Sponsored

Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interested in:
- Steelies with more Positive Offset, to fit the wheel and tire buldge inside the body, in a flare-delete condition.
- Tall skinny tires
- Leveling kit &/or riser kit 1"-2" max

STOCK STEEL WHEEL : 7Jx16 ET55
STOCK TIRE : 255/70R16 : Sidewall of 7.5" (30" Dia/Height)
SASQUACH TIRES : 315/70R17 : Sidewall of 8.9" (35" Dia/Height)

- I am open to going with an even more narrow wheel. 6.5" or maybe even 6"?

- TIRE SIZE IS A BIG ISSUE.
It seems as you get to 33" dia. tires - they all jump to mostly 12.50" wide or more.
I FOUND:
- 34 Dia. x 9 x R16 : Super Swamper Narrow SS TSL Tires : Tread is too agressive for daily on-road
- 37.7 Dia. x x Michelin XML : 325 x 85 x R16
- 36.3 x 6.5 x 16 x 10.4 : STA SUPER TRAXION - Nice, but could go even more narrow...

Q: What slotted steel wheels can I use with a slightly more positive offset than the stock base steel wheel & still not effect clearance with breaks etc.?
Q: Should I go with a more narrow wheel?
Q: Any leads on tall skinny tires?

* I love the Utilitarian / OEM look.
* I live on narrow roads : one reason I want to build a narrow Bronco.
* The new Grenadier is going this direction with their stance/look. The flares are just a little more narrow than the small flares version of the Broncos. However their tires & wheels are a bit too wide to achieve a more traditional old - school military style.
* The new Grenadier has rubber flares - which are pretty cool.
* I did consider somehow cutting down the small Bronco flares, I think they are ABS and easy to modify - just a ton of work. Especially to preserve the lip.

- I wish someone would make : Lower profile flares, around half the width of existing small flares.
* This would be nice, but is highly unlikely anyone will make this, as the trend is : GO BIG / WIDE!!!
* Likely the only solution for me is to use a flare delete kit.

Any tips / advice are much appreciated!

Bronco_Wheels_Tires.jpg
Sponsored

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get what you are wanting, but I'd like to point out half of pictures have trucks with fender flares, full fender delete probably aint going to work out

I low pro flare is probably the best you will be able to do.

A 255/85R16 is probably the narrowest you'll find in 33ish for the base steelie

Last edited:

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won’t find any wheel that will put the tire completely inside the Bronco fender with a flare delete. I know, as I’ve looked. The +55 offset of the factory steel 16s or 17s is as close as you’ll get.
Ford Bronco Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body. 74EE817E-05DA-4B70-A319-B57F3FCCEBAE
Ford Bronco Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body. F1489EAF-85A8-4570-ACFF-7587D2240AEC

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You won’t find any wheel that will put the tire completely inside the Bronco fender with a flare delete. I know, as I’ve looked. The +55 offset of the factory steel 16s or 17s is as close as you’ll get.
Ford Bronco Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body. white-steel-wheels-heritage-style-on-Bronco-Black-DSiamond
Ford Bronco Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body. white-steel-wheels-heritage-style-on-Bronco-Black-DSiamond
I'm glad I'm not the only person interested in this.
Did you look at custom steel wheels?
There's a number of companies making them and they are not bad cost wise.
I think they basically have the inside and outside and weld them together at whatever offset you need.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get what you are wanting, but I'd like to point out half of pictures have trucks with fender flares, full fender delete probably aint going to work out

I low pro flare is probably the best you will be able to do.

A 255/85R16 is probably the narrowest you'll find in 33ish for the base steelie
I guess I'll revise the images to not cause any confusion

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m afraid that to keep the tire inside the fender lip the wheel would look really strange.…..I certainly wouldn’t consider running them.
The 10.50 35 17s on the stock BD steelie wheels are as close as I could get. I’m extremely pleased with this setup both on and off-road.
This is my second set of Kendra RTs and I love ‘em.

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m afraid that to keep the tire inside the fender lip the wheel would look really strange.…..I certainly wouldn’t consider running them.
The 10.50 35 17s on the stock BL wheels are as close as I could get. I’m extremely pleased with this setup both on and off-road.
This is my second set of Kendra RTs and I love ‘em.
Well, alot depends on how "flat" the center component of the wheel is, so it didn't stick out past the front edge of the wheel when it has the offset necessary to get the wheel under the body

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm glad I'm not the only person interested in this.
Did you look at custom steel wheels?
There's a number of companies making them and they are not bad cost wise.
I think they basically have the inside and outside and weld them together at whatever offset you need.
I like pizza cutters too so I'm sympathetic to your cause but at some level of offset your wheel or tire is going to start running into the steering knuckle or upper control arm. Does anybody have a picture of the back side of a stock 16" wheel relative to the suspension?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Currently running 255/80/17 on the stock BD steelies. Planning to go to either the 255/85/17 or 35X11.50R17 this winter. I want to stay narrow as I'm already barely squeezing through some places as is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like pizza cutters too so I'm sympathetic to your cause but at some level of offset your wheel or tire is going to start running into the steering knuckle or upper control arm. Does anybody have a picture of the back side of a stock 16" wheel relative to the suspension?
Exactly!!!!

Mike leggiero

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have any pictures down the side? How do they tuck in/poke?
If I remember I can get some pictures when I get home. But the stock steel that came on the Bd fit perfectly under the stock flares. .

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body. IMG_20220719_093259
Ford Bronco Steelies with New Positive Offset, No Flares, tall tires/narrow body. IMG_20220719_093259
Hey can you please confirm the stock 16" wheel offset? you mentioned +55?
+ I am trying to understand avaliable space in the wheel well for a positive offset greater than stock
These have +55, but they look like they have more offset than your stock wheels

THANKS!

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/b...odel=Bronco&drive=4WD&suspension=Leveling+Kit

Bronco_Wheel_Well_Section_03.jpg

Capture.JPG
Sponsored