty cycle. It gets really hot by the end of airing up the second vehicle in a row on an 80 degree day.

In the pic below at Sand Hollow, the fasterflate chucks would burn one’s hands by the time the jeep was aired up.

Please be very careful. Take care.

contented

IMG_1622.jpeg
Ditto on that. Mine is mounted exactly the same in this photo. I also pump up 4 tires at once which takes 15-20 minutes. I need to let the fittings cool down before removing from the compressor. And that is in 60F ambient temperature. Would be even worse in summer or southern heat.

IMG_8425.jpeg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be doing some testing on the compressor after the 2.8 gallon tank is installed to see what I’m getting on temperatures. Both with the drawer/slider closed and open as open provides a whole bunch of cabin air. Also looking at auxiliary fans for pushing and pulling out of the enclosure. I’ll post updates when completed
Worst scenario would be to spring for the DV8 metal tub, with its larger size and and higher cost, but inability to melt. I also have the ARB single in my engine bay, and it gets quite hot during inflation, along with the fittings. Compressing air produces heat, true for all my previous compressors. Will also be interesting to see if your off-brand compressor lasts.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update on temperatures/performance-

Aired up all four factory 35” tires from 12 psi to 33 psi. Did them one at a time with the compressor running continuously to fill the tanks between tires. I didn’t time it but with exception of a guy running CO2 and another running dual VIAIR compressors with dual tanks, we were the first rig done. Also aired up a jeep for the last ten psi they needed after their compressor gave up. (They used a four tire simultaneous system) The drawer was pretty well full between recovery equipment and tools but didn’t feel excessively warm when I pulled it and checked the bottom. Highest temperature of any component was the initial fitting coming out of the compressor and it was 170 F. Thinking of hooking up a temperature probe just to be able to see temperature realtime after putting the stops back in the drawer but not terribly concerned with this result.

Also-the factory pressure switch is 50-90 psi. Wondering how much it will affect the unit to swap in a 120-150. More testing to come with the higher pressures.
Sponsored